NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

Companero

• Newb
« Reply #480 on: <03-13-13/1306:25> »
Hi!

I'm new to actually playing Shadowrun but I've been reading the source material for years (inspiration material for a decade of Cyberpunk 2020 games!) and i'm glad to finally get around to trying out some SR (and talking about it on a forum). Its great to have such an active resource for character creation advice (It's also fun to see a couple of old screen names from CP2020 forums hanging about in here...)!

Thanks,
/Companero

http://vircadesproject.blogspot.co.uk/ RPG blog! - cyberpunk gaming blog!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #481 on: <03-13-13/1355:32> »
Welcome! Glad to see another person finally getting a chance to play the game!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #482 on: <03-13-13/1610:56> »
Familiar names like mine?  ;D

And I know the pain you're feeling, Companero.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lazer

• Newb
« Reply #483 on: <03-25-13/0017:11> »
Heya Jackpoint!

I'm pretty new to tabletop RPGs, despite hanging out with a lot of people who played them and lurking a few tabletop game-based forums. I've done forum RP's for a few years and love writing characters, and love cyberpunk stuff, so I've actually read into Shadowrun longer than I've been playing it. As in I literally started just this month. BUT ANYWAY HEY yeah forums how y'all doin

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #484 on: <03-25-13/1026:10> »
Welcome! Have fun, ask questions, try not to pick on CanRay too much.

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #485 on: <03-25-13/1129:41> »
Yeah, welcome to you both and here's hoping you get a sucked-in as the rest of us hopeless fanboys and fangirls!
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Bywhan

• Newb
« Reply #486 on: <03-27-13/1106:17> »
Hi all.
Been stalking the forum for a few months now on my phone. Decided it was time to see about contributing to the general mayhem and maybe play a few games.
Speech
Thoughts
<<[Matrix]>>

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #487 on: <03-27-13/1111:40> »
Welcome Bywhan! Enjoy your stay and ask any questions you have.

TheRedArmy

• Newb
  • Maintain your honor. Without fail.
« Reply #488 on: <04-03-13/0349:48> »
Hi all!

I've been lurking around here for about two weeks, and I've decided to Jack in. Although I'm very familiar with Shadowrun 4e, I've only played a few games. However, I really like the setting and how it emphasizes Role-playing.

I have extensive experience with 3.5 DnD and Pathfinder, and I'm running a long-term campaign in PF right now.  Although I still enjoy PF, a number of problems the system possesses, including the fickle d20, compel me to look elsewhere.

I've also played GURPS some. It's a fine system, but I just can't get into it like other systems.

I'm also interested in aberrant and savage worlds. If anyone has experience with these systems, shoot me a PM, I'd love to hear about it.

Yours in Honor,
TheRedArmy

hughnme

• Newb
« Reply #489 on: <04-04-13/0538:42> »
Hello all,

I'm Hugh and I'm almost brand new to Shadowrun.I bought the fourth edition core book and I love it.To be honest the rules are a little intimidating however I've asked some questions already on the forums and had them answered which is cool.I host three gaming groups on via meetup-Dungeons and Dragons 4E,Call of Cthulhu and All Flesh Must Be Eaten,about 14 gamers in total.

I'm hoping to convert at least one group to Shadowrun and we are playing a one-shot this Saturday night,I'm playing UmaroVI's Spirit Shaman.I love podcasts and have been listening to Hidden Grid and Critical Glitch to get a handle on the system.If you don't mind me being cheeky strait after saying hello-could I suggest you consider at some stage a Newbie Forum,I think with Fifth edition coming out soon you will have a heap of new players to contend with.

That's about it,apologies in advance for my pestering you guys with my noob questions.  ;D

Outlaw.Thom

• Newb
  • Wife and steady job have ruined many a good runner
« Reply #490 on: <04-04-13/1025:10> »
Howdy all!

Been playing shadowrun for about a year with some friends. Been having a blast. Hope to get some post to play games in! See you all in the matrix!

Doki-Chan

• Newb
« Reply #491 on: <04-26-13/1606:44> »
Hi chaps and chapettes :D

I played a long time ago, and have recently started playing a 4th ed game with my regular Weds group.

I'm also currently writing some weekly flash fiction on another site I thought peeps might appreciate here (so that's in fan fic; let me know if you want any more chapters...)

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #492 on: <04-30-13/0305:39> »
Welcome Outlaw and Doki-Chan!  Feel free to ask questions, this place has all the answers and a ton of experienced gms and players to ask advice from.  My personal favs are the Secret History and Fan Fiction sections.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #493 on: <04-30-13/0723:23> »
Welcome to all! Look around, ask questions, poke the Canadians. Just be careful of the dragon sipping espresso in the back...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #494 on: <04-30-13/1447:24> »
Welcome to all! Look around, ask questions, poke the Canadians. Just be careful of the dragon sipping espresso in the back...
For the last time, I'm not a dragon!  Just cranky after my surgery!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11