NEWS

I had a dream...

• 10 Replies

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« on: <03-14-11/1429:52> »
...and I nightmare, with a Shadowrun theme this morning:

I had to go get a catheter put in and I'm walking through the city to the address I have for the doctor and it turns out I've been "referred" to a very good street-doc. So I get the catheter put in, and it hurts to all hell, and the doc tells me I need to head to an address in the city to meet my benefactor.

I head out, catheter bag on one of those hospital rolling-poles, and make my way to the address the doc gave me. It's a run down gas station with a mechanics' garage. I go inside and in the garage area is Dunkelzhan, in full form, "smiling." He tells me he has an easy job for me. There are eggs, his kind of eggs, hidden around the city and I need to count and catalog them. So I head out and climb to the rooftop of a building a few blocks down, there's a glowing swirling egg there, and I look out across the city and can see the glow of a few more. I jot down the info on this one, climb down and keep walking.

Soon I find that I'm walking up a small one-lane paved road on a steep hill and can see the city, the megasprawl, in all directions and there is a spirit of the Big D following along with me. But as I'm walking it gets eerie-foggy and I notice something, worm-like, crawling under the pavement as easy as if it were a dark blanket instead of asphalt. The spirit whispers behind me, "it's the Horrors!" I fall to my knees, trying to smash the thing with my fists even though it's still under the pavement. My hands start bleeding. The worm-thing makes its way to the edge of the road, near the steep side of the hill, and as I'm beating down on it the road takes on a cloth like quality and then parts. I grab what I think is the worm, pull it up and take a huge bite out of it. Then I look down and to my horror I see that I have in my hand a human head but the flesh has been pulled off, leaving only muscle, fat, sinew, and where the face would be is a huge gaping hole with nothing behind it, no bone, no brain, nothing just empty abyss. And upon seeing this I maddeningly laugh and cry as I scream out, "I've eaten my own face!"

Then I woke up.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-11/2116:12> »
At least you didn't eat your pillow (for real) in the process. @=)

Seriously, didn't your mama teach you about dragon deals?
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-11/2158:28> »
Ha! Yeah, if I think I have a hard time eating cheese...the pillow would have been murder!

I guess the issue is...didn't remember what I did to have the Big D set me up with the street doc (and definitely didn't know before hand that I was working for him) and then, well, when the dragon in front of you says, "go count eggs" you kind of just go count eggs, hehe.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <03-14-11/2250:00> »
I would transform my nightmares into Shadowrun adventures, but they'd be TPKs.

Actually, they'd be too deadly for Paranoia, come to think of it...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-15-11/0029:29> »
I think the key is to worp (yeah "worp"...it's like warp and wrap partied with too much novacoke one night and wrop's the product of their unholy union)...key is to worp dreams enough so that they have a chance for a TPK but it's not a 100% certain. For those special runs. And even though I've already told my players about the dream...down the line someone's going to eat their own face off :) nom nom nom.

:)Paranoia:)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <03-15-11/0039:16> »
My dream is the unholy union of the good Silent Hill games, Max Payne, pretty much anything by Quentin Tarantino, written by Wes Craven and Stephen King after they had a shared hallucination of a bad trip while on something very illicit and dangerous, and a Gun Nut and Classic Car Nut's wet dream.

And that was before monsters started appearing.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #6 on: <03-15-11/0133:42> »
I had a sleep study last night and I would of preferred a weird dream likes yours over what I went through... BLAH!

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-15-11/0212:00> »
@CanRay...that would be awesome, or at least a good whirling nightmare of chaos and confusion worth a dragon's commode of karma :)

@savaze...Been there, yes, was a much happier dream to wake from.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <03-15-11/0217:38> »
@CanRay...that would be awesome, or at least a good whirling nightmare of chaos and confusion worth a dragon's commode of karma :)
Well, part of it seemed right out of Shadowrun...

Involved an assault on a heavily fortified office building.  The initial insertion was done by a '57 Chevy through the front window, stopped by the marble security desk...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <03-15-11/0224:17> »
But when the team gets "lost in the details" of the swirling patterns deep within the marble security desk they start to hear themselves whisper, "Am I a cyberzombie?"

Rascal

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <03-15-11/1310:29> »
Last time I dreamed something game-themed that I remember was a couple of weeks ago. It was the most boring zombie-dream ever.
I was in the large park in the middle of my home-town, running like hell from a horde of hungry zombies. When I finally reached the parking-lot outside the park I realized I had forgotten where I parked my car (and even what my car looked like). Here you would expect the dream to take a turn for the worse, but instead I just spent the rest of the night searching for my mystery car without seeing any more zombies. I was relieved when I woke up, because I was even getting bored inside my dream...
"If you donīt stop driving through walls Iīm going to start rolling for the van to explode - this is an American game!"