NEWS

Street Grimoire Errata

• 179 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #165 on: <11-09-16/0829:17> »
Just about everything on the 2014 errata sheet was folded in. There's also a fair amount of other errata that had actually made it into the new printing, and which I will be posting shortly. I will also be updating the errata sheet posted on the website very soon (though I don't have a more definite ETA than that at the moment).
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #166 on: <03-15-17/0049:02> »
The Improved Potential power allows multiple levels, but each level must be for a separate Limit. The Chaos Mentor Spirit provides two levels of the power that can be applied to the same Limit. Is this intentional, or a misunderstanding of the power? Can these free levels stack with levels paid for with PP?

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #167 on: <03-17-17/0835:43> »
Hey Patrick, any chance we can get that changelog sometime soonish? I own a physical copy of the 1st print, so not too keen on having to make another purchase of the same to get access to the changes. Would still very much like to see them though!
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #168 on: <03-17-17/0932:06> »
Working on it.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #169 on: <03-22-17/0815:27> »
Thanks man, appreciate you!
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #170 on: <07-11-17/2343:55> »
Are there any limitations on the kinds of foci that can be created through Tattoo Magic?
If you can create weapon foci, does it count for all unarmed attacks that you make? If yes, does this flow on to unarmed attacks from bio/cyberware? How do adept powers like Killing Hands interact with this?
If you are somehow incapacitated and someone uses Disenchanting to destroy your tattoo'd focus, does this cause any damage to you? What form would the reagents from this take?
Does an active tattoo focus cause your body to also become dual-natured or otherwise sufficient to be targeted by a mana spell from the astral?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #171 on: <07-31-18/1352:44> »
Sorry for necroing this, but it's relevant.
So good friend of mine had a question on a pair of spell, and peripherally  a third .
SG page 119 and page 114

SPIRIT BARRIER
(ENVIRONMENTAL, AREA)
Type: P Range: LOS (A)
Duration: S Drain: F – 1
SPIRIT ZAPPER
(ENVIRONMENTAL, AREA)
Duration: S Drain: F + 1
This is modified version of the Mana Barrier spell (p. 294,
SR5) designed to work again spirits and spirit powers. When
cast on the physical plane, Spirit Zapper impedes materialized
spirits. It has no effect on spells, foci, or non-spirit dual beings
and astral forms.

BUG ZAPPER
(ENVIRONMENTAL, AREA)
Bug Zapper is a modified version of the Mana Barrier
spell (p. 294, SR5) designed to work against insect
spirits and insect spirit powers. After the fall of Chicago,
this spell started to become quite popular as the
“Bug Menace” grew in importance. When cast on the
physical plane, Spirit Zapper impedes materialized
spirits, creating a mana-based object that “zaps” any
insect spirits that come into contact with it. The barrier
inflicts Physical damage equal to its Force. Otherwise,
Bug Zapper functions the same as Mana Barrier. Note
that this spell does not damage any other types of spirits
or astral forms.

So presumably spirit barrier is mana barrier spell that only block spirits.
Spirit zapper doesn't really make sense (A spirit barrier that only effect materialized spirits? what?), so the question was, is spirit zapper intended to be a bug zapper that works on spirits?

My feeling was that latter as the materialized thing makes no sense.

Thoughts?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #172 on: <07-31-18/1451:01> »
Bug Zapper Only works on Insect Spirits. That's it.

Water, Fire, Earth, Man, Shadow  Spirits can walk through the AOE of Bug Zapper a million and one times without an effect. However, the moment a Insect Spirit enters the AOE... ZAP!!! Hence the name.

As the Spell States, it grew out of the effects of the Chicago Containment zone. And if you as a mage spent 2 years in that hell hole,. you too would come up with a way to protect the little pockets of humanity that weren't under the Bug's Control.

As to Spirit Barrier.... A very good spell to stop possession spirits, inhabitation spirits, or Realistic Spirits from walking into areas that you don't want them to... like a Board meeting where they are going to vote with their meat suit to throw a company into chaos.....

Remember, many of the gear and spells Runners use don't ACTUALLY have a "shadow" role. They were designed and built for the normal world... These spells aree obvious security spells in relation to The activities of Spirits in the 6th world.... And with free spirits, possession spirits, inhabitation spirits, and other things that go bump in the night, its only natural that there would be spells to deal with these threats.

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <07-31-18/1508:31> »
Bug Zapper Only works on Insect Spirits. That's it.

Water, Fire, Earth, Man, Shadow  Spirits can walk through the AOE of Bug Zapper a million and one times without an effect. However, the moment a Insect Spirit enters the AOE... ZAP!!! Hence the name.

As the Spell States, it grew out of the effects of the Chicago Containment zone. And if you as a mage spent 2 years in that hell hole,. you too would come up with a way to protect the little pockets of humanity that weren't under the Bug's Control.

As to Spirit Barrier.... A very good spell to stop possession spirits, inhabitation spirits, or Realistic Spirits from walking into areas that you don't want them to... like a Board meeting where they are going to vote with their meat suit to throw a company into chaos.....

Remember, many of the gear and spells Runners use don't ACTUALLY have a "shadow" role. They were designed and built for the normal world... These spells aree obvious security spells in relation to The activities of Spirits in the 6th world.... And with free spirits, possession spirits, inhabitation spirits, and other things that go bump in the night, its only natural that there would be spells to deal with these threats.

Yes Reaver i know all that. But the question is what does

SPIRIT BARRIER
(ENVIRONMENTAL, AREA)
Duration: S Drain: F – 1
SPIRIT ZAPPER
(ENVIRONMENTAL, AREA)

This is modified version of the Mana Barrier spell (p. 294,
SR5) designed to work again spirits and spirit powers. When
cast on the physical plane, Spirit Zapper impedes materialized
spirits. It has no effect on spells, foci, or non-spirit dual beings
and astral forms.

this do?
« Last Edit: <07-31-18/1510:58> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <07-31-18/1723:25> »
I think his question is if the intent was that Spirit Zapper would “zap” any spirits that come into contact with it, inflicting Physical damage equal to its Force.

It does say that "Spirit Zapper impedes materialized spirits.", but, unlike the Bug Zapper spell, it seem as if the Spirit Zapper spell doesn't expand on what "impedes materialized spirits" entails.

I think it is personable to believe that the intent is that "impedes materialized spirits" = "inflicting Physical damage equal to its Force to all materialized spirits".

prophet42

• Newb
  • Financial Prognosticator
« Reply #175 on: <07-31-18/2256:13> »
The drain is the same for both Spirit Zapper & Bug Zapper (F + 1).

My initial thought was 'why not just take the version to covers more options?' (i.e. Spirit Zapper).

I suppose using the more limited version (Bug Zapper) would allow you to hinder the bug spirits while allowing your own spirits to act unimpeded.

Still curious to see the thoughts of the errata crew.
If its not fun, then why are you doing it?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #176 on: <08-02-18/1219:14> »
Unlike Insecticide, Bug Zapper hits ALL kinds of Bug Spirits, not just 1 kind, so it seems fair it doesn't get the benefit of being more limited.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #177 on: <08-02-18/1429:05> »
Unlike Insecticide, Bug Zapper hits ALL kinds of Bug Spirits, not just 1 kind, so it seems fair it doesn't get the benefit of being more limited.

The question isn't Bug Zapper Michael we know that does; the question is Spirit Zapper. What does it do?
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #178 on: <08-02-18/1607:51> »
If we follow what is written, it's a mana barrier that doesn't block all those useful astral auras of runner tools, so no problem bringing in your foci and quickened spells but a spirit triggers astral intersection. Having two does imply Zapper also does damage on contact so that is obviously missing.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

prophet42

• Newb
  • Financial Prognosticator
« Reply #179 on: <08-02-18/2028:52> »
I suspect that we could just cut n paste from the Bug zapper spell to get the specifics for the Spirit Zapper.
If its not fun, then why are you doing it?