NEWS

List of AA's and down

• 10 Replies

忍

« on: <03-26-17/1357:44> »
The Big Ten are hard to ignore, but what about the runts in the game? Does anyone know of a repository or list of the smaller corps like Universal Omnitech or Proteus AG?

DragginSPADE

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-26-17/1528:54> »
I'm away from my books atm, but I think the 4th edition corp book, Corporate Download had a rundown of some of the big AA's in addition to the AAA megacorps. 

It's also worth noting that the only thing technically separating a AA and AAA megacorp is whether or not they have a seat on the Corporate Court.  There are some AA megacorps that are larger than the smaller AAAs *coughHorizoncough*.  So "runts" isn't a very accurate term when describing them.   ;)

As to a complete list, there isn't one anywhere that I know of.  The bigger ones are listed in a variety of areas but there's no "This is all of them" list specifically so GMs have space to create their own.

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <03-26-17/1651:07> »
If you don't have a seat at the cool kids table, you might as well be a runt :P

Thank you for that reference btw

DragginSPADE

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-26-17/1709:40> »
You're welcome.  Minor correction: Corporate Download is the 3rd edition sourcebook.  The 4th edition book, with some AA info, is Corporate Guide. 
(If confused, just look for the book with the picture of a suit on the cover, not the one with Lofwyr.  ;D)

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-26-17/1819:45> »
Depending on what you're looking for precisely, there are quite a lot of real-world lists of commercial companies in various places on the old internet; if you're looking for a relatively minor opponent, just look up a particular industry and find a list of company names.  Most have offices in various parts of the world. If it doesn't quite fit, tweak it......

For instance, I ran a series of commercial espionage runs for Boeing against Rolls Royce, Northrop-Grumman and Dassault, inserting information to look like commercial collusion between their aero-engine divisions.  Decker-heavy, but lists were easily located.
Travel the world; meet new people; crush them for all they are worth!

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-26-17/2239:44> »
The Big Ten are hard to ignore, but what about the runts in the game? Does anyone know of a repository or list of the smaller corps like Universal Omnitech or Proteus AG?

Yes. I keep this up to date. http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Megacorporations#AA_Megacorporations_.282078.29

For instance, I ran a series of commercial espionage runs for Boeing against Rolls Royce, Northrop-Grumman and Dassault, inserting information to look like commercial collusion between their aero-engine divisions.  Decker-heavy, but lists were easily located.
Federated-Boeing vs. Saeder-Krupp, Lockheed, and Aztechnology. That's a bold strategy, Cotton.
« Last Edit: <03-26-17/2248:29> by Crimsondude »

&#24525;

« Reply #6 on: <03-26-17/2301:53> »
Heyo. Chrimsondude with the paydata!

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-27-17/0605:41> »
Way to go NYPD...
more of a real thing than the real thing (aka Coca Cola)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-27-17/1411:05> »
Nice work on the list, Crimsondude.

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <03-28-17/1601:24> »
http://shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Konzerne
this list should be pretty much the same for the AA-A Cons, but has more of the below A-Level cons.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-29-17/0249:24> »
http://shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Konzerne
this list should be pretty much the same for the AA-A Cons, but has more of the below A-Level cons.
... Nah. The wikia article is standalone AA corps, which is why the list has been pared down extensively in the last year.

• Gaeatronics is a AA-rated megacorporation.
  • Spinrad owns C&C, PBT, Regency, Sol, Lusiada
  • Prometheus Engineering is a Wuxing subsidiary.
  • UO owns PacRim Bank.
  • Yakashima owns Daiatsu.
  • Renault-Fiat-Meridional is one AA.
  • Baltisch-Ostpreußische Wiederaufbau-AG, Manadyne, Dow, Microdeck, Lami Look Pagkaon, Mesametric, Tan Tien, Yamaha, and VisionQuest are not AA-rated corporations.
  • PCC has never had a rating because it's a country and doesn't operate as a multinational abroad (Pueblo-based corporations PBT, Lockheed, Tablelands, and Virtual Reality are AA-rated megas that fill that role, and Horizon is of course a AAA).
  • Z-OG Bank transcends rating.
You're better off using the wikia page I edit. I'm not even sure all of those A and unrated corporations still exist (Dassurn is owned by Brackhaven Investments).
« Last Edit: <03-29-17/0342:37> by Crimsondude »