[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #780 on: <08-11-15/1349:50> »
I'm still available.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #781 on: <08-11-15/2130:36> »
Things are close enough to an even-keel that I feel comfortable starting this game back up.  Everybody still on board?  I know it's been awhile, so if it needs to die, that's understandable.

I'm still down, although I'd love to remake the character. She's MUCH weaker than I had anticipated and I worry I'll be dragging the group down.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #782 on: <08-12-15/1455:15> »
I'm game to continue, though I caution (if it hasn't already been apparent) that my post rate will be lower - one every 2-3 days on average of IC. Just life in general being busier.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #783 on: <08-12-15/1609:25> »
@Mal, no worries here. 

@Poindexter, is she?  She certainly chewed through those first vampires easily enough.  The last combat was mostly inexpertly run from the GM's POV.  It would've been more fun for everybody involved had the Fire Spirit used its Elemental Attack each turn as opposed to Engulf once.  The last combat was about as lethal as I'd hoped -- maybe a little less since my dual-pistol wielding adept geeked himself -- but I really didn't mean to keep Sister Rebecca without any options for two or three CTs. 

That all said, if you'd like to rebuild, I'm ok with that.

@All, since everyone is on board, I'll try to get an IC up in the next day or so.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #784 on: <08-15-15/1721:39> »
Has the mage provided the marks on her device? I mentioned wanting them in OOC, but I might not have asked for them yet in IC.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #785 on: <08-15-15/1833:24> »
Has the mage provided the marks on her device? I mentioned wanting them in OOC, but I might not have asked for them yet in IC.

Yes.  Sorry, should have covered that IC.  Her only link is a burner Metalink.  No names are given for messages, though it looks as though hers wasn't fiddled with before she handed it over.  Anything specific Mercer is looking for?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #786 on: <08-15-15/2238:24> »
@Rednblack, who is speaking in the red text? It sounds kind of like Rusty from the "we're already home" comment but I wasn't sure.

Does the message between Ikiryo and the Johnson imply that we have a commcode for the Johnson now?

My IC post refers to Achak's Gangland Hideout (Seattle, Squatter, Extra Secure) lifestyle.

There are also allusions to his Prejudice (Specific, Biased) against trolls (like Rusty, who is actually the source of the prejudice from kicking Achak's ass over a woman).

Achak's not going to murder Ikiryo; he'd rather put that on Rusty's soul.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #787 on: <08-16-15/0119:22> »
Mercer wants to know her name/handle, and the nature of any communication she had with Iki. Basically he's being cautious, looking for holes in her story, making sure that cutting her loose won't come back to bite him - perhaps literally. He's not a trusting sort to begin with, but her being cagey about revealing her name makes his hackles stand up just a little.

Mercer would likely sleep in the van anyway. His lifestyle - Traveler - I figure is a mix of cheap motels and fast food supplemented by the not exactly occasional night spent in the van.

As for Iki, it's a sure bet he's already notified his employers that Mercer is alive, likely with photographic evidence, so there's not much to lose by letting them finish him off. "Them" being either the gangers or his employers. Though Mercer's not above using the same trick as the vamps and planting a tracker on him to see where he goes. Of course, Mercer's not yet aware that the vamps were using that trick IC I don't think, but it's the sort of thing he'd do.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #788 on: <08-16-15/0124:37> »
@Rednblack, who is speaking in the red text? It sounds kind of like Rusty from the "we're already home" comment but I wasn't sure.

Does the message between Ikiryo and the Johnson imply that we have a commcode for the Johnson now?

Yes and yes.

Mercer wants to know her name/handle, and the nature of any communication she had with Iki. Basically he's being cautious, looking for holes in her story, making sure that cutting her loose won't come back to bite him - perhaps literally. He's not a trusting sort to begin with, but her being cagey about revealing her name makes his hackles stand up just a little.

There's no mention of her handle on her link, but nobdy's asked her -- or anyone else -- either.  Go ahead and give me a INT+Computer Test to see what shakes out.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #789 on: <08-17-15/0139:51> »
Search the mage's phone [Computer 1 + Intuition 5]: 6d6t5 1 [1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 5]
A bunch of suck and almost a glitch, but hopefully a single hit provides something useful.

Also, looking back it wasn't as clear as I had thought, but the entire last bot of talking from Mercer was directed toward the mage, not the gangers. He's offering her a ride and letting her decide how she wants to handle the corpses.

I know the action has moved to the van, but before we leave Iki to the Gangers Mercer wanted to try a Hail Mary. Whatever the outcome, we're probably leaving Iki behind - either for the gangers to kill, or for him to make his own way, unless he wants us to take him and makes it worth our while. I also didn't want to make the assumption that the mage would be joining us, so I haven't addressed my asking her her name/handle. I've been dogging her for it since we met hoping she'd offer it out of general cordiality. If she goes with us, he'll ask her for it once they are in the van, otherwise he'll ask before they leave.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #790 on: <08-17-15/1142:44> »
Search the mage's phone [Computer 1 + Intuition 5]: 6d6t5 1 [1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 5]
A bunch of suck and almost a glitch, but hopefully a single hit provides something useful.

With one hit, Mercer can get a pretty good idea of who's who.  There was a number of communications starting last night about where/when to meet up with who Mercer assumes to be Iki, and then communications stop, most likely after they do meet up.  Then this morning there is a message from Iki that simply says, "Hold," and a few minutes later one that says, "Now."

Moving forward, Mercer find the expected chatter leading up to the breach in the church, all in team messaging.  There's probably not much useful there, but you'll need more time to peruse those messages to find them -- say after you've gotten to the safehouse. 

Also, looking back it wasn't as clear as I had thought, but the entire last bot of talking from Mercer was directed toward the mage, not the gangers. He's offering her a ride and letting her decide how she wants to handle the corpses.

Ahh, gotcha.  I thought you were talking to the gangers.  That's much more clear. 

I know the action has moved to the van, but before we leave Iki to the Gangers Mercer wanted to try a Hail Mary. Whatever the outcome, we're probably leaving Iki behind - either for the gangers to kill, or for him to make his own way, unless he wants us to take him and makes it worth our while. I also didn't want to make the assumption that the mage would be joining us, so I haven't addressed my asking her her name/handle. I've been dogging her for it since we met hoping she'd offer it out of general cordiality. If she goes with us, he'll ask her for it once they are in the van, otherwise he'll ask before they leave.

That's fine.  Do what you'd like to do in the church, but know that time is ticking.

ETA: there's also the discussion of the safehouse to weigh in on.
« Last Edit: <08-17-15/1147:33> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #791 on: <08-17-15/1509:51> »
I think Malevolence's OOC post was suggesting that Mercer would rather sleep in his Roadmaster than in a safehouse, but I don't think Mercer said that ICly.

Achak would prefer someplace with a bathroom, but given his Loss of Confidence (Leadership) and the fact that his church just got shot up because of him, he won't protest much. Sister Rebecca will be unconscious and Achak will be sobbing in the backseat, so we won't be in much of a position to overrule the driver. So, in effect, it's Malevolence's call.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #792 on: <08-17-15/1904:51> »
I held off on mentioning that in IC just so we weren't interacting in two different points in time. It isn't so much that he wants to share the van, more that he'd stay with the van wherever they do end up. He might make use of the WC to bathe, etc, but the actual sleeping he'd do in the van, just out of habit and paranoia. If they were going somewhere more upscale, he'd likely treat himself to a nice bed, but given the description of the venue, he's just fine crashing on the floor of the Roadmaster.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #793 on: <08-21-15/1349:58> »
Poindexter, you still with us?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #794 on: <08-25-15/1116:29> »
Nice IC write-up, Mal.  So, the team is currently compromised with Achak coming down and Sister Rebecca going back to unconscious.  What's the plan with the other vehicles?  I'll say that Achak was able to get addresses to both potential safehouses to Mercer.

Once I have an idea of the basic plan, I can get an IC up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal