NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #495 on: <04-14-15/0150:21> »
Looks like 8-bit is on hiatus for the moment. Shall we proceed to the exit or would the next steps benefit from full attendance?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #496 on: <04-14-15/0822:15> »
Looks like 8-bit is on hiatus for the moment. Shall we proceed to the exit or would the next steps benefit from full attendance?

Let's go ahead and move forward.  I'll put an IC up later this morning.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #497 on: <04-15-15/0244:42> »
Achak is only Logic 2, so I might be taking undue liberties with the language of his message to Duncan Abbey, but I rolled well on an Etiquette test so I decided to let it rip:

Charisma 4 + Etiquette 5: 9d6t5 5 hits, Social Limit 6

I don't even know if Duncan speaks in High English, but from his rather refined description I figured it was a possibility. And if he doesn't, then I guess Achak doesn't know him that well. Perhaps he and Achak share an affection for Classical and Baroque music. I can imagine Duncan enjoying Handel and Purcell.

It doesn't look like anyone has a camera listed on their character sheets, so perhaps it's not possible to take a photo and send it to Duncan, but I was guessing the Eli has at least one (or a drone with one) somewhere in his bag of tricks.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #498 on: <04-15-15/0623:31> »
It doesn't look like anyone has a camera listed on their character sheets, so perhaps it's not possible to take a photo and send it to Duncan, but I was guessing the Eli has at least one (or a drone with one) somewhere in his bag of tricks.

I was under the impression most commlinks had a camera.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #499 on: <04-15-15/1043:43> »
That's true, yes.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #500 on: <04-15-15/1309:31> »

I was under the impression most commlinks had a camera.

This is my impression as well.  I read the cameras in SR 5 as being high quality, longer range type devices, whereas a commlink camera is roughly equivalent to a cellphone camera -- obviously.  In other words, a close up shot of the painting is easy enough. 

So, Abbey is available in about 12 hours.  Where to now?

@8-bit and @Tecumseh, what are some foods or drinks that your character is particularly fond of?

As for 8-bit's absence, I guess we should just play this with Stake being a bit on the groggy/unconscious side for a bit?  He can recommend one of his apartments for the team to stay in should you guys want to stay together, or the painting could be dropped off at the extra secure storage facility, and the team could go its separate ways until tomorrow morning? 

Elijah will expect his ¥ to be transferred within 24 hours.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #501 on: <04-15-15/1445:49> »
It looks like Stake has a decent (Medium lifestyle) condo. Achak has a Low lifestyle in Seattle. Sister Rebecca, being new in town, will need lodging.

I'm not 100% clear what standard procedure would be in this case. I'm guessing we're not being pursued, but there's always a chance that Higher Powers will connect the dots and come after the painting, if it is indeed worth anything. Achak also has a gangland hideout/safehouse in Puyallup for laying low. It's not nice (squatter) but it's secure and he has the relevant gang boss as a contact. It's in the Puyallup Barrens.

I also don't know if the social convention is to stay together until the job is done (i.e. bounties redeemed, booty fenced) or if there's enough history and trust between Stake and Achak to make that unnecessary. I envision there being a trust between them, but perhaps Sister Rebecca feels differently.

Achak would certainly like to clean up. Who knows if the squatter place is going to have water at any given time, and odds are it won't be hot. Plus, it's December, so things aren't exactly balmy outside. I'm also guessing that he and Sister Rebecca would like to attend church in the morning - probably an 8am service, concluding well before the appointed meeting time - but I don't know how picky Sister Rebecca will be about where she worships. Achak is flexible enough that he would accept an invitation from Stake, but perhaps Sister Rebecca would prefer to squat, per her nomadic tendencies.

Achak's favorite food is Indian fry bread, with either sweet or savory toppings. If sweet, he would eat it with soykaf. (Real coffee would be wiz, but he probably thinks that ¥50/cup is an unconscionable luxury.) With savory fry bread, I can imagine him drinking a cola-flavored Slurpee-doo. In my head, he has a sweet tooth. He probably loves NERPS. He also grew up with orks, which probably means that's he's used to bold flavors that would make most of us gag.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #502 on: <04-15-15/1612:24> »
I don't know that I can comment on what standard protocol would be in this case, though I imagine you're mostly looking for team input.  I think there are a lot of completely rational and appropriate ways to play it.  I imagine that Stake and Achak have worked with one another enough to part ways and meet up in the morning.  Elijah is confident enough in the team's rep to wait until later to get paid, so that says something of your collective reputation.

There are plenty of churches in the area, as well as one affiliated with the clergy that Sister Rebecca is associated with.  I would imagine that she would prefer that, but it's completely up to Poindexter on Becca's feelings there. 

I would think that since this will be the first time Sister Rebecca has met Duncan Abbey in person that Stake would prefer for her to be "refreshed" from the run, so if I need to NPC Stake in 8-bit's absence, he might casually reference his middle lifestyle lodgings as the most appropriate location to get a night's sleep and a hot shower. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #503 on: <04-15-15/1811:31> »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #504 on: <04-16-15/1228:49> »
So, any ideas on where to spend the night before I just have Stake make a call?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #505 on: <04-16-15/1353:03> »
Slumber party at Stake's place!

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #506 on: <04-16-15/1820:53> »
Is this game gonna die now too cause of 8-bit?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #507 on: <04-16-15/1825:29> »
Is this game gonna die now too cause of 8-bit?

This game isn't going to die. Still moving along slowly to give 8-bit the chance to jump back in, but we will keep moving forward. Grotto1 has a nice stable of runners in the wings if needed.

But it's only been a few days, so maybe he'll be back soon.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #508 on: <04-18-15/1533:48> »
IC post is up. I might do another tomorrow to say what Achak does next, but I didn't want this one to get longer.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #509 on: <04-20-15/1511:01> »
I've got a nasty deadline looming over my head so I will be unable to post until tomorrow. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal