NEWS

Bring Out Your Dead (Precautions against Shedim in 2075)

• 16 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <04-14-14/1440:35> »
No idea what "murder point" is or how to prevent that - my current players fence cyberware from their enemies and have just gotten been caught, had to burn their fake SINs and move out of the city with multiple agencies (a few corp security and the triads) following them. Trying to properly portray some aspects that are frowned upon in the 6th world (when they did those things regularly in the Rifts and D&D campaigns they played before I joined) is a difficult subject that I'm still trying to manage, particularly when the fencer they rely on is already morally corrupt enough not to care about what other people think about the ethics of "used cyberware".

That's an interesting take.  Rifts and D&D are systems wherein the players are regularly murderous lunatics that in the real world would barely cling to their sanity as they spiral out of control.  World of Darkness introduces a system that measures a person's bestial, sadistic natures and does a good job of making morality a big thing.  Shadowrun's morality is more like real-world morality - no numbers to represent things, but laws that are in some ways inviolate.  I think you did it correctly by chasing them out of the city.  So long as their contacts are still intact, they should be able to return after a month or two of laying low in a hole somewhere.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <04-14-14/1843:09> »
The NPC I wrote up a while ago is going to be the main antagonist in my campaign. He's a Toxic Havoc Shaman that subtly uses spirits to mess with the runners. He has a very dark sense of humor, and doesn't want the runners dead.... yet, but enjoys causing chaos. First he convinces the Sorcerer (who is the only one on team that has Astral Perception.) that one of the bodies in Morgue is really alive and there would be big reward for her return, using the Desire Reflection Power.

I'm thinking the Toxic spirit of Man will be a Force 7 or 8 (So if they try to Banish it, they are going to risk Physical Drain.), they don't want to kill it, because they need the data that's in the host's head. I was thinking that the spirit might even "help" the runners with an Accident spell, if they are being pursued. Mainly he's going to be a major pain in the arse, once the runners discover the head is possessed.

Using Influence Power and New Groin Shot rules in Run & Gun "Hey you want a little head?!" "Chomp, Chomp, Chomp!"

So what do you all think of this Scenario?
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett