NEWS

Dragon*Con

• 36 Replies

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #15 on: <09-06-10/1813:42> »
No paradoxes though!

Once we get back they will only exist in your mind don't think about them!
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-06-10/2220:06> »
I know a couple of people who would actually pay money to post zingers regarding things in my mind!  ;D
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-06-10/2222:32> »
On a more serious note though...

I have wondered if wandering around conventions with hd video camera, doing a walking tour of the convention and impromptu interviews would be content that people would like to see on a website? I am not talking about pay content, free stuff mind you.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #18 on: <09-06-10/2245:47> »
Actually, there's already a fair number of things like this that pop up on Youtube.

I've actually wanted to do something along these lines myself, I just don;t have a camera to do it right now.  One thing to make note of though, get permission from the booths and stuff.  I know I've had a couple booths where the owners asked me not to take pictures...  Generally the "craft" booths (A boot place a couple years ago, and a ren-faire costume type booth, both said something about not wanting photos of some of their designs posted online, or some such).

Bull

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-06-10/2311:03> »
Good advice, I have some standard release forms that I carry in my gear bag for people to sign.

It does strike me as odd that more conventions are not using videos to push their conventions. You can use webtv to host your videos/tv shows and then link them to your websites, blogs, or Facebook pages. There are a couple of game stores that have made very good use of YouTube, MiniWarGaming out of Ontario, Canada puts up some great how-to clips. They have something like 32,000 subscribers!!!

It is a brave new world and people are either going to keep up with the pack or get trampled! Wooohaaahaaaa!  ;D

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #20 on: <09-07-10/0603:09> »
Hey come to Megacon and tape maybe we can get more people to come and make it bigger so I can Drag Bull and the rest of Catalyst down here once it's gets big enough.

(for the record they have an annual attendance of 30k+ uniques vistors a year)
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #21 on: <09-07-10/1420:57> »
I would love to make it down, Cas.  I know a few people down that way who are (or at least were) involved in Megacon at some point.  It's mostly a matter of finances on my end.  But i'd seriously like to see if we could do more events at these cons regardless.   Like I told you before, I'll hit you up soonish and we'll see what we can do.  I'll also have you get in touch with our con support guys, and see what we can put together.

Bull

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-07-10/1523:40> »
Yeah, its only a 20 hour drive.  :-\

Still, it looks like you have some cool guests for 2011.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #23 on: <09-07-10/1726:38> »
I would love to make it down, Cas.  I know a few people down that way who are (or at least were) involved in Megacon at some point.  It's mostly a matter of finances on my end.  But i'd seriously like to see if we could do more events at these cons regardless.   Like I told you before, I'll hit you up soonish and we'll see what we can do.  I'll also have you get in touch with our con support guys, and see what we can put together.

Bull

The big thing I'm trying to do know is get players built up I have good slots and bad slots (sadly).

Yes to beat the dead horse yet again (it's not tender enough yet  ;) ) some of it is due to the slow down in the releases BUT!! as stated I get it things happened changes were made life does that moveing on.

An YES some of it is my being the only one running games I need to get more GMs as well as players
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #24 on: <09-07-10/1729:11> »
Yeah, its only a 20 hour drive.  :-\

Still, it looks like you have some cool guests for 2011.

Yeah Saturday will be a mad house Shatner draws a massive crowd it was beyound insane last time he came down here too although that last trip he came with Nemoy
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-07-10/1804:10> »
Now...get Claudia Black or Julia Benson as a guest and how can I say no?

Is there much in the way of gaming that goes on at Megacon?

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #26 on: <09-07-10/1818:31> »
The site is slowly gearing up the gameing but yeah there is a ton of D&D in one dual sized room and then the smaller games get a room or 2 depending on how many show up we usually have 4 to 6 of the indepndants show besides me.

I'm pretty much a staple as are the guys from Shroud of the Anchients last year we had a guy try to run Rifts (that died fast) so he played Shadowrun lol and last year we had Alpha Omega which was run by Bitrunner the man who ran Virtual Seattle then started and run Missions seasons 00 and 01.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-07-10/2312:10> »
     Ok, I think enough recovery time has passed and I can post.  Had a blast as usual this year at D Con.  Played with a lot of the same people.  Played with some new people too.  I discovered one player who had been playing at the last several D Cons but no one had talked to him about his character or helped the new comer in any way to improve his character.  I think I and one other person were the first to try and take an interest in him.  I hope this doesn't happen often.  Newcomers need our help to stay interested and not feel left out.     

That being said, man the CMPs were nice. A few flaws but for the most part lots of fun.  The only flaws we noticed were some missing rewards and an issue with scaling up.  Our team decided to be brave (read insane, nutty, crazy, ect) and try to create characters that with zero karma could run table rating 6.  I think we are proud to have all survived the experience. It also reinforced to me the hope of retirement not being at 100 Karma.  I am almost halfway there just playing CMPs with the new character.  And I didn't get to do all the CMP's.  I would hate to retire a character after one season. 

Suffice it to say, the experience was one I am glad to have been a part of.  The CMPs were fun and challenging.  And I liked the fact that there were more thought puzzles to deal with this time around.  And it was wonderful that the magical threat was taken more into consideration.  We had some nice opposition on that front. 

The only season 03 I got to do was 12 Elevator Ride to Hell.  I do not know how to do the spoiler thing so my only comment about mission 12 Elevator ride to hell is this. . .  I had the same problem with the beginning of it that I did with the beginning of Something Completely Different.  No runner with any skill would find themselves in that situation.  And if they did they would not have been going up against such poor opposition afterwords. 

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #28 on: <09-07-10/2325:17> »
Awesome.  Brent's a good guy.  Hopefully he's having a good time!
Yes! I can tell you now Brent and Loren and well all the booth staff had a Very good time. Me and TranKirsa managed to get them in the Yearly "Con Guests" private party again, many drinks were had and much shoomzin was done!

Not so many Pics this year Bull, we were busy playing all the CMP's and the last 2 missions I needed. Gratz btw on those CMP's, you guys did a very good job on them. As TranKira said we went brave this year and in a few spots we were Actually worried. You made the Dragon Con Prime Runners Work for it this year! Thank you!
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #29 on: <09-07-10/2327:50> »
The only season 03 I got to do was 12 Elevator Ride to Hell.  I do not know how to do the spoiler thing so my only comment about mission 12 Elevator ride to hell is this. . .  I had the same problem with the beginning of it that I did with the beginning of Something Completely Different.  No runner with any skill would find themselves in that situation.  And if they did they would not have been going up against such poor opposition afterwords. 

Preach it, bro.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal