NEWS

How do you think essence cost reductions work?

• 4 Replies

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« on: <07-21-12/1344:50> »
Like the title says: how do you think essence cost reduction from having Biocompatibility and Alpha-grade 'ware works?

Adapsin is additive: -10% from adapsin and -20% from Alpha is -30% total, not -28%.

Used is multiplicative (it's banned in Missions, but still a SR rule): +20% from Used and -20% from Alpha is 96%, per the example.

Gaesa and Ways (again, not used in Missions, but still a SR rule) is a similar example of multiple deductions and is 50% off, not 43.75% off.

Biocomptability just doesn't say. Is Biocompatible Alphaware -28% or -30%? How do you run it?

I am specifically interested in this for Missions purposes which is why it's here, not on the main rules questions board - I'd like to know what the community consensus, such as it is, is for Missions.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-21-12/1359:14> »
I'd say use the one that's simpler math to figure out (and apply).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #2 on: <07-21-12/1409:40> »
I'd say use the one that's simpler math to figure out (and apply).

Agreed. So I'd say Additive, even though it is more advantageous to players (in Missions, some of them need the help)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <07-21-12/1725:01> »
I prefer additive, across the board.  Easier math, simpler to wrap your head around, cuts users a little slack, it's a win/win.

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #4 on: <07-21-12/2051:11> »
I am surprised this isnt covered in official erranta but yeah additive.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?