NEWS

Book / Fiction Hunt

• 6 Replies

karlthane

• Newb
« on: <03-02-11/2308:38> »
Looking at getting back into Shadowrun, it is the one game that I have always gotten the books simply for the story. I am glad that with version 4 the authors have gone back to doing as much as possible in character, as that is part of what makes the series for me.

I am trying to find two books that I remember reading some of the very short stories in.  The first is a book that had a number of shadowland/jackpoint characters in it, it was done in a way that had a little glimpse into their lives before telling about them. It had Fastjack, Slamm-o, GridReaper, and Netcat plus others. The Netcat story had her morning routine with her complaining about the sprite that took up residence in her soycaf maker.

The second item I am trying to remember where it was was a short bit involving Turbo Bunny and her old BTL dealer.

Thanks in advance for the help.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <03-03-11/0009:38> »
The Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Core rulebook had the short stories with FastJack, Slamm-0! and NetCat. Runner's Companion had the short story of NetCat's sprite problems, along with a story of Picador. The bit about Turbo Bunny may have been the profile of her in 10 Jackpointers.

karlthane

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-03-11/0026:11> »
Thanks, I looked it up and yes Runner Companion had the bit about Netcat, 10 Jackpointers has info about Turbo Bunny, but not the story I was looking for. Will keep hunting.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-03-11/0038:29> »
Jack, GR, and Slammo-0! were profiled in Target: Matrix.

karlthane

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-03-11/0049:00> »
Thank you Crimsondude. Still hunting for the Turbo Bunny BTL story.

dmfubar

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-03-11/1140:52> »
Turbo Bunny having to rebuild a panzer for her dealer was in Arsenal.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <03-03-11/1857:31> »
Poor Turbo, I feel sorry for her.

Her backstory is almost as bad as the ones I give my characters.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11