NEWS

Should i enforce alpha and beta augmentations?

• 16 Replies

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-09-16/0347:23> »
Honestly, I would let them roll the Availability test, unless they have a fixer with a decent connection rating (although going through a middle man will jack the price up even more).  You could make them do some legwork to find a Delta clinic, but first, let me ask you something.  When an awakened character initiates, do you make them scour the sprawl trying to find the secret group or reclusive teacher who can instruct them in whatever metamagic they want to learn, or do you just handwave it as part of downtime, so you can play the adventure, rather than wasting everyone's limited gaming time playing out some tedious legwork?  If you cut them a break, cut the sammies a break, too.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-09-16/0357:47> »
Except that initiation doesn't require a teacher or some secret group to be found in order to learn metamagics. Initiating as part of a group or getting special instruction is optional and gives a discount on the costs of initiation. I always make a player go through the process of finding these if they want to gain the associated advantage, so yeah, delta clinics take more work too.