NEWS

[5e IC] Storm Force Whisper [2076 Game Thread]

• 295 Replies

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <03-14-17/0042:06> »
Deckard and ISaint shared a good laugh and it was good to be able to do so. For sure the run was going to get more serious, but the team had yet to really brief on the challenges they will really be facing.

While Robyn read, Deckard got busy digging into the bag he had checked in at the airport and take out the various pieces of his Ruger Super Warhawk. He reassembled them easily thanks to the incorporated mechanical breakdown the gun had been enhanced with, and made sure it was all working fine. The weapon - a gift from his dad - was his most prized possession. Though not the most talented shooter around, he had trained for many years with it. And though he could knock down a man with a simple blast of kinetic energy, the gun had the ability to install instant fear or cautious in those on the opposite side of the barrel. Deckard loved just feeling the weight of the weapons in his coat's holster; like a reassuring presence. Almost knowing his dad was by his side in every run.

The uneventful ride brought them to some private pier. He tried to not make a full of himself disembarking - he could be quite clumsy sometimes - and let the old marina guy assist Robyn out of the boat - though he knew she needed none.

The Mage greeted Al and the Tribe business man.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <03-14-17/0153:54> »
Robyn looks up from the book and faces in ISaint's direction. "I learned Braille shortly after I was blinded and I find that it is useful to keep my hand in, so to speak.  Actually, Pride and Prejudice is my favorite story ever and I could recite it from memory, but this particular book was made especially for me by a man I admired very much.  I read it by Braille more to hear his voice in my mind than for any other reason.  I can try to teach you some Braille if you like, when we are finished here.  I was just thinking on the plane coming over here with Rick that we might try to have a party or something after.  Provided we have time, that is.  I am glad that Iris and Jackhammer will be cared for.  Is there any good news on their prognosis?"

Robyn is equally happy to talk to either man or read her book.  The trip is short and God has seen fir to have her arrive safely.  Of course, she had doubled the odds by praying to the Loa totem around her neck as a sort of extra insurance.  Her sensors pick up Al waiting for the boat before it docks and she smiles as her insides turn over just knowing that he is here.  Still, it is business, not pleasure, and she manages to wave at him as a man helps her disembark instead of racing up to hi.  She puts the book away and takes up her garment bag and overnighter in one hand and her medkit in the other and walks up the pier.  "Hello, Al.  I missed you."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <03-14-17/0900:24> »
Isaint nodded and replied: "Certainly.
Irris and Jackhammer... there is no way to tell if or when they come out of there state. Jackhammer is still screaming in his sleep and otherwise delusional. Irris is catatonic. Pater Thomas said it could take years just as likely as they could snap out of it from one moment to the other. But there is no way of knowing if they'll ever come back. Despite all our knowledge, the mind is still a deep mystery."

When the boat had finally reached it's destination, Isaint made sure to unload it quickly and sent it on its way.
But not before he greeted Al with a firm handshake. "Hi Al, you look... well, I wanted to say good, but it looks like you pulled an all-nighter. But I see you have put the funds to good use.
Mind giving us a tour? We can move the gear inside and I can dig out the keg so you don't die of thrist."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #93 on: <03-14-17/0911:24> »
"Well, they ain't no percentage in that, though I'll allow it's natural," he replied to Robyn. "But I am always glad ta see ya." He then greeted Rick and Isaint, and turned to indicate Flannery. The guy had taken good care of him, and clearly was interested in all the shadow connections he could get.

"Keg sounds good, though thanks ta this here feller I ain't lacked fer refreshment. Gentlemen, lady," he began, leaving it to his co-workers to mention their names if they wished, "This here's Winslow Flannery." He used the man's public name. "He's been kind enough to let me use his facilities last coupla days, so it's thanks ta him our bird's all ready ta go. Hell, soon's we git 'er loaded we can be floats up."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <03-14-17/1722:45> »
"Pleased to meet you Mr. Flannery. My name's Isaint, at your service."

Turning to the supplies he said: "Well, no time like the present, excuse me."
Isaint bent at the knees, gripped the pallet at both sides and began to heave, slowly and carefully, changing his grip and carrying it overhead towards the plane.
For Rick it was quite obvious that Isaint had once again used levitation, but it kind of looked impressive if a bit unrealistic - especially as Isaint began to stop walking after a bit and instead hung under the pallet, dragging his feet.

talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <03-14-17/2359:25> »
Robyn shakes her head at ISaint's show of prodigious strength.  Falling in beside Al, she asks, "How have you been?"

adamu

« Reply #96 on: <03-15-17/0559:27> »
"Better'n I've any right ta be," Al answered. "Done a lot o' work onna Ferrari. Don't reckon ya seen that one yet."

Situated hard on the marina, their little group came almost immediately to the large sea hangar Al had been using. A quick comm command and the cargo doors rolled up, allowing them to transit their cargo in smoothly. Inside, a cement ramp sloped down one edge of the space directly to a broad, heavy gangplank connecting to the Catalina's wide side doors.

The plane was a large four-engine prop, light in the water at the moment. It was either pale blue, gray, or sea green, depending on how the light caught it before hitting the naked eye - the coatings Al had used defied a static color scheme. Ushering them inside, they walked through the spartan aft cargo space and forward into the equally bare-bones and much smaller passenger compartment, which was just behind the cockpit. The place was all hard and functional - corrugated aluminum alloy flooring with no other interior finish, the space enclosed by the fiberglass hull, adorned only by squarish HVAC ducts and heavy bundles of wiring stapled into place. There had once been plasboard walls, but Al had had to cut it all away to install the exit ports for the four ejection seats that now filled the space, two on each side.

Al quickly ran everyone through the ejection seats - securing, triggering, and water deployment - then went on back to make sure the loads were properly tied down.

"So we waitin' fer Silky, or she gittin' there on 'er own?"

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <03-15-17/0859:21> »
[Saturday September 12th, 2076; Hat Island, Pugget Sound]

Silk exulted in the feel of the nimble high tech craft under her as she bounced through the waves in the sealed bubble of the Wave Strider.  She appreciated the irony of using the target’s own inventions against them…

She was travelling light, intending to pick up additional equipment as needed in Tonga.  One bag contained a couple of changes of summery clothes and her deck, the other some assorted electronics, her staff and the matched pair of machine pistols.  The latter had been rearmed with shock rounds and a cocktail of narc and dmso rounds rather than the normal armour piercing sabots.  Finally she was wearing her stealth suit, the masking electronics currently deactivated.

She messaged the team to warn them of her arrival

<<Sorry I’ve been out of touch, some last minute things had to be resolved…I’ll be with you in ten minutes. S. >>

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <03-15-17/2251:41> »
Saturday September 12th, 2076; Hat Island, Pugget Sound

Robyn makes sure that she knows where the buttons are then stows her garment bag and overnighter where All shows her to.  "Oh, Al.  I brought several cartons of fags with me.  I was not sure if you had been able to restock out here."

She looks around.  "Are we taking off as soon as Silk gets here?  If so, I think I need to use the loo before we take off.  Did you leave one on this thing while you were ripping things out?"

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <03-15-17/2306:52> »
Deckard was looking at the plane in awe, not because it was a particularly fancy plane, on the contrary, but because it was theirs to use! Al had kindly returned Rick's money. If the other had put a lot of money into it, it would make sense that Al would end up the owner of the ship. Deckard was very fine with that. He trusted his teammates

The inside of the plane was calling for a tough few days. It was certainly not the BA First class Robyn had treated him with. He threw his duffel bag into one of the seat, and helped securing the rest of the cargo.

So, Al. We've all been wondering... What's going to be her name?
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <03-16-17/0736:39> »
Isaint looked around the interior and nodded appreciatively. Say what you want about Al, but the guy knows how to build - and fast at that.

To Robyn he said: "The washroom, or Head as it's called, is back there. Toilet paper is in the small container over there with the other hygiene articles. Use it sparingly. Doing plumber work two kilometers up in the air is no fun at all, or so I've heard."

When Silk finally arrived, he grinned: "Nice to finally meet you in person. Maybe we can get your water moped in too. Could be quite useful to have available."
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #101 on: <03-16-17/0830:46> »
Al thanked Alyce warmly for he cigarettes, then answered Rick. "Don't usually christen 'em till they survive they shakeout run, but Snakehandler'll do, less anyone else's got an idear."

He called back: "Silky baby, glad ya can make it. I was about ta git onna horn an' call ya." He was laughing at his own words as he went into the cockpit and started firing the bird up. Headphones on, he called back on the intercom, "Secure the hatch. Floats up in five. We got a long trip ahead."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <03-16-17/1006:20> »
Robyn laughs at ISaint's remark. "Not to worry.  I will be careful." She uses the bathroom in the hanger then returns to the aircraft and sits in a seat.  She buckles in and pulls out her book.

adamu

« Reply #103 on: <03-16-17/1043:34> »
Al hit the remote on the hangar doors, nudged the throttle, and felt the weight of the plane surge inexorably toward the open water. It was a great feeling, better than he'd imagined, and certainly superior to anything his brothers' simulator had offered.

Once outside, there were two lines of orange buoys marking the 'runway' and he made for those. The take-off went without a hitch, and even before he reached altitude he was adjusting his course for the free-transit route out of the Sound that Flannery had given him. He'd checked the weather earlier, and nothing had changed.

Inside the plane, it was surprising quiet, as the sound baffles he'd installed worked both ways. Still, it was fun to play captain, and he keyed the intercom again: "Feel free ta move about the cabin. I'll remind y'all that this is a smoking flight, and any attempt ta deactivate anyone's cigarettes is a violation of natural law. Other'n that, enjoy the flight.  An' how 'bout that take off, hey, kemo sabes? Pretty good fer a first try, hey?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <03-16-17/1822:10> »
"Good job, but I'll keep the final verdict for when we land again." Isaint had taken place on the co-pilot seat and had logged on the pilot system. Over the intercom he said: <<Alright folks, flight plan is delivered, next stop Hawaii - have a boring flight everyone.>>

That done, Isaint leaned back to watch the plane gain altitude, stretching out in the generous room the aircraft provided.
"Jepp, that's the way to travel alright. Al if you need some shut eye, me and the autopilot can look after things here. I'm sure Robyn can't wait for you to lay down your head in her lap so she can braid your hair." Isaint said with only the mildest trace of mockery in his voice.

talk think matrix