NEWS

Gen Con: A Cross Country Theft

• 6 Replies

Sartredes

• Newb
« on: <05-19-15/1031:26> »
So I'm trying something new this year and I got a ticket to this 2-night event at Gen Con this year. What should I expect? I understand that we'll get pre-gens, but beyond that I'm unclear. How are players assembled into teams? Is the second night only for a subset of the players from the first night, or do all teams play both nights?
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/1308:34> by Sartredes »

Pixie

« Reply #1 on: <05-19-15/1258:45> »
I was not expecting this question based on the thread title.  Perhaps something like "GenCon Questions" would be more accurate.  :P

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <05-19-15/1921:16> »
Is this the tournament?  THat's not a Missions event, so going to move this over to the Conventions sub-forum.

Sartredes

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-20-15/0809:17> »
Yes. It is the tournament. Wasn't really sure where these questions were best posted. Thanks.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-20-15/1623:08> »
Hope this will answer all your questions...or at least these:

If you do not have a group of seven, you'll be seated at one of the tables with open seats to make your team.  I've seen postings before asking for interested parties to join teams when there are less than 7 in a group.

All teams play both nights.  Each night is scored separately with a different GM each night.  The final scores are calculated after the second night and results posted the next day (Saturday) at the CDT RGP HQ.  The tournament lead will let y'all know when you can come to HQ to see the results and receive your awards if you're one of the winning teams.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Sartredes

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-20-15/2149:23> »
Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #6 on: <06-17-15/0441:32> »
Having played the last few years I can say this, going without a full group and a plan scoring will not be kind to you. the time it takes to gel as a group is a major hindrance. That said this is one of the few events I snagged tickets for because I like a chance to play non-missions Shadowrun from time to time.
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.