NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1110 on: <07-01-18/0219:11> »
New milestone build is available: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.201.0

To commemmorate, let's drag this whole thread situation back into sanity. AJCarrington, could you lock the other thread and point it to this one? I don't really like bumping multiple threads to respond to stuff.

@overbyte from other thread: Preserving sort settings shouldn't be a problem to implement. I'll see about getting it in soon.
@kyoto kid: You'll have to update.
@tequila: Fixed, will be in the next nightly build.
@cotilla from other thread: I've added the alternate druid tradition, will be in the next nightly build.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #1111 on: <07-01-18/0507:42> »
Probably not a big deal: image files associated with character builds show as really tiny in the program. I had to check print preview to be sure I was seeing right.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1112 on: <07-01-18/0821:58> »
AJCarrington, could you lock the other thread and point it to this one?

Done

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #1113 on: <07-02-18/0403:08> »
Thanks for the frequent updates!

The Krime Tingler is listed with an availability of 66.   :o
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #1114 on: <07-02-18/0940:13> »
Hi! Also like to add my thanks for the work on this.

I am probably missing something obvious, but I cannot find Exotic Ranged Weapon ammo, in particular the DMSO base rounds for the Ares Super Squirt.  Can you point me in the right direction?
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #1115 on: <07-03-18/2359:28> »
I'll reiterate my request here (taken from other thread)

What would (IMO) be super nice is if saved chars saved the settings for which skills are displayed, for example I like to set my characters to only showing "active skills rating > 0" and sorted by "Dicepool". However I have to reset this every time I open a character.

And BTW.. I only post issues and crashes, but that is because I use Chummer daily. :)
So let me just say, this is an awesome program.
If I get a chance I'm going to pull the source from git and maybe start looking at it and perhaps adding my skillz to the mix, but I need some time and a setup for that.

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

nemafow

• Newb
« Reply #1116 on: <07-11-18/0602:35> »
I'm having an issue creating Insect spirits; v 5.201.0

File > New Critter
Select Insect Spirits under metatype

If I select a Metavariant such as ant, termite etc all the calculations for attributes/skills etc are all blank.
If I don't select a Metavariant, it all seems to calculate OK.

I was also wondering if Chummer5 had the ability to 'apply' an insect spirit template to a critter or a metahuman?
Ie if I created a standard corp sec guard and wanted him to be inhabited by a Force 3 ant insect spirit and become a hybrid form.
I can mess with adding 'improvements' on that tab, but was wondering if there was an easier way.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1117 on: <07-13-18/2341:59> »
I just want to point out that we just passed the 4 year anniversary for this thread.  Those who have worked on Chummer5, thank you, thank you, thank you. 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #1118 on: <07-14-18/0759:55> »
I just want to point out that we just passed the 4 year anniversary for this thread.  Those who have worked on Chummer5, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Worth repeating.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1119 on: <07-16-18/2306:05> »
Can't seem to add College Education, either version, to a character.  The Run Faster version is what I really want.  Removed the SASS version from the data file to see if that was the issue, and nope.  Technical School Education, School of Hard Knocks both available and seem to work.  College Education is the problem child. 

Removed and re-installed.  Clumsy editing of Data files.  Didn't seem to help.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1120 on: <07-16-18/2321:21> »
With an envelope to my forehead I might guess that you're using the Missions 1.4 ruleset which blocks taking it?

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone, couldn't keep doing it without all of your kind words and assistance, and of course the great foundations laid by Keith Rudolph and Adam Schmidt.

@nemafow: I'll look into it, critters haven't had a great deal of work done with them so they might still be kind of janky.
« Last Edit: <07-16-18/2324:02> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

nemafow

• Newb
« Reply #1121 on: <07-17-18/0114:28> »
With an envelope to my forehead I might guess that you're using the Missions 1.4 ruleset which blocks taking it?

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone, couldn't keep doing it without all of your kind words and assistance, and of course the great foundations laid by Keith Rudolph and Adam Schmidt.

@nemafow: I'll look into it, critters haven't had a great deal of work done with them so they might still be kind of janky.

No worries, thank you for your help!  ;D

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #1122 on: <07-17-18/0154:26> »
There seems to always be issues removing an Initiation level. Sometimes it does remove it but does not refresh so you can't if it has been removed or not. It's not clear if removing the Karma expenditure will remove it.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1123 on: <07-17-18/0705:35> »

Carnac the magnificent is right again.  That a technical limitation?  FAQ doesn't list the Run Faster College Education as banned that I can see.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1124 on: <07-17-18/0731:00> »
Looks like it, legacy element from when the qualities had different names. I've amended it to t rigger off the ID instead now, so it'll behave properly as of next build.