« Reply #30 on: <02-05-11/1902:44> »
Science!

I have to say, job well done!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Charlie Green

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <02-18-11/1553:17> »
Well argumented realities are on the way.  8)
It is built in many items now

look at this

https://www.zealoptics.com/transcend/

One other software add on shows other persons using it and distante to them.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #32 on: <05-08-11/0734:13> »
DON"T YOU 404 ON ME! (sorry couldn't help myself.) Just found this while doing some background checking for gear, and figured i should share condisering I've seen at least one arguement out there that stick and shocks should only be fired from shotguns. So I present, Stick-N-Shocks! IRL version! (So now for sake of discussion, they can at least be fired via Shotgun.  :P)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #33 on: <05-08-11/2254:28> »
Heh. It's kinda funny to me how stuff like the XREP and MetalStorm and Shear-Thickening Armor keep getting brought up as "new" every few months.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <05-08-11/2303:39> »
DON"T YOU 404 ON ME! (sorry couldn't help myself.) Just found this while doing some background checking for gear, and figured i should share condisering I've seen at least one arguement out there that stick and shocks should only be fired from shotguns. So I present, Stick-N-Shocks! IRL version! (So now for sake of discussion, they can at least be fired via Shotgun.  :P)
Shotguns:  What can't they do?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <05-16-11/0416:36> »
Heh. It's kinda funny to me how stuff like the XREP and MetalStorm and Shear-Thickening Armor keep getting brought up as "new" every few months.
Sorry chum, I wasn't aware that it'd already been posted up, I just saw it and figured I should share.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #36 on: <05-16-11/2319:11> »
Sorry chum, I wasn't aware that it'd already been posted up, I just saw it and figured I should share.

What I'm enjoying recently is a nice little article advising how 70mm rockets can be fitted with Infra-red smart-guidance systems now...

Ever seen the rippling effect of a 70mm rocket pod?
here's a clip to familiarise yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eud0nwCjgkk
the 00:33 second mark is where it fires 20x 70mm rockets...don't blink or you'll miss it.

Pretty, chunky, but inaccurate

Now the fun news, they've miniaturised an infra-red guidance system so that the whole system (with guide-fins) turns these normally 'dumb' 70mm rockets into guided missiles...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/12/navy_spits_out_6kg_fire_and_forget_missile/

Ergo, every one of those 20 missiles could strike a different and moving target (without having to keep the little red laser pointer on the mark...sight target, click fire, fly away...boom.)

For the record, a direct hit from a 70mm rocket with an Armor-Piercing warhead will disable most tanks....but because you can rarely guarantee a hit, they don't normally use this loadout.
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/275in-rockets.html

Suddenly, helicopters just got a whole lot nastier...and more importantly, RPG's can now become a sneaky, brief-case sized threat with a smart-assassin style guided war head.

This is especially usefulfor the fun battle-copters like this :)
http://ookaboo.com/o/pictures/topic/12302007/Hydra_70

And even little scouty-piss-ants like this could legitimately tell a moving armoured vehicle to back the hell away...
http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/night-stalkers/ah-6j-parked.php

Which means that for Shadowrun, we could quite soon see stuff like this:
http://www.cncden.com/cnc3_concept2/NOD_AttackBike_MissilePodsAlt01.jpg

'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-16-11/2349:16> »
That bike sucks, this one back in the 80s was way better.

http://wn.com/Mega_Force

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <05-17-11/1550:32> »
It also means that the backpack mounted Ballista system isn't far fetched, anymore.
There is no overkill.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-17-11/1554:22> »
It also means that the backpack mounted Ballista system isn't far fetched, anymore.
I don't know about shooting it from your back though. I'd be down packing it around on my back, but personally I'd mount it on the deck before sending the rain. ;)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <05-17-11/1556:25> »
Presumably, the person using it would be in full combat armor, and thus protected from the backblast.

That's how I would use it, anyway.  I like my skin to be the non-melty kind.
There is no overkill.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-17-11/1602:25> »
Presumably, the person using it would be in full combat armor, and thus protected from the backblast.

That's how I would use it, anyway.  I like my skin to be the non-melty kind.
I'd like to set that thing up like a concealed anti personnel area denial weapon. Just think of the OH SHIT on their faces as 20 individually guided HE/Frag rockets pop out of nowhere and waste a platoon of their dudes. the cost of 20 70MM smart rockets? a few thousand dollars. Cost of a backpack launcher unit? Another few thousand dollars. The expression on their faces when the whole patrol gets wiped out from nowhere? Priceless. ;D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-18-11/0638:20> »
I cooked up one of those at the Trigger Talk thread.  You can read it here.

And here's the quote:
I had an idea while at work (I get bored, and need to think of something) regarding grenade launchers.  Take a few of the 6 shot pistol grenade launchers, and give them the crawling upgrade.  This makes them micro-drones (essentially) with a Pilot of 1.  Upgrade the Pilot program a little bit, stick in a Gunnery program, some Encryption, maybe some IC, a commlink, and a smartlink.  Put in grenades of whatever flavor you wish.

Now, when you assault some stronghold, keep those drone 'links on hidden, and set them around the perimeter of the location.  When you need a distraction or just a little extra firepower, call up your launchers and send target coordinates.  If you need to, use a laser designator.  BAM, instant mortar fire.

Another idea I had, a little more odd mind you, was to take the grenade launcher rifle, give it a drum magazine and convert it to full auto-fire.  Just the thing when you need to suppress an area.
There is no overkill.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #43 on: <05-18-11/1914:14> »
I had an idea while at work (I get bored, and need to think of something) regarding grenade launchers.  Take a few of the 6 shot pistol grenade launchers, and give them the crawling upgrade.  This makes them micro-drones (essentially) with a Pilot of 1.  Upgrade the Pilot program a little bit, stick in a Gunnery program, some Encryption, maybe some IC, a commlink, and a smartlink.  Put in grenades of whatever flavor you wish.

Now, when you assault some stronghold, keep those drone 'links on hidden, and set them around the perimeter of the location.  When you need a distraction or just a little extra firepower, call up your launchers and send target coordinates.  If you need to, use a laser designator.  BAM, instant mortar fire.

Another idea I had, a little more odd mind you, was to take the grenade launcher rifle, give it a drum magazine and convert it to full auto-fire.  Just the thing when you need to suppress an area.
Little metal storms.... awww, ain't they cute?
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law