NEWS

Panzerknacker [OOC]

• 355 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <09-16-16/0532:49> »
I think it's worth pointing out that bnc, while not being a full-blown rigger, has an implanted control rig. Up until now, she's done the rigging, too. That said, I think we can think of it more as a potential for synergy rather than competition. That is, if bnc likes her ^^ and, a more dubious proposition, the same is true the other way round
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <09-16-16/0853:52> »
I'm still reading through the previous missions, I wasn't aware bnc got a control rig. I don't want to step on anyone's toes; I can make something else is there's concern of too much overlap. Or, like you said, we can just make sure there's more synergy than redundancy. When kinds of rigging does bnc like to do? Right now Kite is more or less 50/50 between drones and vehicles but her backstory leans heavily toward the latter.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <09-16-16/1112:25> »
Don't worry, as I said, we have every role covered, so now we get a bit of redundancy - also bnc is more drone oriented, one more decent pilot/driver won't hurt.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <09-17-16/0402:51> »
Yeah, just create your rigger as it pleases you. bnc is no real, she's just a decker who got herself upgraded (not so much for being of more use as because she feels more alive if she knows she's actually moving through meat space). She's got no control rig booster, no whatever-this-rigger's-deck-is-called-thingy, no rigger qualities, mediocre Pilot skills and a relatively low reaction. She did use her control rig only once up to now, it's really more of a fluff thing. An experience one, to be sure, but bnc isn't so much concerned about optimizing herself.
So feel free to create your own rigger, and if he's awesome, bnc will love him.

@team: I put a post online in Pain and Gain, describing how she passes the months after our run.
« Last Edit: <09-17-16/1303:30> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-17-16/1349:53> »
Finally found the time to look over your characters.

Looks good so far, only a few questions:

@gilga: What does your code of honor forbid you from doing and which action would lose you karma?
@badneighbor: Flashbacks "Explosions" sounds fair, but since you only took the mild form I'll say it's not the sound but the visual aspect that triggers you. Sounds fair?
@Crossbow: Is the "Karma spent 50" including starting Karma? Otherwise I'd have to ask you to depower your build by 30 karma. If it's just your starting Karma + bonus karma from negative qualities, be aware that you get 20 bonus karma and 40k nuyen to catch you up to the others a bit. 
talk think matrix

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <09-17-16/1453:49> »

@badneighbor: Flashbacks "Explosions" sounds fair, but since you only took the mild form I'll say it's not the sound but the visual aspect that triggers you. Sounds fair?

be aware that you get 20 bonus karma and 40k nuyen to catch you up to the others a bit.

That sounds fair to me. Also, I should also point out that I haven't yet spent the "catch-up" nuyen and karma. I wanted to get the base build approved first. I'll do that ASAP and update my post, alongside the 20 questions thingy.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-17-16/1536:59> »
Yael follows an some form of warrior code,  she avoids the use of lethal force at all time and  is penalized karma if she or anyone that works with her kills someone defenseless, such as a guard that surrendered or was knocked down, or someone that was at the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something he should not have seen.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-18-16/2227:23> »
@Crossbow: Is the "Karma spent 50" including starting Karma? Otherwise I'd have to ask you to depower your build by 30 karma. If it's just your starting Karma + bonus karma from negative qualities, be aware that you get 20 bonus karma and 40k nuyen to catch you up to the others a bit.

I think it is the first, but I will have to take a closer look to be sure.  Either way, I have some bookkeeping to do.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <09-19-16/0712:32> »
Alright then. Polish your characters, so we can start next week.  :)
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <09-20-16/1157:39> »
If that's okay with you, I refrain from improving Reaction at this point. Since we're going to have a proper rigger, I guess I'll save the karma to spend it on edge or hacking skills later on.

If you're not going to add anything to bnc's time in-between, I'm going to roll some "lucky dice" to determine how different things evolve. I'm gonna update my post in Pain and Gain shortly.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <09-21-16/0946:50> »
Just a heads up, I updated my character post with a "final" build.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <09-26-16/0011:14> »
I'd say it's about time we chose our new companions.
Shall we roleplay the interviews?

IIRC we have badneighbor as a rigger and three candidates for a mage:
 - gilga: Yael Bar
 - Raiderjoseph: Eyesight (already roleplayed the interview; let's just assume we did it AFTER the run and we never met Bluebird at all, shall we?)
 - Crossbow: Flatline

If you're in, bnc can again arrange meeting and stuff.

@gilga & Crossbow: Before we start doing any other roleplaying, can you please send me a summary of what a good matrix inquiry will dig up about your chars? related or suspected SINs, crimincal record, medical record, news, social media entries, and stuff like this.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-26-16/0114:09> »
@Volker

Never mind that, this time the new ones will be introduced through the Johnson.

talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <09-26-16/0506:14> »
Roger. We'll still have to decide for a mage. 'cept we take all three of them ^^
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <09-26-16/0514:06> »
As you might have noticed, I renamed the thread to Panzerknacker [OOC]

The IC will be up in the next two days, since I can't guarantee that I'll be available at the 26th (traveling for work)

talk think matrix