NEWS

Woohoo!

• 34 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <02-11-14/0915:21> »
If I recall the information provided correctly, it's an LCG which does expansions. It kinda sounds like more of a boardgame disguised as cardgame.

That was my understanding too.  And honestly this is what I'm hoping for.  But I know that things can change, and I hope that they don't change too much from the original design.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-11-14/1005:47> »
So is the model for Crossfire more of a Living Card Game or the Collectible Card Game?

LCG. All the way.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-11-14/1010:43> »
So is the model for Crossfire more of a Living Card Game or the Collectible Card Game?

LCG. All the way.

Beautiful.  Just beautiful.  I'm really excited about this.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <02-11-14/1036:18> »
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-11-14/1047:49> »
Beautiful.  Just beautiful.  I'm really excited about this.

Same here. More of my friends skew towards casual gaming, getting people to sit down to play an RPG just doesn't fly. They don't have the time to devote nor the desire to put in the effort to play in a campaign. But a new card game? In a group that loves games like Dominion and Race For The Galaxy? Oh, this one should be well received.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-11-14/1522:20> »
I have my friends that get together every weekend to play Shadowrun tabletop, but I know for a fact that they would be all over this game as well.  We often have times when a person calls in sick or something, but we still want to get our fix.  This might just do it perfectly.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #21 on: <02-12-14/0239:46> »
I pretty much have to buy the main set and check it out. It says Shadowrun after all!
I wonder if it is like dominion/ascension or more like Android:Netrunner.
If it's like the first pair I'll love it!
If it's like the second I'll have to make some difficult choices in the near future ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <02-12-14/1328:19> »
I pretty much have to buy the main set and check it out. It says Shadowrun after all!
I wonder if it is like dominion/ascension or more like Android:Netrunner.
If it's like the first pair I'll love it!
If it's like the second I'll have to make some difficult choices in the near future ...

If you're posting here, man, your an addict like the rest of us!  You'll keep buying!  I know I will.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <02-12-14/2331:01> »
LCG means non randomized boosters, no ultra rares or buying your way to the best decks.  If it has deckbuilding strategy it's a card game, no matter how many tokens and counters it seems to want to use.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <02-12-14/2335:55> »

LCG. All the way.

I was imagining something akin to the Resident Evil deckbuilding game or Legendary rather than the Pathfinder or Game of Thrones card games...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #25 on: <02-13-14/1602:47> »
I was imagining something akin to the Resident Evil deckbuilding game or Legendary rather than the Pathfinder or Game of Thrones card games...
Munchkin?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #26 on: <02-16-14/1334:08> »
How close to the Original Shadowrun Card Game back in the 90s?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #27 on: <02-17-14/0217:18> »
1)  Crossfire is a Deckbuilder Game, not a Living Card Game.

LCG's involve each player buys sets of non-randomized cards, and then building decks from those before the game starts, and once play starts there's not much difference between them and a CCG.  Deckbuilders have each player ultilizing a singular source of cards, and building their decks as they play the game.

2)  It's nothing like the SRTCG from the 90's.

3)  It's a cooperative game.  Each player takes the role of a runner and try to beat challenges and win specific scenarios.

4)  It's closer in general style to Dominion than Netrunner, mainly because of point 1.  Each game always utilizes the same pool of cards, rather than being a bunch of different cards piles you can mix-n-match.

5)  The game is progressive.  That is, each game you can earn karma for your character, and buy skills that give you bonuses for future games.  So, for eaxmple, you might start with more cards or more money each game, or certain cards might be more powerful.  If you've played Pathfinder Deckbuilder, it's a little like that.

6)  There's a Demo Set with stripped down rules and a limited selection of cards that were used to demo the game at Gen Con last year.  CGL also gave a few demo sets away to fans who were playing various Shadowrun games over the weekend. :)

7)  I've played quite a bit with the demo set (and a little with some kitbashed cards utilizing the full rules).  It is a lot of fun. :)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <02-17-14/0314:58> »
Thanks for the info, Bull.  That actually sounds EVEN BETTER than before.  I especially like the aspect of growth over time.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <02-17-14/0549:13> »
5 reminds me of the D&D dungeon-crawling boardgame, that's fun. :)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!