NEWS

Armors and Stacking

• 91 Replies

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #60 on: <09-10-10/0447:32> »
Also, some of the Milspec capacity options allow for mods which would regularly make a player take cyberlimbs.
Stuff like cyberarm gyros and foot anchors are a great way to move up to the realm of High Velocity and Minigun firing.

Like, take a Vindicator minigun, drop on a GV3, personalized grip and hip pad brace for 5 RC.  Then take two cyberarm gyros, and two foot anchors for another 8 RC.  Finally, you might need to take the Strength Upgrade enhancement for a final point STR-related recoil reduction, and you're firing 15-round bursts with no recoil penalties. 

14 cumulative RC.  Rock and roll.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #61 on: <09-10-10/0450:56> »
GV is compatible with multi-barrel weapons...? Also, I don't think the Cyberarmgyro installed in both hands gives you double RC. Just use the normal gyro mount.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #62 on: <09-10-10/0743:46> »
GV is compatible with multi-barrel weapons...? Also, I don't think the Cyberarmgyro installed in both hands gives you double RC. Just use the normal gyro mount.

It certainly doesn't say that it can't take Gas Vents.  And Cyberarm gyros are only listed as being incompatible with a regular gyromount harness.  Why wouldn't two points of stabilization be better than one? 

But yeah, it's probably better to just go with the Gyro Harness.  That way you can use the HMG miniguns from the German Arsenal. (which I believe come with gas vents standard. ;))

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <09-10-10/0941:40> »
They would end up fighting each other, unless you had them linked together physically and with the appropriate software.  The gyro harness has that all set up with a much larger gyro, so it becomes somewhat redundant.

And while you can stick gas vent on cyberguns, the venting would stand out and decrease concealability.  One could build it into a cyberarm with an extra slot taken so that the venting doesn't open up until the weapon is deployed.  After all, when you are already shooting at someone, who cares about concealing the gun?

Miniguns do not come with gas venting, but there is nothing saying that one cannot mount it on a minigun.  Probably best to buy six gas vents for the GE minigun, since it has six barrels, just to keep the GM from having fits.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <09-10-10/1258:53> »
Also, I don't think the Cyberarmgyro installed in both hands gives you double RC.
I think it does if the weapon is two handed.
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <09-10-10/1343:50> »
See above.  The gyros would start working against each other unless you created a physical link (beyond just holding the same weapon) and got dedicated software to link them together.  For larger weapons it is easier to just get the gyro mount.

If you wanna John Woo those machine pistols, then the pair of gyro's works just fine.
There is no overkill.

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <09-10-10/1411:58> »
See above.  The gyros would start working against each other unless you created a physical link (beyond just holding the same weapon) and got dedicated software to link them together.
Sorry for your post above, I admit I just had difficulties to understand it.
For the software, can't your PAN just do it ?
And I thought gyros only stabilise an object, and couldn't work against each other since they only cancel forces applied to the object they're sticked on. I have seen recently a movie of an experience in zero gravity where an astronaut put some CD readers together with only some adhesive tap to create a stabilized object : one to three CD readers, and showing at each step how it reacted to a little push. At each step, when pushed, the object couldn't spin in a dimension, At the last step, if pushed, it translated through space without spinning.
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <09-10-10/1416:04> »
The gyros aren't fixed.  They move and react to the motion of the object they are attached to in order to counter its motion.  Or I may be thinking of something else, as while the gyro's "pop out" when activated to negate motion, the entry doesn't specify that the things continue to move as I have assumed.

Will have to revisit this.  I may be entirely wrong in my line of thinking.
There is no overkill.

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <09-10-10/1436:46> »
As far as I understood, they only make very quick rotations, as any basic gryosscope, in order to minimize the object movements, they do not "react" to the object's motion ^^"
But assuming they react to the object's motion in real time, then the other gyro's effect can simply be integrated in the second gyro's reactions, as are all others objects' motions, whatever their source is.
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/1453:18> by anotherJack »

Wraith235

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <09-10-10/1759:58> »
Arsenal page 148

Recoil compensation from an auto-adjusting weight, bipod,
foregrip, gyromount, sling, tripod, or underbarrel weight are
not cumulative with each other (except that the compensa-
tion from a foregrip and sling can be combined into an overall
recoil compensation of 2)

so no ... 2 Gyro in 2 Arms would not work

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #70 on: <09-10-10/1802:54> »
And the rules have spoken!
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <09-10-10/1956:41> »
Gun Nut want to have real fun use two pistol grip shotguns modified with burst fire and a gyro mount in each hand.

Imagine the reaction of others hearing 6 rapid shotgun blasts.

That would convince me to keep my head down
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <09-11-10/1050:25> »
My friend made a John Woo style pistol fighter.  He took two of the Ruger Thunderbolts (the ones that burst fire like super machineguns, except with shorter bursts and no recoil first busrt), smartlinked them, put in a single shot micro-grenade launcher in the underbarrel slot, and focused his skill (in 3rd edition, where the dice pools didn't get as big) so that he could fire each one with a 17+ dice pool for each gun.

He complained once, after downing two guys in really good armor with decent combat pools, that it took two bursts each to kill them instead of one...all in under 0.3 seconds (yes, we calculated that, he was that fast).
There is no overkill.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <09-11-10/2014:35> »
yeah in 3rd edition shooting really well was kind of common, and with the old initiative system the players often nuked all in parts of a second. I knew some sam's that would regularly act 3 times before the mudanes moved. Usually killing 2 each phase.

One of the big reasons I like the new initiative system so much better
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #74 on: <09-12-10/0331:04> »
yeah in 3rd edition shooting really well was kind of common, and with the old initiative system the players often nuked all in parts of a second. I knew some sam's that would regularly act 3 times before the mudanes moved. Usually killing 2 each phase.

One of the big reasons I like the new initiative system so much better

QFT
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100