NEWS

Into the Chaos Chapter 2 Recruitment

• 180 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <09-07-16/1701:10> »
I have about 14 dice for my unarmed and hit for 18dv. Bring it on zombies! I can literally punch their heads off!... Not saying im gonna go out of my way to do so anyway.

How good is your LOG+WIL vs. Fear effects? How about INT+WIL vs. Possession?
Because knocking the Shedim down isn't the hard part - keeping them from messing with your brain and body is where the fun begins...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #121 on: <09-07-16/1704:40> »
Ah spoilers damnit! So thats how the zombies are happening!
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <09-07-16/1710:30> »
Where else do you think they come from  ;D
talk think matrix

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #123 on: <09-07-16/1711:07> »
I didnt know but was looking forward to finding out. :(
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <09-07-16/1721:12> »
The Undead of the game are comprised of Ritually made zombies, ghouls, vampires and shedim.  With the shedim being the most difficult to handle.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #125 on: <09-07-16/1736:26> »
How hard are they to handle for a Steel Lynx fully armored and equipped with a Rocket Launcher? ;D

Not that I would do that of course, hrm.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #126 on: <09-07-16/1744:02> »
You know, Shedim can possess objects and use them as their body. Don't think the problem is solved just because you shot their meat puppet. The drone that returns to you might suddenly not be as easily controlled as before...
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <09-07-16/1829:00> »
Gilga while you are around I have some questionq. I am building a Rigger because I would like to expand the option of the team and I thought of using a Renraku Jardinero as a 'spy' drone. The idea is that most corp probably use some of them as cleaner so I paint mine the right color (or use Chameleon Coating for that) and infiltrate it into the building to spy around. My questions are :
  • Would it be usable? If in your scenario no or few buildings use cleaning drones it's a bit pointless
  • What skill + attribute would I use to not be spotted? A simple disguise? I also thought of Logic + Etiquette since the drone might look a bit out of place.
  • Would it be possible to have a hidden Drone Arm? Even a weak one. Weapon Mount have a Pop-out option that add 1 MP and cost 100xMP could I use that on an Arm?

Cleaning drones are very common, I doubt that people actually clean themselves in SR. Once you put there a weapon though it gets more dangerous. The problem is not physical observers, if you use the right kind of drone they'll just ignore it. Matrix observers may notice that the drone is not part of the cleaning application or something like that. I might require a few rolls of hacking/edit file in order to add that drone into the approved cleaning crew of a building.

(not the most secured system in the building, but still a system with central management - that is going to issue instructions for the new drone if it is fooled to think that it is a new addition to its network.)

Without fooling the matrix, you'll eventually be discovered (well risk of discovery is everything, but if you actually have your drone sleaze its way into the building - then you can just leave it there for a long time.).

Okay about arm and weapon, just remember that the less standard the drone the less sneaky it is.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #128 on: <09-07-16/1908:00> »
@Jack_Spade

In Street Grimoire Shedim have Possession (Dead or Abandonned Vessels), I don't think a drone apply. Even if it does the Possession has to roll against the Object Resistance which is 15+ for Drones. It better be a high Force Shedim!

Anyway if you destroy the vessel wouldn't the Shedim get disrupted? Unless he has time to switch body before that happen but a Rocket can easily be a one hit kill.

@gilga

Thanks for the answers. My Rigger will have some Hacking skill as well so Edit File is definitely doable. I don't want a weapon on that Drone but I want a hidden arm. It's still possible to detect of course with a Perception test threshold 4 but who is gonna examine some cleaning drone from too close?
« Last Edit: <09-07-16/1909:34> by Kuirem »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #129 on: <09-07-16/1959:18> »
got rid of the day job but now I have 13 Karma to spends.  Any suggestions?  I could maybe get rid of the National SIN but I think I'd rather have the Karma, I just don't know what to spend it on.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #130 on: <09-08-16/0031:12> »
@Sttutrboy

Drop National SIN and pick up a 1 point of Arcana and maybe the the Quick Healer quality.  +2 to all Healing and Recovery tests will never go bad.

@Ennui

APDS Rounds for your shotgun.  Nonconductivity and Fire Resistance mods on your Argentum Coat.  Get rid of your Ballistic Mask and get a custom one instead thats fitted with a gas mask and Chemical Protection.

You have the agility to comfortably default while using grenades.  Buy a few flash-bangs and High-explosive.  Maybe some frag grenades instead in case the High-explosive end being too expensive.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #131 on: <09-08-16/0126:56> »
How good is your LOG+WIL vs. Fear effects? How about INT+WIL vs. Possession?

No no, low mental stats are good. How am I going to mess with them if they raise those stats!?
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #132 on: <09-08-16/0153:33> »
@Stuttrboy

If you have leftover karma and you are not sure where to spend it buy some Contacts. Chargen is the only moment you can acquire contacts that easily so it is one of the most valuable expense of karma. You can increase Loyalty/Connection of your current contacts or get new one

You could also lower your In Debt to make your life easier later (Pick Muscle Toner in Used will free some Nuyen while staying at 6 Essence).

Finally you can pick some skills at 1 with Karma. Running and Swimming are good for that with your STR you will get to throw 8 dice. Palming and Escape Artist are also worth considering. Pilot Ground Craft if you don't want to crash your Mirage as soon as you accelerate.

@Ennui

I still strongly recommend a Boosted Reflexes. That's compatible with Drugs and the problem with initiative Drugs is that you either need to go to Jazz or Kamikaze which have high Addiction and don't last super long or with Cram which will only gives you +1 + 1D6 initiative and it takes 10 minutes to kick in. Else go with Mulcarn suggestions.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <09-08-16/0207:40> »
Well with Drug resistant and pharmaceutical drugs they are at -4 addiction rating right.  Are you saying that jazz and kamikaze can add initiative dice to the boosted reflexes or are you saying I should just take different drugs instead?  I was considering customized drugs.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <09-08-16/0738:37> »
I say that Jazz and Kamikaze can stack with the Boosted Reflexes, yes. All Initiative augmenting tech and magic are compatible with Drugs with the notable exception of Synaptic Booster.

Cram is a good alternative to Jazz but you need to take it before the trouble because of the 10 minutes speed. It last for a long time though so a single Cram is often enough for a full run. It's also pretty much impossible to become addicted to Cram so it does wonders with the Narco augmentation. Oh and it's dirt cheap, 10¥ per dose while Pharmaceutic Jazz at 150¥ can quickly make a hole in your budget. Customized Drugs since the base cost is minimum 95 or 115 for an Initiative one.

Jazz and Kamikaze are fine if you use them sporadically (e.g. in a surprise fight) but then it means that you are running on a low 6 + 1d6 initiative most of the time.