NEWS

Mitsuhama: Rose Garden

• 11 Replies

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« on: <03-19-11/2146:06> »
Your thoughts on what "One of Mitsuhama's pet biotech projects" (CG pg 110+) is...
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <03-19-11/2215:23> »
Proof that being an "Out Of The Closet" Technomancer is still not a healthy thing.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #2 on: <03-20-11/1810:38> »
Halberstams revenge.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

MK Ultra

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-22-11/0648:19> »
It seems the 'Rose Garden' is MCTīs technomancer research project. Aparently they are using pretty invasive methods there ... as CanRay hinted at.

The Harvesting the Thorns reference would mean (to me, at least) that they are using the dissonant TMs, while they are taking apart the resonant once. In my interpretation, it is also hinted at, that they may employ PAX or some other members of Ex Pacis in this project, she was nack deep into Otaku-research before the crash, after all.

Iīm not sure where the Halberstam refference comes from, though it makes sense. I remember reading some other name for MCTīs top TM-vivisectionist in Emergence, but maybe that was an alias?

Edited for propper Cehnehdiehns - sry couldnt resist ;)
« Last Edit: <03-22-11/1013:52> by MK Ultra »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <03-22-11/0958:25> »
It's CanRay thank you very much.  One word, with an "Eh" like a proper Canadian.   :P

Halberstam was involved with the early part of it, using a pseudonym that was an anagram of his name.  Like FastJack, I was wondering where I had seen that before...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #5 on: <03-22-11/1254:12> »
Halberstam = Project Matrix Born director back in pre-Otaku days. Basically he had a bunch of children's brains wired up in jars growing up with the matrix as the only 'real world' they knew (I believe this was part of the Threats sourcebook).

Halberstam was THE hot egghead to have around the time otaku started popping up, due to him having the most understanding of 'how the hell is this possible and how can we exploit it'. When he got extracted by I-forget-who, he changed his name to Shalbermat, an anagram of his old name.

Dr. Shalbermat would turn up as the project head of MCT's technomancer research program, then later die in 2070 at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Hong Kong
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #6 on: <03-22-11/1457:51> »
We don't really know if he's dead or not. He might just have been really f'ed up. Pax is another suspect who I admittedly didn't think of. What was Friday's specialty again? I still think she's bumming around with Pax.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <03-22-11/1603:15> »
Dr. Shalbermat would turn up as the project head of MCT's technomancer research program, then later die in 2070 at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Hong Kong
Never believe someone is dead until you've ripped their skull out and beaten them to death with it while they're screaming "THIS DOESN'T SEEM PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!!!"

Fatality.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-22-11/1705:05> »
What was Friday's specialty again? I still think she's bumming around with Pax.
Is she?

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #9 on: <03-22-11/1717:24> »
My pet theory anyway, someone's gonna write otherwise to spite me.
la vida no vale nada

MK Ultra

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-23-11/0649:48> »
I donīt know. Winternight in general was very much anti-Matrix and Fry in particular had a pathological fear of the matrix.

I think I remember that there was a rather big controversy in the group whether to ally with ExPacis or not, to destroy the matrix (Pax didnīt tell them, that she really wanted to change it, but not destroy it, IIRC) - though I donīt recall, who was on which side of the discussion.

They had this Berserker & God BTLs going on, but otherwise they didnīt do anything matrix related, to the point that they wouldnīt even use it for communication of any kind. Winternights other technical fields of interest where Drones (their primary means of communication, by remote delivery of datachips) and WMDs (nukes, Surtr nanites & Ymir chemical agents).

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-24-11/0756:34> »
The Rose Garden could be a Ryumyo-instigated project, given that MCT is the closest-affiliated of the mega-Japanacorps.  Still, it partially seems like an attempt to recoup losses after the Hong Kong hospital travesty.