Shadowrun Play > Shadowrun: Anarchy

My Input on Anarchy

(1/4) > >>

Shadowjack:
It's no secret that I am a huge Anarchy fan. I am extremely excited to play but I do have some feedback that I think warrants thought.

1. The priority system from SR5 is set up in such a way that players often move away from their initial character plans in favor of getting more karma value from shuffling their priorities in an optimal manner. I really hope that Anarchy will not havre a priority system or if it does, it would be perfectly or close to perfectly balanced.

2. I think it would be amazing if the book included a high quality character sheet that covers all the mechanical aspects of your character, tags, dispositions, cues, etc. This would be very convenient for filing major NPC's. 1 page for gameplay stuff, 1 for background and other information.

3. I don't know how driving vehicles and vehicle combat works but I hope it is very simple and fun. SR5 vehicles are very cool but not actually that fun for me to use. I read that non-weapon gear has no stats, so maybe this won't be an issue.

4. I am very happy to see that contacts do not have loyalty and connection ratings. This has been a huge problem for me for a very long time and my friends are not a fan of it either. I hope this remains to be the case in the final version.

5. Each player selecting 2 positive qualities and 1 negative quality seems like a very good system to me.

6. Reducing the number of attributes looks very promising.

7. Not having to roll for intiiative is a very good thing. It's way too slow otherwise.

8. It looks like the amount of armor players can utilize is greatly reduced and also seems more reasonable for low strength characters. I hope the book does not include things like forearm guards and vitals kits because too much armor stacking leads to many problems.

9. The simplification of matrix and magic rules is a godsend. I especially like how the spells look on character sheets. Cyberware is looking very nice as well.

10. Tags, dispositions, and cues look very good. I especially like them because they seem very convenient for designing high quality NPC's.

Overall I'm loving everything I've seen, read, and heard. This is the most excited I've ever been about a Shadowrun product and solves all of my most pressing concerns (ammo and recoil tracking, initiative, complex matrix/magic/vehicles/grenades, contacts with connection and loyalty ratings, slow character creation, slow gameplay, and more)

Thanks so much for catering to those us that always wanted a faster paced version of Shadowrun!

Shadowjack:
It would also be nice if the average height and weight for races were included in the book. Previous editions had this but SR5 didn't iirc. It would be nice too if feet and pounds were used instead of kilograms and meters. I always found that strange that a Seattle based game is using meters and kilograms.

Patrick Goodman:
SR5, page 380. I'll ask that it be included somewhere in the final book.

Jack_Spade:

--- Quote from: Shadowjack on ---It would also be nice if the average height and weight for races were included in the book. Previous editions had this but SR5 didn't iirc. It would be nice too if feet and pounds were used instead of kilograms and meters. I always found that strange that a Seattle based game is using meters and kilograms.

--- End quote ---

No. No. No.
Learn the metric system - like the rest of the civilized world. This is not an USA centric game. The USA don't exist anymore. Using body parts of dead kings for measurement is a thing of the past.

Medicineman:

--- Quote from: Jack_Spade on ---
--- Quote from: Shadowjack on ---It would also be nice if the average height and weight for races were included in the book. Previous editions had this but SR5 didn't iirc. It would be nice too if feet and pounds were used instead of kilograms and meters. I always found that strange that a Seattle based game is using meters and kilograms.

--- End quote ---

No. No. No.
Learn the metric system - like the rest of the civilized world. This is not an USA centric game. The USA don't exist anymore. Using body parts of dead kings for measurement is a thing of the past.

--- End quote ---

+1 from me (a German User)

HougH!
Medicineman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version