NEWS

Suggest me Shadowrun novels or comics!

• 9 Replies

fetito666

• Newb
« on: <04-27-16/0007:01> »
hey! Could someone please recommend me some Shadowrun-like novels or comics?

Thank you!

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #1 on: <04-27-16/0019:36> »
The only thing "like" Shadowrun is Shadowrun. Of the Shadowrun novels out there, can't go wrong with 2XS

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <04-27-16/0039:42> »
Not a novel, but go find the old Universal Brotherhood - Missing Blood and Bug City sourcebooks.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-27-16/0128:51> »
 Neromancer  by William Gibson . It's the book that pretty much started the whole cyberpunk genre.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-27-16/0142:00> »
Snow Crash, by Neal Stephenson

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-27-16/0347:29> »
If you're looking for cyberpunk style novels, then this is a pretty good list:

http://www.members.tripod.com/the_afghan/bib.html

(I'm a book junky but I've not read even half of them, so I can't vouch for quality)

The issue you may have with finding SR books/ comics is the awakening, which is unique to shadowrun.
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <04-27-16/0610:39> »
There is a French Shadowrun news blog: Fondation Draco. They regularly have suggestions for comics ("bandes-dessinées") that can be found here: http://fondationdraco.fr/category/les-ombres/bandes-dessinees/ Most are English I think. If you can find your way around the French some of the blog articles have a section "Inspiration Shadowrun" that explains the Shadowrun-compatible themes.

(You didn't ask for those but they also have categories for video games / jeux vidéo, films and short films / courts-métrages.)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <04-27-16/0919:53> »
And if we're expanding into other media, you can't go wrong with some Ghost in the Shell in your life.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-28-16/1154:11> »
My favorite Shadowrun novels are the ones by Tom Dowd, Nigel Findley, Michael Stackpole, Mel Odom, Steve Kenson, and (more recently) Russell Zimmerman. Outside of actual Shadowrun fiction, I strongly recommend A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin, and its sequels. And I'll second Crimsondude's recommendation of Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-28-16/1813:37> »
The very first cyberpunk novel I read, once I realized there was such a genre, was Hardwired; it's still one of my favorite books in the genre. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardwired_(novel)