NEWS

Crazy Character Concepts (AKA The Special Snowflake Compendium)

• 39 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <01-03-16/1830:32> »
Guilty pleasure time! We all know someone who has made a character that is different to the extreme, just for the sake of being different or special. Sometimes we've been that person. Nothing wrong with zany characters, so long as they're more than just a 2D joke. Post the most off-beat character concepts you've made or seen here. Hell, I'll even start it off.

Kitty - A catgirl cat burglar. Yeah, I know. This is why you don't make shadowrun characters while watching anime.
Cassandra - A blind decker, using ultrasound sensors to get around, but primarily focusing on sleazing her way through enemy systems.
Keiko - An AI Street Samurai living in a tricked out Nadeshiko drone.
Snowflake - A cold-adapted adept living and running in Antarctica. Honestly made her as a thought exercise after reading the Hazard Pay book.
Wyrmtongue - A Naga Face/Shaman, with a personality like Leisure Suit Larry. The thought of a 10m long playboy python gives me giggles.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-03-16/1832:49> »
Wyrmtongue - A Naga Face/Shaman, with a personality like Leisure Suit Larry. The thought of a 10m long playboy python gives me giggles.
Extra bonus if you SURGE him, give him Feathers and make sure he's a Feathered Boa.

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <01-03-16/1839:26> »
Boxie - A pixie mage living in a smuggling compartment in the place of the left lung of the groups troll sam.
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <01-03-16/1839:53> »
Extra bonus if you SURGE him, give him Feathers and make sure he's a Feathered Boa.
Actually, I did SURGE him. But I gave him Glamour and Bioluminescent. So it made him even more over the top, and he glowed in the dark. (And yes, I used that 'glow in the dark' bit in character to hit on a mark.)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #4 on: <01-03-16/1919:46> »
Actually started new campaign today with the following:
Human, No Magic, No Cyber.
Made man
Rank 3
CoH Omerta
Hung out to dry
Driven
40 karma worth of contacts
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-03-16/1937:31> »
Made man
Rank 3
CoH Omerta
Hung out to dry
Driven

Bold. 

Snowflake - Albino Wakyambi Adept.  Exclusively uses a Mono whip, "jogs" at about 40 mph and can leap small buildings (two stories) in a single bound. 

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-04-16/0249:03> »
Made man
Rank 3
CoH Omerta
Hung out to dry
Driven

Bold. 

Snowflake - Albino Wakyambi Adept.  Exclusively uses a Mono whip, "jogs" at about 40 mph and can leap small buildings (two stories) in a single bound.

In honor of Shaka I'm going to have to make a Wakyambi that uses the iklwa exclusively.

But as a thought excercise I did create Fancy Derek, the Pimp Daddy 9 CHA Giant.....
« Last Edit: <01-04-16/0250:41> by gradivus »
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

YellowJester

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <01-04-16/1046:29> »
Warren Swarm - a rigger who spent most of his funds on a fleet of Nissan Jackrabbits which he uses to create traffic jams, diversions to escape in an identical one, or hit and runs when guns just aren't cutting it.

Deathclaw - SURGED Troll with Rhino Hide, Nasty Vibe, Razor Claws, and Celerity. Negatives are Deformity Quasimodo, Scares, and Scent Gland (I think that's the final list I went with). Basically, a deathclaw from Fallout as a Shadowrun  character. Way, way too obvious for a runner, but maybe good hired muscle.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-04-16/1207:33> »
Made man
Rank 3
CoH Omerta
Hung out to dry
Driven

Bold. 

In honor of Shaka I'm going to have to make a Wakyambi that uses the iklwa exclusively.

But as a thought excercise I did create Fancy Derek, the Pimp Daddy 9 CHA Giant.....

I built Snowflake as an Adept and as a Cyber option, if you're going with a muscle powered melee weapon the cyber'd version does better.  Used Muscle Replacement 3, Cyberware bio compatibility, and then one of the essence friendly initiative boosters.  Pure gold.  You, can't run as fast because Celerity doesn't stack with augments.  You're just running at around 35mph or so, but I think your overall athleticism gets better because you'll have a higher Str. 

I think you can actually build it on Resources B and Skills D leaving you some silly amounts of Stats and Edge if you're willing to start with *meh* gear and thin skills.

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #9 on: <01-04-16/1224:21> »
Boomer a human mystic adept thats  a street sam at heart, spells include all four spell grenade types. he has a mild addiction to 'Long Haul' plus R-4 'In Debt'.

I am currently playing this character......
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #10 on: <01-04-16/1310:45> »
Boxie - A pixie mage living in a smuggling compartment in the place of the left lung of the groups troll sam.
The levels of awesome inherent in "pixie living in smuggling compartment in other runner" cannot be overstated.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-04-16/1532:02> »
Redcap - a pixie berzerker melee and B&E adept http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=19610.0 Likes to steal teeth from beaten enemies.

PuRE Mma 2.0  An AI face evolved from Horizons "Public Relations and Marketing management intelligence program".
 PuRe: greetings SIr! my data tells me that your kind is 57% less likely to be swayed by logic reasoning, I will therefore skip the fast-talk and instead make a proposition of handing you 100 nuyen if you let my team through the door without making a fuss, I furthermore would like to add that a 100 nuyen bribe is more than adequate for your segment, as your average bribes are more than 29% below the average sprawl dweller, what say you?"
Definitely with the "did you just call me dumb?" quality.
« Last Edit: <01-04-16/1538:51> by DigitalZombie »

odd

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-05-16/0041:04> »
Tomatoes - Gnome adept that uses MMGs, grenade launchers, and teaches karate to kids during the day (so they don't have to worry about sparring someone bigger).

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #13 on: <01-05-16/1248:57> »
Does this have to be FINISHED concepts? I once toyed with making a Adrian Monk Shadowrun character sheet. I got halfway but had no idea what to give him for skills.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-05-16/1514:33> »
(Actually a finished concept that also works quite well:)

Kitsune: A  Fox-Koborokuru-Shapeshifter-Ninja-Adept.

Growing up in rural japanese Enclave of shapeshifters and other outcasts, he got hooked up to pre-trid anime shows involving Ninjas, Samurai and ancient Japanese Lore. Thus, he decided to become a great Ninja as well.

The Fun Part: While he´s got mad some sneaking and fightings skills and the power to shapeshift into his low-profile animal form, he still has a pretty naive and distorted sense of the real world and is treating everyone just like a rustly Ninja/Ronin from one of his favourite shows would do. This basically makes him a covert-ops character with a lot of pink streaks in his mohawk :P