NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #270 on: <09-24-14/1913:49> »
Wholeheartedly agree with the separating the IC and OOC mindsets!!!

Thing is, standing down from a confrontation with the Ancients is fully IC. In fact, if you'll look at the post timestamps, you'll see that Al's cautionary text about Ancients was typed exactly at the same moment Aria was typing the big GM-OOC update. I was just guessing based on previous knowledge test (which was mostly well-known to any Seattle runner and SR player anyway).
And based on that hunch, Al spoke IC to the team.
Slowing things down makes good tactical sense both IC and OOC.

I tend to agree there. As much as I love posting on these, I think it's probably best if we wait a day or two for Aria to be able to post something in IC or OOC. Actually, I might modify my post I just made to start up some sort of matrix conversation with the rest of you while Luz is out there trying to talk to them.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #271 on: <09-24-14/1914:23> »
@CT
I think folks got a bit itchy to finally do something :)  As posted in IC, BT is ready to roll, but not actively doing anything to them.  Hell, the sprite can even help fix the bikes.

As for aggression and such, I think we've got at least a decent chance of talking our way out of it.  No shots were fired, and they don't know we bricked their bike.  All they know is that two of their bikes has mechanical failures at the same time.  Odd, but not unheard of (I speak from experience on my last trip I was taking).
BT can come out and talk, but even though he's a Face, being a suited Troll isn't likely to be the best person to talk to the Elven Gangers ;)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #272 on: <09-24-14/1917:14> »
@CT

I don't think we've been told yet what the noise level is. Barrens usually start at 2, but with the ash, I could see it being a little higher given that precipitation/foliage/dirt can increase noise. I also don't know if we ever knew how far away the bikes were. I'd guess more than 100 meters, which adds another point of noise to the environment.

I'm good with moving forward and resolving this situation however it happens. I'm just not used to games where player agency can be usurped like that. Based on action economy, it's basically the same thing as if 8-bit had posted that he fired four times, killing four riders, before any of us were able to act. Granted, Morgan's actions are a lot more discrete, but Al's warning would have at least come before Morgan would have made a Matrix Perception check. I'm all for RPing, but I think if anyone who is running in Seattle gets word that the approaching party might very well be the Ancients, I think they might hold off.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1925:01> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #273 on: <09-24-14/1918:41> »
Hell, the sprite can even help fix the bikes.
Don't even ask, just go ahead and do it. If they're still pissed, we can shoot them or whatever just the same.

As for aggression and such, I think we've got at least a decent chance of talking our way out of it.  No shots were fired, and they don't know we bricked their bike.  All they know is that two of their bikes has mechanical failures at the same time.  Odd, but not unheard of (I speak from experience on my last trip I was taking).
BT can come out and talk, but even though he's a Face, being a suited Troll isn't likely to be the best person to talk to the Elven Gangers ;)

Well you can use the commlink to assist in my Intimidation/Con/Etiquette roll. Just pipe up in IC and put out some pointers.
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1921:44> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #274 on: <09-24-14/1923:07> »
I'm good with moving forward and resolving this situation however it happens. I'm just not used to games where player agency can be usurped like that. Based on action economy, it's basically the same thing as if 8-bit had posted that he fired four times, killing four riders, before any of us were able to act. Granted, Morgan's actions are a lot more discrete, but Al's warning would have at least come before Morgan would have made a Matrix Perception check. I'm all for RPing, but I think if anyone who is running in Seattle gets word that the approaching party might very well be the Ancients, I think they might hold off.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

One of the drawbacks of PbP. I think if we resolved all of this stuff (Morgan saying that he's going to launch IC etc) and me taking aim and stuff outside of the initative order. After all, each Combat Turn is only 3 seconds. Morgan would have had plenty of time to do his stuff while I set up. When Al's message comes in, I'm still taking aim, but Morgan has had like 12 seconds to prepare for stuff.

Anyways, about to edit my IC post with starting up a tactics conversation with everyone. Even if it's just who shoots who so that we can have a chance of saving Luz if everything goes to hell.

Edit: Edited my IC post, now we can have some sort of discussion. I hope I am not taking too great of liberties in saying that I can outline both groups and their weapons in an ARO from my vantage point.
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1929:58> by 8-bit »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #275 on: <09-25-14/0034:59> »
@CT

If we're thinking about repairing the bikes, I have a hardware kit in the chopper. My dice pool is only LOG (3) + Hardware (5), but I think we technically only need to repair one box of matrix damage to get each bike running again, so any net hits can reduce the time (normally an hour).  If someone has a better pool, they're welcome to borrow the tools as needed. Harrier would really prefer not to be involved with the repairs, but will if there isn't another alternative.
« Last Edit: <09-25-14/0037:25> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #276 on: <09-25-14/0046:44> »
The sprite can help a lot.  He's got the diagnostics power.  Would be nice to have you up in the air if we can get someone else to do the hands on.  Either that or I think the sprite can actually do the repairs, but I need to know how many tasks he has.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #277 on: <09-25-14/0058:38> »
@CT

I don't think the sprite can repair it itself, but diagnostics would definitely help out as part of a teamwork test.

From what I can tell, the following people can repair the bikes:
BitTorrent (9 Dice)
Morgan (11 Dice)
Harrier (8 Dice)

The other characters either don't have the Hardware skill or don't have sheets posted. I think I'm the only one with a hardware kit.

"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #278 on: <09-25-14/0115:10> »
Even if I could default the test (which I can't) I would be working with 1 die. Not very useful. So, I can't help here.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #279 on: <09-25-14/0120:18> »
@CT
Don't think Morgan would do the repairs (though maybe we should make him 😜), BT seems like the next best bet.  Let's wait for action to catch up here, and the next thing I'll have BT do is excuse himself once more and head out side.  He's pretty tough so can handle it if the bullets starts flying.  Gonna wait for a few more responses IC before I commit to anything though.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #280 on: <09-25-14/0815:41> »
So, to summarize, we attacked first without identifying, we made them more hostile to us than they would be before, they are moderately well armed, pissed off, and moving towards us. Oh, and we have circus people we are supposed to protect between us and them. Did I miss anything? Oh, yes, one last thing. The gang they are a part of is just about enormous.

Maybe we should have thought this out slightly...
Talk about self fulfilling prophecy :D  you're sent to guard against a threat, see a threat and attack, now the threat is bigger than before  ;D

In theory timing is everything but in this case I think you've all handled it nicely!  Morgan launched an attack but there aren't any bullets whanging about yet so Luz can probably pull you fat out of the fire...although a nice elven face might be appropriate to anyone who is out there lurking  :o  ...as I've said recently to my DS players I'm much more interested in the story and getting people to post than I am about strict adherence to the initiative phases, as long as it doesn't get too out of whack...

Maybe you can persuade the Ancients that ash got in their bikes  ???

IC coming soon
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #281 on: <09-25-14/0946:23> »
It can turn into a bigger threat or we can turn them into assets by fixing their stuff.

ETA: Intimidation is Luz's best social skill but probably the wrong track to take with these guys. Should I risk a Negotiaton/Con/Etiquette Edged roll at -3 less dice? Unless Aria wants to do solid roleplay rather than rollplay.
« Last Edit: <09-25-14/0953:26> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #282 on: <09-25-14/0952:24> »
Hoi Chummers!

I hope to join you soon. Right now I am checking on the character with Aria, as soon as he is approved, I can jump in.
As you are lacking a silver tongue, I will add a Face to the group. But don't expect me to end a war with the Ancients by talking alone ;)

Hopefully see you soon
S.Miles

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #283 on: <09-25-14/1041:38> »
BT can help out on the con/neg roll with leadership.

8-bit

« Reply #284 on: <09-25-14/1106:20> »
It can turn into a bigger threat or we can turn them into assets by fixing their stuff.

ETA: Intimidation is Luz's best social skill but probably the wrong track to take with these guys. Should I risk a Negotiaton/Con/Etiquette Edged roll at -3 less dice? Unless Aria wants to do solid roleplay rather than rollplay.

What are you rolling for it? I certainly don't think that Intimidation is the best here. Although maybe start out slightly hostile and then transition towards helping if they seem to not want to cause trouble. Of course, that could just make things worse... I would say (especially since Aria goes more with roleplaying from what I've seen than rollplaying) you should risk the Edged roll at 3 less dice.