NEWS

New Editorial Staff

• 3 Replies

The Tekwych

• Omae
« on: <09-16-19/1146:23> »
When I saw the press release:

https://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2019/09/13/catalyst-game-labs-announces-executive-editor-new-battletech-and-leviathans-line-developers/

I had hopes that CGL was acting on issues that have been plaguing their product lines. Instead I find that everything BUT Shadowrun is getting editorial changes.

Please tell me that Shadowrun was not overlooked. That a professional, staff editor is being looked for just not found yet. That the problems that have been occurring are being addressed.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-19/1152:26> »
I'd caution against reading more into that than what it says.

BattleTech got a new Line Developer because technically the post's been vacant. What they did was formally give the title to the guy who's already been doing the job anyway on a "provisional" basis.  And of course Leviathans got a LD because prior to very recently it's been a dead brand.  It *IS* pretty interesting that Leviathans is being promoted now, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything to Shadowrun.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-19/1851:10> »
I'd caution against reading more into that than what it says.

BattleTech got a new Line Developer because technically the post's been vacant. What they did was formally give the title to the guy who's already been doing the job anyway on a "provisional" basis.  And of course Leviathans got a LD because prior to very recently it's been a dead brand.  It *IS* pretty interesting that Leviathans is being promoted now, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything to Shadowrun.

I appreciate the perspective and caution, but as a member of the 'Runner community, I feel kind of like a redheaded stepchild a lot of times.

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #3 on: <09-17-19/1541:07> »
When I saw the press release:

https://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2019/09/13/catalyst-game-labs-announces-executive-editor-new-battletech-and-leviathans-line-developers/

I had hopes that CGL was acting on issues that have been plaguing their product lines. Instead I find that everything BUT Shadowrun is getting editorial changes.

Please tell me that Shadowrun was not overlooked. That a professional, staff editor is being looked for just not found yet. That the problems that have been occurring are being addressed.

I wouldn't expect much.

Any more than I'd expect a better game out of a studio who, so far as I'm aware, doesn't have anyone working on Shadowrun's mechanics with any professional game development credits outside the company.