NEWS

Scariest Gun Contest!

• 78 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-17-10/1503:49> »
I wasn't speaking about you, but it doesn't matter. As long as this is game legal it doesn't matter how well the rules cover it.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <09-17-10/1610:44> »
I wasn't speaking about you, but it doesn't matter. As long as this is game legal it doesn't matter how well the rules cover it.
Well i certainly wasn't trying to be rude, just pointing out that, yes by the rules you can have an automatic grenade launcer, but there aren't any kind of rules for using one.
Well i quess technically you just use the normal burst/auto fire rules like everything else, but thats just a little bit silly.

And ofcource it matters how well the rules cover it, i mean being hit by 10 grenades is a whole lot scarier then just being hit with one that has +9 to damage(going by the two possible ways to handle that gun nut provided)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <09-17-10/1640:22> »
And of course it matters how well the rules cover it, i mean being hit by 10 grenades is a whole lot scarier then just being hit with one that has +9 to damage(going by the two possible ways to handle that gun nut provided)

You are right. It does matter, however, is there really any way to resolve whether it's one way or the other?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <09-17-10/1646:25> »
You are right. It does matter, however, is there really any way to resolve whether it's one way or the other?
Trictly by the rules it the last one, as there are only one set of rules for burst/auto fire, but thats extremly silly set of rules to use for a burst of grenades. ;D
"An it harm none, do what you will"

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-18-10/1245:13> »
It's the simplest set, to be sure.  Like I said earlier, I'd prefer to have a single attack roll and roll deviation from center for each grenade.  Of course, I'm looking for maximum saturation, here.  It is, however, the slowest method.

Now that I've thought about it a bit more, just using the burst fire rules as-is would be the quickest solution (not necessarily the best).  That way the burst fire can increase the damage and thus the explosive radius, or decrease their defense since you are spraying the area with high explosives.  You can also move on more quickly to someone else.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-21-10/0104:37> »
Three guns isn't enough to name a winner. We need more entries.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #36 on: <09-21-10/0138:02> »
Three guns isn't enough to name a winner. We need more entries.
What? Mine don't count? ???

;D

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <09-21-10/0146:41> »
It counts. It just counts as two guns.  :D

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <09-21-10/0526:37> »
MOAR GUNZ!!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Lycus

• Newb
  • "Forgive, but do not forget."
« Reply #39 on: <09-21-10/1520:33> »
Vindicator minigun loaded with flechette ammunition. The Flayer
Many years in the shadows and I still keep coming back for more.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #40 on: <09-21-10/1540:06> »
Not bad.

How about a full-auto rocket launcher?  I'm sure it can be done.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #41 on: <09-21-10/1548:10> »
Not bad.

How about a full-auto rocket launcher?  I'm sure it can be done.
I think you're thinking of a Catapult now... Those forums are over here...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #42 on: <09-21-10/1551:53> »
Hah!  I loved the Catapult.  Of course, I always modded it until it was unrecognizable, but hey.  What fun is keeping things stock?

But let's see.  How about a full-auto grenade launcher, with attached net launcher (modded to fire my monowire nets), and oh I don't know a flamthrower for good measure?

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <09-24-10/1112:13> »
How about an ARES Pred. 4 with an under-barrel laser designator (not a laser pointer).

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <09-25-10/0435:00> »
Thats not really a scary gun. Its just the gun to tell the scary gun where to aim at ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100