NEWS

Ladies World Cup Final

• 5 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« on: <07-17-11/1837:02> »
A 2-2 victory for Japan.

Lesson learned: Yukari Kinga + Megan Rapinoe = Too much gorgeous for one frame.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #1 on: <07-17-11/1859:14> »
is it possible to make a comment on something involving females without involving their looks?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #2 on: <07-17-11/1907:31> »
It is, but it wouldn't be in my character.

Quote from: From Another Site
Onion Monster
104 Fans
12 minutes ago (6:53 PM)
Nobody can compete with the US women on a physical level (maybe Brazil)... but soccer isn't a game of pure, physical competitio­n. You don't win based on your shots off goal or your shots defended or by being bigger and stronger than your opponent.

You win with tactics, ball handling, perseveran­ce, and shots undefended (I'm ignoring the defensive end of competitio­n theory here, it'll wonk up comparison­s for the less academic in the crowd).

Japan outplayed us the entire time I had the game tuned (I'll have to watch the first half later). Better group movements, effective defense, few miscues, little reliance on physical play, absolutely beautiful. America, on the other hand, looked winded, frequently out of position or scrambling to get to position, shots off goal, poor crosses.

The PKs highlighte­d the difference­. A composed, confident, accurate Japan easily took advantage of a flustered, off target, America.

Cutting this short since Rapinoe is interviewi­ng now, but even she's joking about US inaccuracy in the game. (She's so pretty.)

That one mostly ignores how they look.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #3 on: <07-17-11/1946:19> »
Without moving (quickly) into the NSFW channel, I really don't watch women's soccer unless it looks like this:

I know this makes me a heathen in most parts of the world, but I know what I like and the mechanics of the soccer game itself don't really rate on my give-a-crap-o-meter...

Players (or fans) as above though? Oh hell yes ;)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <07-17-11/1949:07> »
Maybe if they had sticks...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-23-11/2255:06> »
Man, I was so disappointed. My brother and I were cheering for the US the entire time, and I thought we had it when Wambach scored the second goal, but alas it did not turn out how we had hoped.