NEWS

Sixth Ed Distribution

• 22 Replies

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #15 on: <06-17-19/1324:24> »
Annoying part of dates is that I don't know when the NDAs expire... -,- Ahwell, I'll just shut up about Beginner Box until I know for sure it's out there in the open.

Considering there has already been a public unboxing video, what aspects of the Beginner Box are you not allowed to talk about?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <06-18-19/0102:50> »
Errata discussions? General comparison debates? Honestly I got no idea, but since it hasn't reached the streets yet, rather safe than sorry. I'd rather not be the one that is turned into an example for others.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #17 on: <06-19-19/1146:27> »
Annoying part of dates is that I don't know when the NDAs expire... -,- Ahwell, I'll just shut up about Beginner Box until I know for sure it's out there in the open.

If there was not a fixed date in the NDA you signed.... then the fixed expiry date for an NDA is one day after you die...

(Be careful with NDAs... They can really bite you deep! I'm still under dozens of NDAs...) 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #18 on: <06-19-19/1209:08> »
What if you get resurrected?

Hmm I wonder how dnd lawyers deal with that.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <06-19-19/1351:34> »

If there was not a fixed date in the NDA you signed.... then the fixed expiry date for an NDA is one day after you die...

(Be careful with NDAs... They can really bite you deep! I'm still under dozens of NDAs...)

If I remember correctly.
When it comes to a Product NDA, the effects expire 1 business week after the product content has become public knowledge unless otherwise outlined in the NDA.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #20 on: <06-19-19/1450:05> »

If I remember correctly.
When it comes to a Product NDA, the effects expire 1 business week after the product content has become public knowledge unless otherwise outlined in the NDA.

That could be. I deal in "Process", "Design" and "I.P" NDAs all the time due to Construction contracts....
All I will say is; If you believe the Corp lawyers, every corp has a patented way to boil an egg, and if you tell another corp how they do it, you'll be old and grey before you see the outside of a court room.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #21 on: <06-20-19/2109:43> »
Most of the NDAs I have to deal with (industrial/aerospace) have clause that anything that is "public knowledge" falls outside the NDA.

Since the Beginner Boxes have been sold to the public, and people have been posting pictures of the contents, I would say you are now in "public knowledge" territory, same as the Streetpedia. I don't think you'll be able to discuss the core book, but any rules contained in the Beginner Box should be fair game.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <06-21-19/0529:54> »
Most of the NDAs I have to deal with (industrial/aerospace) have clause that anything that is "public knowledge" falls outside the NDA.

Since the Beginner Boxes have been sold to the public, and people have been posting pictures of the contents, I would say you are now in "public knowledge" territory, same as the Streetpedia. I don't think you'll be able to discuss the core book, but any rules contained in the Beginner Box should be fair game.

Perhaps, but it may be better to ask someone from Catalyst with the authority first, just to be legally safe.