Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

Forbidden Arcana Errata

<< < (2/15) > >>

Ogrepot:
Ok i just finished reading Forbidden Arcana:

-The Aware has 1 skill, i guess Assenssing or Astral Combat, since Astral Perception makes him dual.
-We need the points for the Karma buy and Life Modules (in my campaigns i always use life modules)
-I like the return of the "Apprentice" though
-I like the qualities also

Jack_Spade:
Don't know if it was intentional or if it's a mistake, but

BAREHANDED ADEPT

allows a physical adept to cast a number of touch spells through their unarmed combat skill, without specifying that they need to be combat spells. If it was intentional this is a phenomenal ability, otherwise likely not worth the trouble with all the restrictions (Double Drain, max Force Magic/3)

Jack_Spade:
Another one:

Harmonious Defense states " Note that whenever an adept uses harmonious defense, they automatically begin perceiving astrally."

Bearing in mind that adepts usually have to purchase the ability to astrally perceive, this reads as if getting this meta magic also gives you an ability worth a power point.

Edit:
Claw and Barrage spell are useless as written:
Claw has +3 and Barrage +4 more drain than a comparable elemental indirect damage spell, yet its only feature is two points less damage and four more AP.
Guess what: Casting a Fireball at 4 more Force will have the same AP and Drain but doesn't lose two points of damage and also gives a nice secondary effect.

Reshy:

This power can be exploited for indefinite regeneration by taking a point of magic damage, and then not resting to regain physical damage boxes.  Still can spellcast till your stun boxes are full, and then rest an hour at a time till you get them back.  This means however that since you won't ever recover that 1 physical box, you have indefinite regeneration, because regeneration by definition cannot heal magically inflicted damage.  Aside from that, I don't know if the power is effective enough working as intended, but I'd have to check through play.

This ability allows you to detect qualities that they really ought not to, from things like whether or not you have a SIN, to if you have friends in high places, to alibi, etc.  It also removes all the possible surprise from Drakes, Infected, Blood Mages, Toxic Mages, etc. because you can just see if they have whichever traits associated with those (Drake or infected qualities, blood magic metamagics, etc.).  Honestly, I don't believe it should be able to see qualities or what specific metamagics a person knows, that'd make it too powerful and impossible to surprise someone with this quality.

&#24525;:
What's the Mentor Table for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version