NEWS

GenCon 2015

• 45 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <07-26-15/0114:39> »
Full post on the CGL website:

SHADOWRUN: CROSSFIRE CHARACTER EXPANSION 2: STREET LEGENDS ($19.99)

Shadowrunners are nothing if not indviduals, and Character Expansion Pack 2 gives you plenty of more individuals to use in your Shadowrun: Crossfire game. It includes an additional set of Higher-Caliber Ops upgrade stickers, adding options for making the exact character you envision, five street legend cards for players who want to leap into the shadows with a head start, and twenty standard character cards with new art for players designing runners from the ground up.

SHADOWRUN CHROME FLESH (STANDARD $49.99; LE 74.99)

Shadowrunners cannot be limited by what their bodies can—or cannot—do. They have to do more, stretch farther, surpass any limits, and accomplish the impossible. Some runners can rely on magic; for everyone else, there are augmentations. From shiny chrome that makes your body into a humanoid semi-truck to genetech that alters you at the most fundamental level to drugs and chemicals that give you a quick and dirty boost, Chrome Flesh provides dozens of new ways to alter Shadowrun characters and make them better, stronger, faster, and altogether readier to kick ass and take names on the streets.

Along with the gear and a compiled table of all cyberware, bioware, genetech, and nanotech currently available in Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, Chrome Flesh covers how runners break down and what resources can help fix them up, and where augmentation tech might go in the future. It’s paydata every shadowrunner needs if they want to overcome everything the Sixth World is going to throw at them.

SHADOWRUN BOUNDLESS MERCY ($19.99)

Elizabeth Nunn, a delightful woman who happens to have an odd habit of hanging out in hospitals and abandoned churches, has a grudge. A deep grudge. The kind of grudge that requires professional help to work out, and we’re not talking about a psychotherapist. She needs shadow runners, and if they’re willing to take on the job, they’ll encounter fierce gangers, wild critters, and members of a secret magical society who fiercely guard their secrets. If the runners can survive, they can find out just what Nunn is mad about—and how far she is willing to go for her revenge.

Boundless Mercy is a series of Shadowrun Missions that were first run at major conventions. Featuring four linked adventures with complete game information, this book offers plenty of resources for gamemasters—and some steep challenges for players.

SHADOWRUN WORLD OF SHADOWS, ANTHOLOGY ($12.95)

The Sixth World is a dangerous place, with deadly hazards lurking around every corner. Everywhere shadowrunners go, from the top of the world to the deepest, darkest Sprawl neighborhood, some’s always looking to make their rep by taking you down.

World of Shadows is the second anthology of original Shadowrun short stories, each one showcasing some of the most far-flung, treacherous locations around the world. From a scientific mission gone wrong in the snowy wilds of Russia to an AR nightclub in Morocco sheltering runners on the lam to a recovering runner drawn into a deadly web of intrigue in the darkest alleys of Hong Kong, these eighteen original short stories explore exotic settings far off the beaten path. Featuring stories by Michael A. Stackpole, Mel Odom, Jean Rabe, Aaron Rosenberg, Phaedra Weldon, Annie Bellet, Chris A. Jackson and many others, find out what happens when shadowrunners have to battle not only with ever-present threat of the corps and Mr. Johnson, but also the dangers of the very land they stand on.

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-26-15/0129:52> »
Mmmm... What was the first anthology of original Shadowrun short stories?
I can't seem to recall what is was called.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-26-15/0915:38> »

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-26-15/2113:26> »
Any word on Shadowrun: Crossfire High-Caliber Ops Expansion Pack? Both expansion packs for Crossfire are in the catalog for pre-order but don't have release dates yet?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-27-15/0840:28> »
Nothing official, though I suspect that if it wasn't mentioned in the announcement, pretty unlikely that we'll see it at GenCon. Don't expect that we'll see any release dates until post-GenCon.

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-01-15/2306:11> »
Were playmats an exclusive item for GenCon or are they gonna be available to purchase for us, GenCan't attendees? :)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-02-15/2017:37> »
I believe that they were available for the Con.

An aside, once the forums are back up and running, I'll be posting a summary of the CGL seminar that was taped and posted on YouTube.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-03-15/0738:11> »
Recorded by Dave N; Shadowrun content (Jason Hardy) start as 10:15 in.

Stuff at the show
  • Chrome Flesh (standard and LE) at the show
  • World of Shadows anthology at the show; each story in a different location, trying show how expansive and different the Sixth World can be
  • Crossfire Living Legends (Character Expansion 2) at show, but selling out extremely quickly
  • High Caliber Ops (at printer…~5 weeks from being on the boat)
  • Bloody Business and Boundless Mercy at show
Coming Soon
  • Corp Sourcebook coming in early 2016
  • Hard Targets coming late 2015 focusing on wet work an Havana
  • Rigger 5 coming in early 2016
  • 2 year road map for SR5 products
  • Sixth World Tarot – being developed w/ art by Echo Chernik; hints in books…coming…
eBooks
  • Shadows in Focus doing well, with additional installments covering Butte (city/location), adventure and fiction (Wolf & Buffalo by R.L. King) coming soon
  • Next area/location focus for SiF: Morocco
  • Location book for San Francisco also in works
  • Technomancer e-book in process
Digital Index
  • Very much in early stages, but goal is to develop and release a comprehensive digital resource that will act as a central index for ALL SR books
  • Will be updated with each new release
Missions
  • Season 6 will remain in Chicago, but new story lines
Sprawl Gangers & Hostile Takeover (41:10)
  • Target ETA for Hostile Takeover is GTS (March 2016)
    • Game development is done…now are final production stage(s)
  • Sprawl Gangers is skirmish game / campaign component
    • Biggest hurdle has been (and remains) miniature manufacturing
      • Lessons from Leviathans was the need to understand how and doing the miniatures “yourself” vs being dependent on third parties who have no vested interest in “your’ property
      • CGL is now ramping up to “learn” plastics themselves for all properties (ST, BT, Leviathans, etc.)
    • Rules are in good shape
Q&A
  • Some “negative” feedback on e-books was that some were not searchable…LC indicated he would look into (suspect this is more about bookmarks and hyperlinks)
  • Currently working with HBS to develop a HK-based novel to support the upcoming game; separate for the HK sourcebook (part of KS campaign)
  • FASA fiction (SR & BT) – currently under mandate from Topps to go and and update/redo contracts for each book/author to address issues.
    • Looking to re-release individual novels in electronic format with “omnibus” editions in print format.
    • More than 50% of the way through, but “keystone” novels for still under negotiation
  • Poor customer service when using BattleShop
    • Some issues result of actual website design (per LC)
    • Admit that they are not yet there…need to fix
    • Will be making “another attempt to do so”

Future IP
  • In final stages of nailing down Shannara license…!!!???

LOTS of interesting stuff.  ;D

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-03-15/0810:41> »
I'm so psyched for Morocco.  I really like the idea of the SiF product line and that's a place I think lends itself to Shadowrun in so many ways.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-03-15/1533:48> »
Any word on the Hostile Takeover board game from 2014? Or is it dead.
Sorry, I replaced 1/4 of my brain with a VCR, I only speak Rigger now.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #10 on: <08-03-15/1538:27> »
I am in the Terrible Writer Place right now, waiting for people to actually have a chance to read World of Shadows and start commenting on the stories therein....

(Head It Off at the Pass Disclaimer: I'm not fishing for compliments. I genuinely want to know what people really think about my work, good or bad, at least if they can be civil about it. It's just that it's not a big deal until the book is out there...and it's out there now. And I know I shouldn't worry about reviews, but I do anyway.)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-03-15/1741:26> »
Any word on the Hostile Takeover board game from 2014? Or is it dead.

Recorded by Dave N; Shadowrun content (Jason Hardy) start as 10:15 in.

Sprawl Gangers & Hostile Takeover (41:10)
  • Target ETA for Hostile Takeover is GTS (March 2016)
    • Game development is done…now are final production stage(s)
  • Sprawl Gangers is skirmish game / campaign component
    • Biggest hurdle has been (and remains) miniature manufacturing
      • Lessons from Leviathans was the need to understand how and doing the miniatures “yourself” vs being dependent on third parties who have no vested interest in “your’ property
      • CGL is now ramping up to “learn” plastics themselves for all properties (ST, BT, Leviathans, etc.)
    • Rules are in good shape

Target ETA for Hostile Takeover is GTS (March 2016)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-03-15/1845:32> »
I am in the Terrible Writer Place right now, waiting for people to actually have a chance to read World of Shadows and start commenting on the stories therein....

(Head It Off at the Pass Disclaimer: I'm not fishing for compliments. I genuinely want to know what people really think about my work, good or bad, at least if they can be civil about it. It's just that it's not a big deal until the book is out there...and it's out there now. And I know I shouldn't worry about reviews, but I do anyway.)

Had someone bring up my one fiction piece in Chrome Flesh and squeeled.
Had soemone else a few months ago talk about my bit inDirty Tricks, and squee'd then too.

I'm far too large to be glomping people, but that might be next.

Hold me.

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-03-15/1953:18> »
Thank you AJ!

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #14 on: <08-03-15/2020:21> »
Some mention of tech books in Ebooks line if I understood it correctly.  Maybe get Cyberzombie update...HV weapon rules? 
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon