NEWS

New e-fiction: Nothing Personal

• 45 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <10-04-14/0128:10> »
The game information is in the book - is something missing?  Maybe I don't understand.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #16 on: <10-04-14/0302:35> »
Should there be more than the runners and drone?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <10-04-14/0748:00> »
Not this time. I promise next book I will put more stuff in. It wasn't clear how much people liked the crunch at time of writing, so I just put the few obvious things. Feedback has been that the crunch is very appreciated, so next one will have more.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-04-14/1709:25> »
So what is this about?

So any word on the game information document popping up soonish?

I brought it up, but CGL was in a GenCon, then a post-GenCon haze. So.. I don't know :(
I'll see what I can do

Any Updates here?

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #19 on: <10-05-14/0130:39> »
Previous rules bits from enhanced fiction were released for free in separate pdfs, same is suggested for this on the blog entry annoucing it's release
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-05-14/0144:23> »
Previous rules bits from enhanced fiction were released for free in separate pdfs, same is suggested for this on the blog entry annoucing it's release

Ahhh, that makes more sense now.  I hadn't seen that the rules portions were released for free in the past.  Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <10-05-14/0816:57> »
Is the PDF still not available? Anyone that doesn't have the stats feel free to PM me and I will send.
My Shadowrun works

Zwischenzug

« Reply #22 on: <10-05-14/1223:03> »
As far as I know, and a quick 5 minute Google search, the PDF is not available for free, no.

If you bought the book from DriveThruRPG for example, the stats are included in the PDF but not the mobi and epub as far as I know.

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <10-05-14/1628:30> »
In lieu of an official link, I've made the states publicly available from google drive. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYDFs1Woc4lNHNXc2JUemJSclU/view?usp=sharing

I believe this should work for everyone, if not let me know
My Shadowrun works

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #24 on: <10-05-14/1648:18> »
Thanks Backgammon!

Good stuff. Incidentally, what rating is the Bumblebee's Targeting Autosoft supposed to be? That recoil is going to be pretty nasty... suppressing fire would be fun though!
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Zwischenzug

« Reply #25 on: <10-05-14/1900:03> »
Backgammon
Thanks, I'm sure quite a few people who are inclined to play riggers will want to get their hands on a Bumblebee or two ;)

JackVII
Keep in mind that drones receive Recoil Compensation equal to their Body (4 in this case); additionally, since Machine Guns can take Top, Barrel, and Underbarrel Accessories you can slap on a Gas-Vent System Rating 3 and an Underbarrel Weight for a total Recoil Comp of 4+3+1 (+1 for Start of Firing) = 8 (9), which means even when firing a full 10 rounds you only impose 1 recoil penalty, which is then doubled to 2.

The biggest issue to my mind is that it's not clear if drones accrue cumulative recoil regardless of the firing mode they use, since all firing modes are complex actions for drones. This is to me the biggest issue with using drones, unless your GM agrees to a houserule of some sort.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #26 on: <10-05-14/1911:27> »
No, all firing is complex actions for Gunnery. Drones are noted to be just like humans in combat, which heavily indicates they can move and act like humans. As GM I read that as "jumped in riggers and autopilots are not limited by Complex Actions, only remote/manual is". It's a GM call, not a houserule, since RAW and RAI are unclear.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Zwischenzug

« Reply #27 on: <10-05-14/1936:18> »
Huh, interesting distinction; I had not considered that Drones wouldn't be using Gunnery for some reason.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #28 on: <10-05-14/2258:41> »
JackVII
Keep in mind that drones receive Recoil Compensation equal to their Body (4 in this case); additionally, since Machine Guns can take Top, Barrel, and Underbarrel Accessories you can slap on a Gas-Vent System Rating 3 and an Underbarrel Weight for a total Recoil Comp of 4+3+1 (+1 for Start of Firing) = 8 (9), which means even when firing a full 10 rounds you only impose 1 recoil penalty, which is then doubled to 2.
I know you've 86d your account, but I was mostly intimating that a Gas vent system of some kind should probably come equipped with the Stoner for this particular drone given the double recoil penalties. It just seems weird to have a MMG like that come on a drone with BOD (4) without something to offset it already installed.

P.S. I generally go with Complex Action regardless, as long as its mounted and using Gunnery.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-06-14/0114:50> »
Jack, don't drones count as "mounted" for the purposes of reducing the recoil penalties of firing an MMG?