NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #465 on: <04-04-15/2317:47> »
Stake's waiting to see if Sister Rebecca is going to do it. He's keeping a close eye on the girl to make sure she doesn't do anything, but he's waiting to see how the Sister reacts. This is, after all, about as difficult of a target to kill on sight as is possible.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #466 on: <04-05-15/0000:06> »
Executing the child. (Agi 8 + Blades 4 + spec 2 + focus 3): 17d6t5 7

accuracy 6, so I only lose 1 hit. that's 7p -2ap
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #467 on: <04-05-15/0011:04> »
Alright, that's enough to do whatever kind of hit you were looking to do with lethal consequences. Feel free to RP how that played out.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #468 on: <04-05-15/0014:29> »
Alright, that's enough to do whatever kind of hit you were looking to do with lethal consequences. Feel free to RP how that played out.

That seemed ... too easy. My metagaming senses are going crazy at the moment.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #469 on: <04-05-15/0015:51> »

Maybe it's a milk run  ;D
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #470 on: <04-05-15/0018:54> »

As are mine.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #471 on: <04-05-15/0036:17> »
IC post up
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #472 on: <04-05-15/0234:45> »

As are mine.

Rednblack told us that this was basically a training mission to learn the mechanics of vampires, to figure out what our characters are capable of, and learn how to work together. To wit:

I'm dropping you guys right in the beginning of a run.  Happy hunting.

OOC, this is partly to get a handle on the mechanics of NPCing vampires, and their abilities.  We should get some good plot development too, as well as seeing how this crew will act as a team.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a milk run, but rather a successful training run. Hopefully I can improve my rolling rate from 28% when the opposition gets stiffer.

Happy Easter, everyone. Also, happy 3-month game anniversary.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #473 on: <04-05-15/0333:49> »
I feel like taking the painting would count as stealing.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #474 on: <04-05-15/1144:28> »
Sounds like good RP. Go ahead and IC post and Achak will respond with his perspective.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #475 on: <04-05-15/1202:19> »
Ok, I consider myself OOC to have 0 ranks in the Info: Painting skill (Like Becca), but even I know who Manet is. Would it be reasonable to assume Becca does as well?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #476 on: <04-06-15/0141:09> »
I might give myself 1 point in the Paintings knowledge skill, but I had no idea it was Manet. Achak similarly has no clue.

I don't know what people's familiarity with the Bible is OOCly. Achak is quoting Matthew 6:26 to Sister Rebecca. The story of Samson is from Judges 14:19. (Ashkelon was a Philistine town.)

I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes by Benjamin Franklin: "So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable Creature, since it enables one to find or make a Reason for everything one has a mind to do." (emphasis his)

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #477 on: <04-06-15/1120:44> »
Ok, I consider myself OOC to have 0 ranks in the Info: Painting skill (Like Becca), but even I know who Manet is. Would it be reasonable to assume Becca does as well?

I'll kind of leave that up to you.  As you pointed out, even someone with a 0 in Painting will know some names, and recognize some pictures.  On the other hand, I would imagine that people growing up in the 6th world outside of corp schooling are probably going to be less well versed in arts and antiquities from the 5th world, though the church schooling that Becca got may be more likely to put some focus on that stuff -- hearkening back to an earlier era and all.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that "The surprised Nymph" is not one of Manet's better known pieces in our day, for whatever that's worth.

@Tecumseh, I think I remember reading somewhere that people with high IQs are actually more likely to buy into "batshit crazy" type beliefs because they can be so adept at justifying them.  I think there can be a lot of truth to that.  Also, happy 3 month anniversary for this game.  Hope you guys are enjoying it.  I know I'm having a good time.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #478 on: <04-06-15/2217:25> »
im gonna go with she doesn't recognize it.
After all, I wouldnt have known it was a Manet just from looking at it. I had to look it up. But I HAVE heard of Manet. If the name comes up, I'm gonna play it like Becca recognizes it, too.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #479 on: <04-07-15/1046:44> »
Can I do a quick perception check on the painting to make sure it isn't trapped or anything? Stake's going to take it off the wall (times have been tough, after all, and art sometimes sells), but he wants to check that it's not going to completely kill him, if he does.

Edit: I'll just make it now. If I don't get any information, Stake's going to pull it off anyway.

Perception (6) + Intuition (5) + Specialization (2) + Vision Enhancement (3) - Wounds (1): 15d6t5 3 [1, 4, 4, 1, 1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 6, 6, 1, 3, 5, 2]

I don't know if Perception is even the correct skill for this, but it's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: <04-07-15/1120:36> by 8-bit »