NEWS

Wireless Datajack

• 37 Replies

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #30 on: <06-19-15/0655:47> »
It is enough of a question that the Missions FAQ specifically states that a data jack has wireless DNI.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

NovaHot1

• Chummer
  • Kind when I can be. Bastard when I have to be.
« Reply #31 on: <06-20-15/2028:09> »
It is enough of a question that the Missions FAQ specifically states that a data jack has wireless DNI.

Thanks for being the first person to actually answer the asked question. My hat's off to you, chummer.
Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <06-21-15/0505:13> »
NovaHot1,
Core clearly state that Datajack provide DNI (p. 222) and core clearly state that you can link DNI wireless (p. 163).

Since the two entries are spread apart it might be possible to miss; hence Mission added it in their FAQ
...but how you still can argue (after 3 pages) that core doesn't say that Datajack provide DNI and/or that DNI cannot be linked wireless is, to be honest, rather ignorant.

Did you maybe miss a word when reading the description of Datajack (p. 452) when it clarified that it also (as in addition to wireless) comes with a cable that let you directly interface....?
« Last Edit: <06-21-15/0508:01> by Xenon »

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <06-21-15/0556:07> »
NovaHot1,
Core clearly state that Datajack provide DNI (p. 222) and core clearly state that you can link DNI wireless (p. 163).

Since the two entries are spread apart it might be possible to miss; hence Mission added it in their FAQ
...but how you still can argue (after 3 pages) that core doesn't say that Datajack provide DNI and/or that DNI cannot be linked wireless is, to be honest, rather ignorant.

Did you maybe miss a word when reading the description of Datajack (p. 452) when it clarified that it also (as in addition to wireless) comes with a cable that let you directly interface....?

Cause he's just being an ass at this point.... the troll period ended somewhere in the middle of the 1st page after all the relevant information had been quoted with pg numbers & text. Nobody can be that stupid without a mandated helmet to continue to argue about it except through deliberate obstinacy.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <07-01-15/1512:45> »
Antennaes are in the new chrome book 0.1 for 500 reduces noise by 1 for each one implanted (max 3)

NovaHot1

• Chummer
  • Kind when I can be. Bastard when I have to be.
« Reply #35 on: <07-01-15/1531:07> »
NovaHot1,

Cause he's just being an ass at this point.... the troll period ended somewhere in the middle of the 1st page after all the relevant information had been quoted with pg numbers & text. Nobody can be that stupid without a mandated helmet to continue to argue about it except through deliberate obstinacy.
Don't know how I just saw this. But no. There have been discussions of how the rules can be interpreted, but since I know we can all read, I'll point again to what I had said previously that it doesn't say specifically that it is wireless DNI. At most, it is implied. Not until The Masked Ferret pointed it out in the Missions FAQ.  Thanks again, Ferret.

Thanks, Rooks. I'll check that out too when I get home.
Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <07-01-15/1556:58> »
SR5 p. 222 Direct Neural Interface
You get DNI by ... having an implanted datajack ...

SR5 p. 163 Change Linked Device Mode
... on any device that he is linked to by a direct neural interface through either a wired or wireless link.
« Last Edit: <07-01-15/1558:47> by Xenon »

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <07-04-15/2045:40> »
SR5 p. 222 Direct Neural Interface
You get DNI by ... having an implanted datajack ...

SR5 p. 163 Change Linked Device Mode
... on any device that he is linked to by a direct neural interface through either a wired or wireless link.

I shouldn't say anything since I was already warned for my post in this thread but I can't help myself. It seems some can read better than others. Like I said... all the relevant information has already been quoted with page numbers & text. Why are you still trying to argue this point? Did you not read any of the responses from 4 or 5 people who tried to help?