NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #360 on: <10-10-14/0247:59> »
(CRB p. 303 & 304)
Assuming that the mental stats for all spirits isn't just F (earth, fire and man have modifiers)and that spirit Astral Initiative is calculated the same way as for mortal wouldn't the astral initiative for spirits of Fire and Man be ((f+1)x2)+3d6?
Spirit Initiative seems to follow separate rules. You always have some, that seem to be perfectly valid for typical initiative (Air) and then others where you just scratch your head (Man would be wrong for both calculations).
This has also been that way in SR4. All Core spirits were fine, except Air. It had F+4 for Reaction and only got Fx2+3 for initiative. When you thought that would have been just a typo you took a look at Street Magic and were completely puzzled. Every new spirit came with their own unrelated initiative modifier! So ... Just take the values as given and save yourself a serious headache.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #361 on: <02-13-15/0924:30> »
There continues to be a discussion about what weapons can fit on a standard weapon mount and what weapons must use a heavy weapon mount.

The book says:

Quote from:  Shadowrun 5th Edition pg 461
Standard weapon mounts may hold any assault rifle or smaller-sized weapon and 250 rounds of ammo.

Some think that the section in bold mean that shotguns and sniper rifles can only be used in heavy weapon mounts since they have a higher concealability rating than assault rifles (Shadowrun 5th Edition pg 420.)  Others say that heavy weapon mounts are for heavy weapons (MG, Grenade Launcher, etc.) and all other weapons use standard weapon mounts.  Could there be a clarification at some point on this?  Thanks.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #362 on: <02-13-15/1100:32> »
Oh, how I wan this to be clarified. I am in the boat that most sniper rifles and shotguns should fit into a standard weapon mount, but guns like the Terracotta Arms sniper rifle and the Beretta 122 being exceptions. Granted, I am ok with any clarification.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

viashno

• Newb
« Reply #363 on: <04-20-15/1746:20> »
Run & Gun page 25 says the Harpoon/Javelin uses the Thrown Weapons and Blades skills to use at range and in melee, respectively. Run Faster page 67 gives the Trans-Polar Aleutian Nation the Exotic Melee Weapon [Harpoons] skill. Are harpoons a blade or an exotic weapon?

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #364 on: <04-21-15/0130:14> »
Exotic can be nearly anything.
But when using the specific weapons from Run & Gun you refer to their statblocks and rules. So you can use the Blades Skill in melee.
It's just that they have the option to introduce other harpoon-style weapons that could use other rules.

Adamo1618

« Reply #365 on: <04-25-15/0929:38> »
There continues to be a discussion about what weapons can fit on a standard weapon mount and what weapons must use a heavy weapon mount.

The book says:

Standard weapon mounts may hold any assault rifle or smaller-sized weapon and 250 rounds of ammo.

Some think that the section in bold mean that shotguns and sniper rifles can only be used in heavy weapon mounts since they have a higher concealability rating than assault rifles (Shadowrun 5th Edition pg 420.)  Others say that heavy weapon mounts are for heavy weapons (MG, Grenade Launcher, etc.) and all other weapons use standard weapon mounts.  Could there be a clarification at some point on this?  Thanks.

The table you refer to states that shotguns have the same concealability mod as assault rifles (+6). According to the rules, larger weapons - sniper rifles for example - cannot fit into the standard mounts. Shotguns are about the same size as assualt rifles, so they would fit.

Pixie

« Reply #366 on: <04-25-15/1047:56> »
This isn't a thread for discussions, this is a thread for listing errata and potential errata.  Discussions can be put into other threads so as not to clutter up this one.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #367 on: <04-26-15/1343:36> »

The book says:

Oh, how I wan this to be clarified. I am in the boat that most sniper rifles and shotguns should fit into a standard weapon mount, but guns like the Terracotta Arms sniper rifle and the Beretta 122 being exceptions. Granted, I am ok with any clarification.

For what it's worth, Bull has clarified this for missions at least. http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18293.msg325421#msg325421

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #368 on: <07-14-15/0911:54> »
Page 460 of the Core Rule Book (Second Printing)

Cultured bioware must be tailor-made for the body in which it will eventually find a home.

With this in mind, can Cultured Bioware be bought Used?
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #369 on: <07-14-15/1030:59> »
No.  There can be some major rejection issues, and some simply can't be effectively transplanted.  It's about the only thing you can't get used.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Facemage

• Omae
« Reply #370 on: <07-16-15/0545:31> »
Is chemistry active or knowledge skill? It is in active skill lists (like on p. 144 and 151). On the other hand it is also on knowledge skill list (p. 149).

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #371 on: <07-17-15/0615:42> »
Both, depending on how you use it.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #372 on: <07-25-15/2227:14> »
Is there ever going to be a clarification on the Rigger section? As in what Attributes a Rigger uses while jumped in. What bonuses stack while in VR and Hot Sim etc.
Sorry, I replaced 1/4 of my brain with a VCR, I only speak Rigger now.

demion

• Newb
« Reply #373 on: <08-09-15/0702:06> »
I also asked this question in the Rules Clarification Section. But I think it should be addressed in the errata because of contradictory text passages on this topic.

I use the 2nd printing and there are 3 mentions of getting unsconsious - but only as "fluff text" and cross-reference

On page 100 in the section "Final Calculations" for character creation it states: "Every character has a Condition Monitor that tells the player how much Physical and Stun damage they can take before falling unconscious. ... For more information on using the Condition Monitor, see Damage, p. 169".

On page 137 section "Using Survival" skill it states "If your Stun Condition Monitor overflows and you fall unconcious,..."

On page 285 section "Combat Spells" Stunball it states "They are sometimes referred to as sleep spells because the can render targets unconscious but keep thema live"

On the contrary the Combat Rules say otherwise

On Page 169 "Stun Damage" and page 170 "Exceeding the condition monitor" there is absolut no mention of the word unconscious. Actually there is no mention of unconsciousness in the whole combat section.

Now my question is - was it forgotten to put a rule in the combat/damage/healing section for going unconscious and getting up again??
Or was it taken out of there on purpose and it got forgotten to delete the cross-references on going unconscious in the named places? I mean there are some examples for this kind of error when the rules were apparently changed in the course of rule-design and didn't get corrected at every mentioning in the book (for example the charging attack on page 162 vs 186)

Is there any official statement to this cause?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #374 on: <08-09-15/0720:23> »
Have you read the section on Healing? (pp 205 - 209 Core Rulebook Second Printing)

From page 207:

STUN DAMAGE
Make a Body + Willpower (1 hour) Extended Test. The
character must rest for the entire hour for it to count
(forced naps and unconsciousness also count). Each hit
heals 1 box of Stun damage.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82