Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

6E Increase Astral Initiative?

(1/3) > >>

Hobbes:
Astral Projection gets you +2d6.  Is there anything else in 6E that can increase Astral Initiative dice? 

Xenon:
Huh... Good question actually. Don't think I've seen any. Then again, +2D6 = 4 minor actions = possibility to use 2 major actions. Most people seem to settle for this.

Then again, since the maximum is 5 minor actions it would make sense if there was some way to get that last +1D6

Most likely it should have been a Metamagic. Similar to Technomancer's Overclocking. Where a magician gain an extra initiative dice but only while using astral projection.

Hobbes:
Astral Initiative is a total of +2d6, so 1 Major, 3 Minor actions.  Sorry if that wasn't clear. 

It totally could have been a Metamagic in previous editions.  No reason a sustained spell, Adept Power, or Foci couldn't do it though.  Just wondering if it was tucked away somewhere and I missed it.

Thanks! 

Xenon:
(SR6 p. 179)
• AR Initiative: Reaction + Intuition
• VR Initiative: (Cold Sim): Intuition + Data Processing + 1D6
• VR Initiative: (Hot Sim): Intuition + Data Processing + 2D6
(SR6 p. 161)
• Astral Initiative: (Projecting): Logic + Intuition + 2D6

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
It's still an open question as to whether a projecting mage's astral form can take a sustained spell.  Obviously not a physical spell, and health spells have to be P which rules out options like Increase Reflexes, even if one CAN have a sustained mana spell on a disembodied aura.

I'm of the opinion that since a disembodied aura can be targeted by mana spells (presumably, 6E doesn't clarify this either... have to go off of prior editions) ... it stands to reason that a sustained mana spell could be sustained post-targeting.  It should be possible under the Street Wyrd "Design your own spell" rules to create a mana spell designed to do what Increase Reflexes does, but for projecting No-Bodies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version