NEWS

One of my favourite Shadowrun resources

• 3 Replies

Magnaric

• Chummer
« on: <08-17-13/0922:59> »
So, this could technically go in the General section I guess, since it has a lot of tips on being a better player as well, but yeah, written by a GM so figured I'd toss it here first.

When I was first reading up in Shadowrun a few months ago(hadn't played in about 5 years), I discovered an old blog by a guy called Blackjack. Some of you probably have read his stuff before, but figured I'd link it here anyways for those that haven't. It's written back when 2E was the main system(I think), and so some of the rules are a little antiquated. However, it's still some of the best-written and insightful commentary on the game, world, system, rules, and aspects of being a better GM, player, and roleplayer in general.

There's a fair number of topics available to read, but it's worth it. I like to think it made me a better gamer.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011224233544/archive.dumpshock.com/bjcorner/index.php3
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Corvus853

• Newb
  • Do or do not there is no try.
« Reply #1 on: <08-18-13/1716:16> »
thx that is a cool site.

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #2 on: <08-19-13/0852:23> »
Thanks for the link, but for my taste some of the articles are quite... controversial. This guy outright states that the GM's aim is to try to kill the PCs. I am not sure if I'm comfortable with that.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <08-19-13/0933:24> »
True, you have to take it with a grain of salt. He is definitely the type of GM that comes from an earlier mindset, where it's a bit of GM vs Player mentality. In all fairness though, Gygax was also very like that when D&D started, and the game has mellowed a touch since then. The same goes for Shadowrun.

But yeah, a lot of the info on details and forethought before character action and such is invaluable.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp