NEWS

[IC] UB 10 -- finished

• 219 Replies

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <12-30-13/1024:03> »
Storm orders a coffee with a shot of real bourbon and walks over towards Dannyboy. She takes a seat behind him at the next table over and sits with her back turned partially towards him. She sips her drink, observes, and waits for Zach to make the first move on his new potential contact.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-02-14/1416:50> »
@Zach:

Instead of hearing the Doc's familiar robotically masked voice respond to your question, an automated message that you can tell is the voice of his/her assistant Neena.  "If this is a life or death emergency, activate your Doc Wagon panic button on your comm-link immediately, otherwise we encourage you to seek medical care elsewhere.  Thank you."  The call hangs up. 

You see Thermo position himself close to Dannyboy and you take that as a good sign for you to move in.  You approach the table he's at and they all look up at you.  Finally being able to see Dannyboy's tusked face you can see the mechanical irises of his cybereyes rotate and unfold.  "So you wanna know about TVH....don't worry, I heard the whole conversation." He taps the side of his hood covering his right ear.  "At least I got one piece of ware that works decently."  Shifting in his chair you can hear the rotator servo's in his torso purr a little too loudly and he begins to cough and puts up a finger asking you to hold on while he composes himself again.  "Excuse me....I was on a tour of duty in South America, us UCAS Marine's were clearing some minefields so Ares troops could move a transport through....my sensor equipment failed and I stepped right on one.  The corps outsource the dirty work to us government forces and then when we break we just get shipped back home.  TVH did what they could to put me back together, but they hardly got the resources to do the job right.  If you got the cred I'd recommend taking your ass over to some corporate Hospital.  You got some bad kidney's too?" 

He's obviously very observant and a veteran of intense combat but Dannyboy and his friends seem to be a lot nicer than their intimidating demeanor would suggest. 

@Thermo:
The astral space of the Piggyback exudes a warm comforting feel tinged with the basic depressing grind of poverty that pervades everything down here.  You also see a lot more prevalence of awakened varieties of spores and dusts but that has been prevalent throughout all of the Underground.
[spoiler]OOC: Rolling your knowledge skill.  Magical Communities 7 + Int 5 [Mental=5] = (12d6.hits(5)=7).  5 hits[/spoiler]
You remember that not too far from here a number of storm drains in the vicinity broke during the earthquakes caused by the Great Ghost Dance, and the combination of quakes, subsidence, and erosion has opened out a large cavern nearby called the Cavern of Waterfalls. Shamans passing through decided that a place so rich in natural forces would be an excellent place to site medicine lodges, and the set of lodges here— all to urban totems like Dog, Rat, Raccoon, Gator, and Snake— is analogous to the similar spot on Council Island, Medicine Lodge Hollow.  Unlike Medicine Lodge Hollow, some of the lodges are fully functional... and in regular use by particular shamans.  As part of the caverns there are several kinds of mosses that provide some light and the area is incredibly peaceful so you've heard.  This is most likely the origin of the higher counts of awakened biomass.

@Ren:
[spoiler]OOC: Make a matrix perception check.  Make sure to take the -2 for being in the underground in addition to any grid penalties you might have (-2 for public).[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-02-14/1509:12> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #17 on: <01-02-14/1554:15> »
Zach hangs up quickly, muttering curses:
@Stake:As I suspected. This contact is possibly compromised. We better start packing, in case the call was traced. I have trust in you, well ork can never be carefull enought this days.

He takes his cup and moves to the table. This needs to be done quick. Even if it means to play all-in. He is not sure about the next step, so he took a deep breath and jumps to the dark waters head first...

Sorry about this tightrope dancing, well I don`t want to disrespect you by not being honest to you. Our problem, Dannyboy, seems to be the crackdown on shadows. Chirurgicaly precise, almost like AI controlled, armed milspec drone assaults. I don`t know if you have some friends in the shadows, or if you heard of such attacks recently. Me and my friend here we were targetted by those enought times to take it personal, and we traced the source back to TVH. The hospital is in no case the target, but something is hiding there. And if it isn`t stopped, it would strike here and there, unless it hits someone we care about. We need to get in and out with the less disturbances possible. You know the place. Can you help us to get our hands on ambulance and some medical uniforms? Or at least give us some security detail that would help us to get in?
« Last Edit: <01-02-14/1628:27> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-02-14/2146:37> »
@Zach:
[spoiler]OOC: Roll a Charisma + Willpower [Social].[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-02-14/2148:12> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-03-14/0324:49> »
Fuck am I sweating or is it just a feeling

Ch(2)+Wp(3) [4] (5d6.hits(5)=4)
« Last Edit: <01-03-14/0720:13> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-05-14/0122:58> »
[spoiler]OOC: Judge Intentions Cha 4 + Int 4 = (8d6.hits(5)=5).  He reads your intentions correctly and sees that you're not trying to mess with him.[/spoiler]

@Zach:
Dannyboy and his friends all look at you in silence.  Danny quickly looks around the room back and forth and then leans in a little closer lowering his voice.  "Are you and your friend over there....shadowrunners?".  You're a little surprised that he noticed a connection between  you and Storm, but she does stand out anyways in the Underground. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-05-14/0659:30> »
Far beyond the point of no return, Zach has no choice but to continue. He looks at Storm, just to see how she likes to be mentioned by both sides as a third person, nods at her, and leaves upon her to decide what he meant by that.  Before he turns back to Dannyboy, Zach sends quick comand via trodes to his PAN, and activates his white noise generator. He isn`t sure if the device helps in the place like this, but
Better safe, than sorry.
Da. Runners on the run.
« Last Edit: <01-05-14/0835:17> by Sichr »

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-05-14/1050:09> »
Storm's cybereyes flash a magical bright blue as she turns her attention to Danny. She gives a smoldering look that says "No more questions about us" and "It's in your best interest to help us" without actually saying a word.

Cha(11)+Intimidate(1)+Specialization(2)+First Impression(2)-Sustaining(1) [Social:7] (15d6.hits(5)=8) 7 hits

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-06-14/0219:43> »
@Zach&Thermo:
[spoiler]I'll take away 3 dice from your roll since orks are more physically imposing and they outnumber you, but you also are using some magic so make that a -2 which leaves you with 7 hits still. Cha 4 + Will 4 + leader 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=2).  5 net hits.[/spoiler]
The orks freeze up and even though they try hard to suppress it you can see an unmistakeable look of fear grow behind their expressions.  Dannyboy looks back and forth between Zach and Thermo and lowers his voice even more.  "You don't have to worry about us saying anything to anyone....we don't want any trouble.... I can't help you with getting your hands on what you're looking for.  We're just ordinary vets and we don't want to get mixed up in anything!"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-06-14/0801:27> »
[spoiler=matrix perception]Note: Currently I have a Noise reduction rating of 4 (2 datajacks, Signal Scrub program), so only the public grid penalty should apply.
INT(6) + Computer(5) + hot sim(2) – public(2) [Data Processing(6)] (11d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-06-14/1218:44> »
@Ren:

You've been monitoring Zach's encrypted comm call and judging from the subtle delay in ping echos you can tell someone or something is snooping around and might be actively attempting to crack your encryption.   As long as they don't crack it they can't find Zach's comm, but if they do they could potentially attempt to mark it up enough to run a trace and zero in on a physical location.  The one thing working to your advantage is the noise they would have to deal with tracing someone into the Underground.

[spoiler]OOC: if you want to know more about the icon doing the snooping roll another Matrix Perception opposed test with an extra -3 for additional noise.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-06-14/1317:21> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <01-06-14/1526:15> »
OK ok calm down, no need to be afraid. We are not here to threaten you. We need help. And as it use to be in our job, I don`t want it for free. I understand that you, as vets, have a chance for some medical care in TVH. Well there may be quite a few of your relatives or friends, who are not this lucky. I happen to posess a few best Autodoc units available on the market, including medicals, antbiotics and whatever you may use down here for your children, wives and those in need. If you cannot help us, lead us to someone who can. Please.
« Last Edit: <01-06-14/1527:58> by Sichr »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-06-14/1821:08> »
Who are you, little sneaky bastard? Stake took a look at the sniffer.
[spoiler=matrix perception]INT(6) + Computer(5) + hot sim(2) - public(2) - noise(5) + noise reduction(3) [Data Processing(6)] (9d6.hits(5)=2)[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <01-07-14/1849:50> »
Storm takes a calculated risk. "If we can set you up with a permanent medical solution down here, does that increase your.. interest?"

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <01-11-14/1646:35> »
@Zach & Storm:
Dannyboy looks at both of you and then falls silent for a moment weighing his options and then speaks. "That sounds like a fair trade.  Quality medkits with replenishing supplies would go a long way to helping many people in our community.  Half this place is run by gang-bangers and the other half is run by KE and we're squeezed in the middle.  I didn't get blown apart half-way across the world to come back and see that nothing we did made an ounce of difference for our families and friends here at home."  The other ork vets nod in agreement and you get the feeling that a part of their minds are still reliving battles whose scars are the only medal they ever took home.  Danny looks at Storm, "By a more permanent solution, if you could help me fix my glitchy 'ware up that TVH installed, we could help you out. "

@Stake:
You look for the snooper but it seems to be sleazing you quite effectively.