NEWS

GM Screen - Chunky Salsa (Blasts in Confined Spaces)

• 7 Replies

GMFunkytown

• Chummer
« on: <04-22-16/0918:40> »
Hoi there chummers!

Got a new GM Screen for you all. This time it's the rules for when explosives go off in small rooms or next to big thick walls. The rule is called "Blasts in Confined Spaces", but we all know it more lovingly as "Chunky Salsa".

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/OlHBLGpPIj0

Adamo1618

« Reply #1 on: <04-25-16/0908:11> »
Great video as usual!

odd

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-25-16/1417:52> »
Now I want to play Tomatoes again.  My gnome with a MMG and an under-barrel grenade launcher.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-26-16/0232:30> »
Just one thing buggs me. A grenade exploding on the ground only does normal damage. If it's in a small room, suddenly the ground becomes reflective as well.

So either you almost always have ground reflection, or it is included in the damage code of the grenade and you get only five walls reflection in the first rebound.
« Last Edit: <04-27-16/0301:08> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-26-16/1830:38> »
Just one thing buggs me. A grenade exploding in the ground only does normal damage. If it's in a small room suddenly, the ground becomes reflective aswell.

So either you almost always have ground reflection, or it is included in the damage code of the grenade and you get only five walls reflection in the first rebound.

Yeah it's bugged me occasionally as well. However remember that unless you have a grenade launcher with a Smartlink and Air-Burst Link to detonate mid air, grenades are going to detonate resting on the floor. There's no rebound off the floor as there's no chance for the shockwave to propagate in that direction.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jahrl Mirkson

• Newb
  • Lurk, lurk, lurk.
« Reply #5 on: <04-27-16/0259:46> »
Pro tip: Durring a forced extraction don't toss stun grenades into your extractee's armored limo.
Ninja vanish!
*BAMF*
*cough**cough**cough*

Missions character: Brick House
Titles: Daddy Killer, Dragon Hacker

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-27-16/0313:22> »
Pro tip: Durring a forced extraction don't toss stun grenades into your extractee's armored limo.

That said, they just have a straight damage radius don't they? They don't decrease over distance like a shockwave, it's just "everyone inside this radius takes this much damage" like with a Stun/Fireball spell.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jahrl Mirkson

• Newb
  • Lurk, lurk, lurk.
« Reply #7 on: <04-27-16/0346:31> »
I do believe that is correct, but they do still bounce.
Being fair they weren't standard flash bangs, they were milgrade stun grenades. An object lesson in using other people's suppliers, I suppose.
« Last Edit: <04-27-16/0421:51> by Jahrl Mirkson »
Ninja vanish!
*BAMF*
*cough**cough**cough*

Missions character: Brick House
Titles: Daddy Killer, Dragon Hacker