NEWS

Street Grimoire is LIVE!!!

• 47 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« on: <06-30-14/2043:02> »
Bust out the foci and get ready for some serious spell-slinging, the 5th Ed magic book is available in PDF form at the usual places.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/131832/Shadowrun-Street-Grimoire  (don't see Battleshop with a link...yet)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-30-14/2103:36> »
Hard copies also up up for pre-order:

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-30-14/2142:43> »
There will be a sea of red on the second shelf of my left bookcase...
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-30-14/2349:39> »
The bundles are a nice idea but Battlecorps leaves much to be desired. DriveThroughRPG has a much better service record and customer awareness. Now if there were any way to give my LGS credit for the physical sale and bundle the pdf then I would be all over that. With the currant system of using exclusive distribution I just don't see how it could happen.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-01-14/0237:40> »
So which Shadowrun writer has been watching Grimm lately? The story Piston tells in the Dark Magic section about the baby eater sounds awfully familiar.

Well, except for the part with the legs.
« Last Edit: <07-01-14/0252:21> by Ryo »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-01-14/0731:15> »
The bundles are a nice idea but Battlecorps leaves much to be desired. DriveThroughRPG has a much better service record and customer awareness. Now if there were any way to give my LGS credit for the physical sale and bundle the pdf then I would be all over that. With the currant system of using exclusive distribution I just don't see how it could happen.

I don't use CGL for PDF sourcing anymore...for pretty much the reasons noted. I do use them, for some of these LE releases, but otherwise, physical copies come from either Amazon or FLGS.

Larsine

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-01-14/0825:19> »
It's a shame Catalyst didn't continue with their RED (Retail Electronic Delivery)
http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2009/09/25/catalyst-red/
http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2010/11/09/catalyst-game-labs-catalyst-red-update/

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-01-14/1022:21> »
RED was too much overhead for too little return. I did not shed a tear when it went away.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #8 on: <07-01-14/1053:17> »
I do love the look of that red leather binding.  I wish I could get all of the books in that.  But the wife and I are trying to move to an all-digital system to save space and frustration (mostly with moving - moving books sucks!).
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-01-14/2328:31> »
(mostly with moving - moving books sucks!).

As someone in the process of moving (including the collected Grendel series, the Knights of the Old Republic & Legacy Star Wars Comics PLUS all the CCNA books from Cisco) I feel you.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <07-01-14/2356:25> »
I recently moved myself and after getting rid of all the crap I just didn't need (which obviously would never ever include any of my books!), I literally ended up with as many boxes of books as I did all of my other belongings put together.

I can (and have) easily drop all of my unimportant junk and liv out of a single trunk for extended periods of time, but I just can't stop gathering books.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #11 on: <07-02-14/1618:14> »
I do love the look of that red leather binding.  I wish I could get all of the books in that.  But the wife and I are trying to move to an all-digital system to save space and frustration (mostly with moving - moving books sucks!).

I have that same issue.  Last couple years I've purchased WAY more PDFs than Books.  I love real books but there is just only so much space.

dhyde79

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <07-03-14/1339:33> »
so, why is it that I can go buy this in PDF only from drivethrurpg but I can't on battlecorps, the same applies for run & gun, PDF only I have to go to DTRPG, hardcopy+pff = battlecorps.....anybody have an idea?

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <07-03-14/1351:50> »
I'm really disappointed in the quality of editing on this book.

It's like this book was put together by a cut-paste savant, not a game developer. Whoever is in charge of editing SR books needs to be replaced, or if they're "too big to fire" they need to refocus on actually doing their job.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-03-14/1526:59> »
I'm really disappointed in the quality of editing on this book.

It's like this book was put together by a cut-paste savant, not a game developer. Whoever is in charge of editing SR books needs to be replaced, or if they're "too big to fire" they need to refocus on actually doing their job.

Yeah, and it's not just the rule text either. The spelling and grammar errors throughout are the worst for any 5th edition book so far. As an example of just how bad it is, there's a grammar error in the summary of the book on the back cover. Right off the bat, they start making mistakes, and nobody caught it.
« Last Edit: <07-03-14/1727:30> by Ryo »