NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3135 on: <11-04-15/1447:50> »
Hold fire hero... You'll need to resist the incoming sniper fire first!!!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3136 on: <11-04-15/1501:20> »
Oh, I assumed I was the first with Ini 31

Combat Sense gives me a Perception test not to be surprised: Perception(Visual): 18d6t5 6[18d6t5=5, 4, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 2, 2, 4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 2, 2]
Surprise Test to react on my full Ini:
REA+INT(3) +3 if alerted somehow
Surprise Test: 19d6t5 4 [19d6t5=2, 3, 3, 1, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6, 1, 4]
Barely made it.

If necessary I'll take Full Defense:
REA 9 + INT 7 + Combat Sense 1 (+ WIL 5)
Dodge: 22d6t5 10[22d6t5=4, 5, 6, 5, 1, 5, 5, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 6, 5, 1, 5, 3]
So either 7 or 10 successes to avoid the sniper fire.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3137 on: <11-05-15/1625:03> »
@CoP:

Actions
1/1
2x Missile fire
Isaint knocks one missile off course
Jackhammer misses 2nd
Al shoos Spike out and starts driving

1/2
Missile 2 hits the limo despite follow car's efforts
1 x Missile fire, 1 x FA burst on Isaint's position
Isaint shoots missile
Jackhammer misses drone (you need a range finder or vision mag or something for shots like this!!! or edge it?)
Car moves towards limo
Lorry moves towards Al's van
Al rams the lorry, takes 3 stun, driver unconscious, vehicle takes 8 damage, autopilot cruises it to a stop…passengers?!?

1/3
1 x Missile fire, 1 x FA burst on Isaint's position (misses again!)
Isaint shoots drone out of the sky
2 soldiers emerge from the lorry, L Milspec armour
Al’s van…please resist damage from FN HAR [A5(7), 10P, -6AP, SA/BF/FA, R2] 6 hits &
Auto-Assault 16 [A4(6), 15P, –2AP, SA/BF/FA, R2( 8 )] 5 hits!!! 14 of 20 boxes of damage!
Frenchman shoots Beetle 1AR: 4 hits DV10 AP-5 -2def(cancels cover mod), minor damage

2/1
Missile hits follow car, eTher knocked back again, unidentified gunmen from car knocked over
Isaint shoots second drone out of the sky
Frenchman shoots Beetle 2Shot: 5 hits DV10 AP-5 -2def(cancels cover mod), moderate damage
Beetle 1 shoots at Al inside the van cab (blind fire, Al adds to def +4 cover, +3 vehicle, -2 restricted space, -2BF, -wnd mods, +combat sense etc), 3 hits with assault rifle, but I doubt it will actually result in damage given you get to add vehicle armour after your likely impressive reaction+intuition roll…
Beetle 2 retreats out of sight
Al driving towards limo/exit?!?
Jackhammer fires explosive arrow at Beetle 1, major damage

2/2
Al & Frenchman at limo/crash site
Isaint shoots through car at Beetle 2, major damage
Beetle 2 shoots air burst mini HE grenade to a point 3m above ground above Isaint’s location [16P, –2AP, –2DV /m]
Jackhammer rips door off limo
Roadmaster swings into view off M40, deploys rotadrones

2/3
Isaint shoots down the two drones
Jackhammer drags William out
Frenchman & Al ‘talk’ to Spooks
Spooks wave their guns about and look pissed at being ignored
Isaint has to dodge incoming sniper fire (twice so I’ll need a second roll at -1 please), the first one missed by the way
Roadmaster ‘vomits’ out more troops than you care to see!

2/4

3/1

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3138 on: <11-05-15/1632:14> »
Going on full defense: Drop Ini to 21
Dodge 2: 21d6t5 5 [21d6t5=1, 2, 4, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4, 3, 6, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 6, 5, 4, 1]

Edit: Scratch that. I can't go on full defense if those shots come at the end of round 2
So it's only 3 successes
Seems like my luck is running out...

Can you tell me if it's worth spending edge to avoid the shot?
« Last Edit: <11-05-15/1641:13> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3139 on: <11-05-15/1717:20> »
Oh yes!!!

adamu

« Reply #3140 on: <11-05-15/1757:13> »
@Pistol - dude, loved your story over on the other site - love to see more...

BrutusAurelius

• Newb
« Reply #3141 on: <11-05-15/2218:15> »
Hello there, I am new to Shadowrun, but not play by post roleplaying. I am working on creating a 5e character with the Street Level rules, and I was hoping that there was room here for me to join? 
Hoi chummer, what can I do for ya? Just remember, I don't work for free.

Daniel Torres Character Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-CcIT4zJJPPrbNINojlN-qwMYz3deEVj1NFtBwGu_4/edit?usp=sharing

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3142 on: <11-06-15/0346:27> »
Oh yes!!!

Well in that case:
Edge Reroll (Dodge): 13d6t5 5

Total 8 Successes

1/5 Edge remaining

Also about changing position: Technically it's been 6 seconds since Isaint started shooting  ;D
But I get the hint ;)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3143 on: <11-06-15/0755:28> »
Hello there, I am new to Shadowrun, but not play by post roleplaying. I am working on creating a 5e character with the Street Level rules, and I was hoping that there was room here for me to join?
Tribal Beats is a 'street level' game, although the character gen was 'normal runners' with a 'suggested' cap on availability (10) and magic/resonance (around 4).  You'd be very welcome to join us!  If you fancy the challenge you can even bring along a street rat  ;D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3144 on: <11-06-15/0811:26> »
Oh yes!!!

Well in that case:
Edge Reroll (Dodge): 13d6t5 5

Total 8 Successes

1/5 Edge remaining

Also about changing position: Technically it's been 6 seconds since Isaint started shooting  ;D
But I get the hint ;)
Phew, skin of your teeth on that one!  8hits vs 8 dodge...so you feel the round skim your head!!!  Yes, these guys are good, even if it doesn't particularly look like it so far :P

So modified pass looks like this:

2/3
Isaint shoots down the two drones
Jackhammer drags William out
Frenchman ‘talks’ to Spooks
Al drags William inside the van
Spooks wave their guns about and look pissed at being ignored
Isaint has to dodge incoming sniper fire (twice so I’ll need a second roll at -1 please), both miss, just!!!  Not much edge left though!
Roadmaster ‘vomits’ out more troops than you care to see!
« Last Edit: <11-06-15/0814:36> by Aria »

BrutusAurelius

• Newb
« Reply #3145 on: <11-06-15/0937:51> »
Tribal Beats is a 'street level' game, although the character gen was 'normal runners' with a 'suggested' cap on availability (10) and magic/resonance (around 4).  You'd be very welcome to join us!  If you fancy the challenge you can even bring along a street rat  ;D

OK, once I finish up my sheet I will join in there! Is there any special procedure I need to go into it, or do I need to wait until the runner team is on break, or something along those lines?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-CcIT4zJJPPrbNINojlN-qwMYz3deEVj1NFtBwGu_4/edit?usp=sharing

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3146 on: <11-06-15/1007:02> »
@BrutusAurelius
If you read up, you'll see that one half of the team just returned from an errant and has spotted some miscreants outside the perimeter. We have alerted the base, so it would not be amiss if they sent someone out to investigate ;)

@Aria
Just for your info, I just purchased Perfect Time for 10 karma, so I now don't just now the right time but also have two free actions available, so I can sprint and give commands to my agent.
Until the end of round three I'll be without any wireless while my gear reboots.
Afterwards, the agent goes on full defense for my PAN with smoke and mirrors on full + area jammer on. The poncho is at the moment only providing -3 to enemy perception due to movement (but thermal dampening is on full).

Tell me if I need to roll stealth to break line of sight.
Also who or what just shot at me?
« Last Edit: <11-06-15/1032:24> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #3147 on: <11-06-15/1046:47> »
I guess I'll roll up some round 3 initiative.
initiative 3d6+12 21 [3d6=4, 3, 2]

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3148 on: <11-06-15/1232:27> »
@BrutusAurelius
If you read up, you'll see that one half of the team just returned from an errant and has spotted some miscreants outside the perimeter. We have alerted the base, so it would not be amiss if they sent someone out to investigate ;)
Exactly that!  Post your build / backstory here and then you are good to post straight into the IC (links at the beginning of this thread).  Do you have an Obsidian Portal account?  When you get one I can invite you to the campaign page there too!
@Aria
Just for your info, I just purchased Perfect Time for 10 karma, so I now don't just now the right time but also have two free actions available, so I can sprint and give commands to my agent.
Until the end of round three I'll be without any wireless while my gear reboots.
Afterwards, the agent goes on full defense for my PAN with smoke and mirrors on full + area jammer on. The poncho is at the moment only providing -3 to enemy perception due to movement (but thermal dampening is on full).

Tell me if I need to roll stealth to break line of sight.
Also who or what just shot at me?
Well I've already told you they were aerial drones with sniper rifle attachments, came from the east, could be anywhere up to 1.5km away, probably ruthemium coated and heat masked (yes I know that's SR4 stuff but the new edition didn't erase the tech :P), for firing a sniper rifle it would probably need to be something that can be stationary, so a gas bag or rotadrone...  so it's going to be damn hard to see!

There's not a huge amount of cover but you can make a stealth check if you like...!  They were homing in on your muzzle flashes and radio signals so moving will do something to breaking that 'lock' on you... but they are running a tacnet, so if one of them can see you...

BrutusAurelius

• Newb
« Reply #3149 on: <11-06-15/1312:11> »
@BrutusAurelius
Exactly that!  Post your build / backstory here and then you are good to post straight into the IC (links at the beginning of this thread).  Do you have an Obsidian Portal account?  When you get one I can invite you to the campaign page there too!

@Aria

I do not have an Obsidian Portal account. My character sheet is posted below in a link in my signature. By build, I do you mean my main combat gear and stats? As for backstory, here we go:

Daniel "The Kid" Torres was born in the Seattle sprawl to a Troll mother and an Ork father. He was born in a slum controlled by the local ork gang, the Fangs. The Fangs were a pretty decent street gang, protecting their own, be it people in the gang or the people in their turf. Daniel grew up around plenty of ork kids, with the occasional troll or human mixed in. He loved watching old movies, especially Westerns. His favorite characters were usually the desperados, and Billy the Kid was his favorite, so when the gangers took to calling him the Kid, the nickname stuck. As he got older, he started doing some odd jobs for the gang and the smugglers that the gang worked with. He would be used as muscle to guard a warehouse the smugglers used to stash the goods before they were moved out deeper into the city. He earned some decent money from that job, and once Daniel was proven to be useful, they gave him harder jobs, such as helping hunt down gang enemies. He is still friendly with the gang, but he shadowruns because he wanted to make some serious nuyen.
« Last Edit: <11-06-15/1317:30> by BrutusAurelius »