NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #765 on: <06-18-15/1707:05> »
Assense Ikiryo (Int 3 + Assensing 5 - Wounds 2): 6d6t5 2

Assense the mage (Int 3 + Skill 5 -Wounds 2): 6d6t5 3

What does she sense about the two of em?

I'll include all this info in the IC post, upcoming.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #766 on: <06-18-15/1750:29> »
@Poindexter,

--Ikiryo: mundane, seriously wounded, and his emotional state is a mix of fear, disgust, panic, and resignation.  He is extensively augmented.  He has a full synthetic arm, cyber eyes, and a few dark holes in his head, which would denote an implanted commlink, and probably some other augs in his head as well.  His body also betrays a lack of essence, most likely from some sort of muscle replacement surgery. 

--Magician:  injured, but not seriously so.  She appears very fearful.  She is unaugmented, and her magic is lower than Sister Rebecca's. 

Also of note, when Sister Rebecca opens her third eye she can see the magician's Fire Spirit in the astral.  It is looking down from its perch, eyeing her coldly.

Anything I missed?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #767 on: <06-18-15/2214:49> »
Sorry it's taking me so long. Been super busy. I'll do my best to get something up before work tomorrow.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #768 on: <06-22-15/2037:36> »
Life turned to shit.
No posting for me just yet.
Couple days.
Shit will work out.

Sorry, yall.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #769 on: <06-23-15/0143:09> »
No worries, Poindexter.

Mercer wants to knock Iki back out in order to interrupt any communication he is participating in over his implanted commlink and also because chances are it is time to go as he's probably called in some sort of cavalry - might be a good idea to check for Doc Wagon bracelets. His choices are a slap to the noggin or a shot from a pistol (gel rounds). Because of his cyber arms, a slap would be physical damage, so he'd probably have to use a called shot to split the damage. Not being aware of what Iki's condition monitor is like, what would be the best option to knock him back out without killing him? Was his stun monitor nearly full when he was healed, or would Mercer be starting from zero, in which case physical damage would be the better bet?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #770 on: <06-23-15/0231:24> »
Achak would prefer not to murder a defenseless man in church, but he is a bit aggrieved about being shot in the shoulder and may slip into old habits.

He is thinking about demanding full marks to Iki's commlink so that files could be transferred and examined. Iki might not comply, but Achak is trying to give him a sliver of hope. Maybe Iki already figures that he's dead or doomed, but Achak would at least try.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #771 on: <06-24-15/1544:18> »
Mercer's plan is to try not to kill him, but knock him unconscious so that he can't transmit any more than he already likely has, then move him to the van so that we can get mobile and away from the church (advising the Father to do the same for his own safety). Once mobile, we can determine what to do about the implanted commlink, though Mercer would prefer keeping the blood to a minimum while in the van, so a ripper doc might be the best option. He also wants to keep Iki alive as he's pretty sure he has more info. We might part ways with Tiny and the mage at this point as I don't think there is much more we can get from her. I'm a little bummed that Rusty picked up on the Warhammer - flechette suppressive fire is a pretty handy option. The 18F availability was the only reason Mercer didn't grab one in chargen. Maybe there's some room for negotiation there, though it might feel a bit like cheating on Yoki.

Additionally, both Iki and Tiny have nice cars. I'm not sure what to do about that. Tiny and the mage will need transportation and I don't think our intent is to rob them blind, so I'm inclined to just leave that as is, and Mercer isn't sure about Iky, but it's unlikely he has much of a future, so the Concordant could be profit if anyone knows a good mechanic or Achak wants to try to barter with the locals for some funds. The gang can keep the disabled Roadmaster and Americar, as I'm sure they were intending anyway. Heck, the Concordant could do a lot of church fixing.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #772 on: <06-24-15/1643:28> »
I'm torn as to whether Achak would notice the effect of that Sister Rebecca's healing is having on her. Cram makes people hyper-alert, but Jazz just makes them twitchy and over-caffeinated. As such I'm thinking that he might a bit oblivious at the moment.

Achak isn't terribly good at intimidation but he's Jazzed-up and needs to do something. He's going to try to intimidate Iki for full MARKs on for the Transys Avalon. I'm basically just going to roll everything and we can subtract dice later:

Charisma 4 + Intimidation 1 + Outnumbered 2 + Wielding Weapon 2 + Has caused pain 2 + Physically Imposing 1: 12d6t5 5 hits, limit 6

I took "has caused pain" because Achak shot him, plus he's going to threaten more of the same.

I hadn't thought about leaving the Concordant for the church. That's an interesting thought, and would be convenient, although it gets into tricky issues of ownership. Same goes for anything we want to pick off the departed, which will probably require rednblack's input. Achak is thinking that Rusty should be happy with the weapons, Tiny's armor, and the disabled Roadmaster.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #773 on: <07-02-15/1126:04> »
Achak succeeded at his Intimidation roll, and has his MARKs. 

Ownership is tricky, but there's a good chance that Rusty has a matrix guy around who can do as much given some time.  It is an Extended Test per item, so you could be talking about awhile there, and the Black Jacks may want some more gear for the trouble.  Depends on how much time you want to be spending in the area.

Speaking of which, time is of the essence right now.  Let's wrap this part up before everyone passes out again from Stun Damage. 

We're opening a new location at my job, and it's going to be my shop, so I'm spending a lot of time in and out and otherwise away from internet access.  At some point next week everything should be back to normal, but there will be some hiccups on my end along the way.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #774 on: <07-03-15/1433:55> »
Ok, things are looking up again.
Over the next day or two I'm gonna read everything I missed and get back to it.

Thanks for being patient.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #775 on: <07-06-15/1325:20> »
Achak is eager to get going too.

Upon review, I'm not sure how much Achak can accomplish with three MARKs. Edit File seems like the Matrix action to copy files, although Achak's dice pool isn't good enough to defeat the defending dice pool the vast majority of the time. Perhaps there won't be a defending dice roll in this situation, or maybe he can just spam Edit File commands until he succeeds, in which case I basically just need Achak not to glitch.

Logic 2 + Computer 1: 3d6t5 1 hit, a hit!

The basic idea is to copy over the contents of the commlink so that we don't have to murder him and carve it out of his skull. If it doesn't work, we'll murder him and carve it out of his skull.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #776 on: <07-07-15/0153:30> »
I should be back to posting late Tuesday or sometime Wednesday. Had a whirlwind weekend and basically only had tablet access, so not conducive to posting in general. This applies to TR as well, so I won't double post this there.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #777 on: <07-08-15/0221:47> »
Mercer will have the mage provide marks for her phone as well so they can scan it for info before returning it to her when they are ready to part ways. He will make sure she has no DNI before handing her her phone so that he can watch her grant the marks, just in case she tries anything sneaky. I mention this here because he isn't doing this until either the mage decides to stay at the church and find her own way or they drop her off at the cars (or another location of her choice), but I wanted to get it mentioned in case the story moves past that point before I get to post again.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #778 on: <07-13-15/2021:28> »
My apologies for my continued absence.  We're opening our doors tomorrow, so things should get back to normal(ish) in the next few days.  Everyone's who's stuck with the game gets 2 GM dipped out on us karma. 

I'm going to spend tomorrow catching up on OOC and IC threads in my games, and I'll do my part to push things forward in the next 2 days or so.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #779 on: <08-11-15/1214:50> »
Things are close enough to an even-keel that I feel comfortable starting this game back up.  Everybody still on board?  I know it's been awhile, so if it needs to die, that's understandable.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal