NEWS

Rook (ongoing)

• 56 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #30 on: <03-29-12/1641:41> »
Good to hear, hope it get's released for those of us who can't make it to the cons.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #31 on: <03-30-12/1628:18> »
^ What he/she/it said!

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #32 on: <08-04-12/1932:19> »
Shameless plug:

For those who've enjoyed reading these Rook stories (or anything else of mine that touches on the Tir and/or the Ancients, which is kind of "most of it"), I'm pleased to finally be able to announce that Elven Blood, a five-Mission bundle of adventures (including Ancient Pawns, from last year, but four brand new ones all set in the Tir), is going into semi-limited release.  A small print run will be available at GenCon, and pdfs will be available later this year (ince we're done actively running them for this convention season).

Here's the back-cover blurb, straight from the Bull's mouth:

BLOOD WILL OUT

Shadowrunners have a lot of rules, and each and every one of them can be overruled by the proper amount of nuyen. So when shadowrunners talk about “never trusting an elf,” that’s more of a bargaining position than anything else.

Luckily for them, some elves have plenty of scratch they can use as a persuasive tool. And for the tasks they have in front of them, they’re going to need it. There’s money waiting for runners if they’re willing to venture into elven territory and take on a host of odd jobs. Jobs like: Tracking down reagents from cranky critters. Messing around in the affairs of Tír royalty. Dealing with a number of different punks and thugs, none of whom like you. And intervening in a leadership challenge of the most powerful elven street gang there is.

Elven Blood is a compilation of five different Missions that have been written to premiere at summer conventions. They can, however, be played by anyone. Whether you’re playing at a con, in a game store, or in the comfort of your own home, Elven Blood has an adventure for you. Taking you from the mean streets of Seattle to the wild lands of Tír Tairngire, Elven Blood offers exciting and inventive adventures for all Shadowrun fans.
Elven Blood is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #33 on: <09-18-12/1325:20> »
For anyone that's interested, our boy Rook appears several times in these adventures -- not least of which right there in the intro fiction, which you can read in the pdf preview -- and is fully statted up!  :)

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/105890/Shadowrun%3A-Elven-Blood

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <09-18-12/2323:34> »
For anyone that's interested, our boy Rook appears several times in these adventures -- not least of which right there in the intro fiction, which you can read in the pdf preview -- and is fully statted up!  :)

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/105890/Shadowrun%3A-Elven-Blood

:D :D :D :D Dreams really do come true after all!

cre100382

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <10-01-12/1235:34> »
I would love to see the stats for this guy, but I don't want to buy the supplement just to get a look at his stats.  I have a character idea that is similar, but I am a noob enough to know that I can't hope to make it as effective as it could be.
« Last Edit: <10-02-12/0817:01> by cre100382 »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #36 on: <10-02-12/0908:40> »
You could buy it because it's an excellent set of adventures, however. You really can't beat the price for a five-adventure set.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <10-02-12/1556:51> »
You could buy it because it's an excellent set of adventures, however. You really can't beat the price for a five-adventure set.

Indeed it is, which is why i bought it.  8)

Such a good set.

hermit

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <04-06-13/2035:10> »
Sorry for the necromancy, but this is ... quite good. Will we see more3 Rook stories in the future?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #39 on: <04-08-13/1044:13> »
No need to apologize, the stuff's here to be read and commented on. 

At this time, no, likely not.  I've got a lot of contract fiction on my plate this year, and just haven't got the time to write for fun nearly as often (even for someone as fun as Rook).  That said...some of what I'm working on may just have a familiar Tir-born combat mage in it, when all's said and done.   8)

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #40 on: <04-10-13/2249:44> »
I liked Elven Blood, I'm going to pretend I was listened to and am the reason it was released. No need to thank me.  ;D
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #41 on: <04-12-13/1208:28> »
I'd love to go into more solo stuff with Rook (especially covering how he helped dear old dad with his run for Prince, and how he shifted more formally into the Ancients)...but there's just not enough time in the day.  Right now there's about a two-year window of Rook's story that I'm not sure I'll be able to tell, before things "pick up" with where/who he was in Elven Blood, and in future products.

For the vast majority of SR fans, he's just not chief protagonist material.  I'm gonna do what I can to have him bebop in as a guest star in a few places where it's appropriate, but...He's a niche character within a niche market, really.  I love writing him when I can, but he'd be a hard sell, for me to approach the bosses about.  "Hey, let me write a huge story about this racist dude, cool?" isn't likely to go over real well and get the budget green light.  ;)

deathbat21

• Newb
  • Manabolt is the universal solution. Not duct tape.
« Reply #42 on: <05-06-13/0230:30> »
Wow. I don't know how I've never seen this before. Amazing fiction.
User and abuser of Manabolts. All of them. O.o

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #43 on: <05-08-13/0124:36> »
Wow. I don't know how I've never seen this before. Amazing fiction.
Glad you enjoyed it! 

And I dunno how you missed it, either.  It's always been here, and I bump it as often as I get an excuse to. ;)

Richtenstahl

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <05-19-13/0731:26> »
Wow, this was GOOD!
A great pity you´re not gonna write more of Rook. I like the charakter, with all his racism, and I love your style, which, for me, is pretty much the most important thing in a story.
Thx mate, for a great read.