Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

SnS Rocket?

(1/4) > >>

Aria:
I’ve vague recollections of something similar in past editions but is there an anti-vehicle electrical discharge type war head somewhere in SR5? If not how would you stat it?

Thanks

firebug:
That doesn't exist in SR5 as far as I know.  Perhaps an earlier edition?  There are anti-vehicle rockets, but they aren't electrical discharge, they're just powerful explosives.

Strictly speaking, I don't think that kind of thing exists.  As far as I know, in Shadowrun only magic can create ball lightning, which is why there's no electric-damage explosives.  Of course, I could be missing something and be totally wrong, in which case someone will chime in.

A long-range, vehicle-disabling electric weapon sounds like it'd probably just be a powerful sniper rifle with stick-n-shock rounds, which will brick a vehicle in two hits regardless of how much armor it has, unless the vehicle is protected against electric damage.  As for an AoE version, it probably isn't possible outside of a really-high Force Ball Lightning spell.

Or some awful Spirit of Air just causing thunder storms and melting tanks, but that's a bit different.

Spooky:
All the way back in First ed (as best I recall), there was the ElectroShock weaponry, specifically designed for anti-rigger work. The fluff even used the cooking egg analogy: "This is your rigger. This is your rigger on ElectroShock. Any questions?"

Sphinx:
Electricity damage converts to physical when applied to electronic equipment or drones. Any time a drone takes electricity damage, it also takes secondary Matrix damage equal to half the physical damage rounded down. (see "Electricity Damage," SR5, p.171). If a rigger is jumped into the drone, the Matrix damage affects his persona and primary device (commlink or RCC).

PiXeL01:
I’m pretty sure both SR2 and SR3 has such ordinance in the Rigger books.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version