NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #885 on: <01-07-16/2139:35> »
Taking some more time will only increase the level of detail that Nori K is able to provide y'all with.

It dawns on me just now that Becca knows Nori as well. I don't think either of us know the other one is involved at this point though. This might be kinda funny.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #886 on: <01-08-16/2150:33> »
I'm reading IC, I just haven't had a chance to reply yet. Should get to it this weekend.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #887 on: <01-11-16/1859:37> »
Sounds like we're headed to Auburn first, then maybe Tacoma if we can come up with the location of the shipping headquarters.

From the video feed and/or local knowledge and/or the Matrix, is there any indication of what kind of neighborhood the Auburn/Sumner office is in? An office park that's quiet at this time of night? Residences nearby that might be full of people? Just wondering how to dress for the occasion.

Any indication from the video feed of what all the vehicles are for? Are they clearing out the office and moving equipment into the vehicles, or are the vehicles simply for personnel transport? Is there much in-and-out activity at the office or did people head inside and stay inside?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #888 on: <01-11-16/1941:56> »
Sounds like we're headed to Auburn first, then maybe Tacoma if we can come up with the location of the shipping headquarters.

You have an address for the shipping headquarters, just not blueprints.

From the video feed and/or local knowledge and/or the Matrix, is there any indication of what kind of neighborhood the Auburn/Sumner office is in? An office park that's quiet at this time of night? Residences nearby that might be full of people? Just wondering how to dress for the occasion.

Any indication from the video feed of what all the vehicles are for? Are they clearing out the office and moving equipment into the vehicles, or are the vehicles simply for personnel transport? Is there much in-and-out activity at the office or did people head inside and stay inside?

It's a mixed use location.  A few office complexes, lower-end restaurants, Kong-Walmarts, Stuffer Shacks, that kind of thing.  Some apartment buildings are nearby -- a block are two off the four-lane street that the Sunshine headquarters are located on.  Foot traffic is light but present.  The office park itself is quiet, except for the aforementioned vehicles.  People are in and out, though not carrying office equipment or anything else that would make Achak and the team think that they're closing up shop. Think C to B on the security rating scale.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #889 on: <01-11-16/1958:55> »
How are people dressed, both in terms of the locals (foot traffic) but also the people going from the vehicles to the office and vice versa? Any patterns in gender, ethnicity, metahuman race or the like?

I'll just roll Perception here, since that seem somewhat appropriate. Straight roll: no equipment bonuses, since those don't seem relevant.

Intuition 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 2 hits, not great for 12 dice, but better than 0 hits

Before I forget, there's an Achak in the Sioux Nation - Cheyenne PDF. He's 89 years old and one of the council elders.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #890 on: <01-11-16/2103:22> »
How does the astral look? Watchers? Guards? Etc?

Assensing the area (Int 3 + Assensing 5): 8d6t5 2

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #891 on: <01-11-16/2154:58> »
How are people dressed, both in terms of the locals (foot traffic) but also the people going from the vehicles to the office and vice versa? Any patterns in gender, ethnicity, metahuman race or the like?

I'll just roll Perception here, since that seem somewhat appropriate. Straight roll: no equipment bonuses, since those don't seem relevant.

Intuition 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 2 hits, not great for 12 dice, but better than 0 hits

Before I forget, there's an Achak in the Sioux Nation - Cheyenne PDF. He's 89 years old and one of the council elders.

Passerby's are wearing blue-collar sprawl gear.  Some are wearing respirators.  Some of those have the respirators hanging around their neck now that they're far enough from the factories.  Those coming, going, and standing outside Sunrise are mostly in overcoats.  A few are in ponchos.  Hard to tell how many are inside, but the count is probably between 15-20.  The video feed isn't great, and there's a slight drizzle, so ethnicity is hard to determine, but by build, the majority are humans, with the odd ork.  Perhaps an elf, maybe two if one's a short elf.  No obvious weaponry, but between the quality of the feeds and the coats, something as big as an SMG would likely not be noticed.

How does the astral look? Watchers? Guards? Etc?

Assensing the area (Int 3 + Assensing 5): 8d6t5 2

You'll need to get there in the meatspace to find out, but we can keep that roll until then.

Inventory at the day job has me snookered for IC posting today.  In case any of y'all get to it before I do, Nori will meet you on site.  No trouble getting into Auburn.  What's everyone's load out for the recon?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #892 on: <01-11-16/2200:56> »
What kind of vehicle are we taking?

Becca only has the one loadout, so she'll be rocking that. If we're trying to go inconspicuous, I spose she'll leave the launcher and the helmet in the trunk, but only if given a mark on the car so she can get in if she needs to.
« Last Edit: <01-11-16/2202:37> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #893 on: <01-12-16/1610:59> »
I presume we're taking Mercer's Roadmaster, as it is the only vehicle we have.

Achak's Sneaky-Yet-Public Loadout
Fairlight Caliban running silent (no SIN broadcast)
Qi Foci (Cloak activated)

Glasses Rating 4 (wireless + running silent + slaved)
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 3
   +Flare Compensation
Contacts Rating 3 (wireless + running silent + slaved)
   +Low Light
   +Image Link
   +Smartlink
Earbuds Rating 3 (wireless + running silent + slaved)
   +Audio Enhancement Rating 3

Weapons
Ares Crusader II (wireless OFF + slaved) loaded with APDS (and carrying one clip each for EX-explosive, wooden flechette, and silver APDS) (in concealable holster in lined coat)
Gunstock War Club (in concealable sheathe in lined coat)

Armor
Lined Coat 9
   +Electrochromic Clothing
   +Concealable Holster (for Ares Crusader II)
   +Concealable Sheathe (for Gunstock War Club)
Forearm Guards 1

Chems and Med Gear
Jazz x 1
Stim Patch R6 x 2
Trauma Patch x 1
Medkit R2 (presuming it is small and easily transported)
Respirator Rating 6

I do not know how large most of the B&E gear is, but I'm guessing most of it is reasonably small given its purpose. Presuming this is not excessive:

B & E Gear
Autopicker Rating 6
Cellular Glove Molder Rating 4
Gecko Tape Gloves
Keycard Copier Rating 6
Lockpick Set
Maglock Passkey Rating 4
Sequencer Rating 5
Miniwelder

Edit: Added glasses. Made Crusader wireless OFF, per Nori's suggestion.
« Last Edit: <01-21-16/1933:43> by Tecumseh »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #894 on: <01-12-16/2024:04> »
Armor
Armor Clothing - Wireless on (Auto-injector loaded with 2x R3 stim and 1 dose each of Kamikaze, Trauma patch set to trigger on full physical track, R6 Stim triggered on full stun track)
Argentum Coat - Wireless on
Ballistic Mask - Wireless off, in gear access, concealed until we're at the B&E stage (where being seen means being shot at)

Weapons
Alpha - Wireless off, on sling, under coat, loaded with APDS and Gas mini-grenades. Spare clips: APDS, Gel
Shotgun - Wireless off, on sling, under coat, loaded with 5xflechette, 9x APDS, 8x Sawdust, 2x Capsule (Wolfsbane)
Ares Crusader x2 - Wireless off, in holsters, under coat, one loaded with Gel rounds, one with Tracker. Spare clips: Stick-n-Shock, APDS, Silver APDS
Gas grenades (Pepper punch) x2 - wireless off, in gear access
Sawdust grenade - wireless off, in gear access
Smoke grenades x 2 - wireless off, in gear access
Thermal smoke grenade - wireless off, in gear access

Augments
Arms - Wireless off
Datajack - Wireless on
Eyes - Wireless on

Other gear
Commlink - Wireless on, SIN broadcast until we get to the parking lot and have determined that the coast is clear(ish)
Stealth tags - wireless off
Sensor tags - Wireless on, in gear access
Biomonitor - wireless on
Area Jammer - Wireless off
Flyspys - Wireless on, deployed as we get close to the building
Roadmaster - Wireless on until we park and it seems safe to turn it off

Nothing is running silent (I tend to think it attracts attention, though if there are other silent items in the area, then it is probably the norm, and so why not), and if it is restricted or forbidden, it is wireless off. The Argentum Coat itself is legal but has some illegal mods, but that's unlikely to be detected from most casual matrix searches. Once we meet up with Nori and go hot, I'll probably bring some of the wireless off gear up and running silent with her sleaze rating.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #895 on: <01-13-16/1220:30> »
@Mal, two rifle-sized weapons under his coat?  I hope he doesn't plan on having to run anywhere.

@Tec, the cellular glove molder would be the only piece of equipment that I think would have much heft to it.  I imagine it's roughly the size of a tablet, or kindle, or something like that.

The view from across the street is roughly like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4952424,-97.5334272,3a,75y,34.21h,95.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3M2XFrwwMeIswPiDEHnFPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

From the feed, you get this view: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4953244,-97.5328223,3a,75y,3.97h,95.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srKVC_zYKoq7A0wYUYJep9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

If questioned, Nori will admit to carrying an Ex-Shocker, an Ares Light Fire 70, and she's got her deck on her.  Armor-wise, she's rocking a set of Actioneer Business Clothes.

Inventory ends on Friday, so my posting will be short, informational, and spotty until then.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #896 on: <01-13-16/1306:49> »
I'm traveling for work all day tomorrow so I won't be very active until Friday either.

For the record, I am intending for Achak to take the rest of his gear (including what I didn't list) and to leave it in the Roadmaster. He figures that if Stake's place isn't safe then his probably isn't either. Plus he wants to be ready to leave town on short notice.

If the cellular glove molder won't be cumbersome then I'll take it with me. If it's not possible to transport easily in the lined coat then I'll leave it behind. I already have a machine pistol and a club so I'm wary of thinks clanking around.

Achak will ask Sister Rebecca to assense the men out front (and the woman who arrives) if she doesn't do it automatically.

Achak will be studying the blueprints for a back door, or a rooftop entrance.

I will roll Security Design. Chummer has this linked to Intuition, but if rednblack wants to use Logic then we'll drop hits off the end.

Intuition 6 + Security Design 4: 10d6t5 6 hits, capped at 5 by Achak's Mental limit. It's 4 hits if we use Logic instead of Intuition. A good roll, either way.

If Achak successfully identifies some good options, he'll ask Mercer to send his Fly Spy drones to investigate. He knows they're not great in inclement weather but hopefully the rain is light enough to use them with an acceptable degree of risk.

Achak will activate his Qi Focus (Cloak) too, before I forget.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #897 on: <01-13-16/1441:04> »
@Mal, two rifle-sized weapons under his coat?  I hope he doesn't plan on having to run anywhere.
Yes, but it's only temporary. Once "out of sight" he'll be wielding the shotgun and have the AR over the shoulder for quick access. The under the jacket bit it just to keep inconspicuous to casual passersby during the approach from the van to the building, and maybe for an elevator ride once inside.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #898 on: <01-13-16/1456:08> »
Also, the deployed fly-spys will take a look at the roof and get a bird's eye view of the surrounding area, in case we need that info for escape routes.

Any gear Mercer is not bringing will be in the Roadmaster, with the forbidden gear (Vera and extra ammo) in the smuggling compartment.

I'm not sure how we want to approach this. We could go in hot (Mercer can take Vera out to party, except he forgot to buy non-lethal rounds for her, so called-shot split damage it would be) or we can just stroll in like we're visiting another office in the building and hope they buy it. In either case, he'll put a stealth tag on the Westwind - ideally by hand but with Joey (Predator II) if needed.

What does Nori see around as far as devices running silent?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #899 on: <01-13-16/1600:54> »
Achak's first, second, and third inclinations are to do this softly. He's interested in access doors around back, or on the roof, or fire escapes. Sewers or other underground entrances are also an option, but lower on the list.

For the record, Sumner is only a few miles down the road from Achak's gangland hideout, in case we need a quick place to lay low.