NEWS

Darker and Edgier Chapter 1: Prelude OOC and Introduction.

• 258 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <09-18-16/1557:35> »
This campaign is designed to be an ongoing persistent world that will be focused on individual and group stories.  This is the introduction and OOC thread to part 1: Prelude.

Prelude focuses on the neighborhood dubbed South Cross in the Redmond Barrens.  This area is run by a group of Neo-Anarchists and is well known for it's shadow economy.  Since there is no centralized control the territory is constantly under pressure from surrounding forces to be brought under control of a more organized group like one of the syndicates or one of the larger gangs.  Violence and despair is common and escapism is an ever present commodity.

Your introduction and inclusion in the shadow economy and thus your over all livelihood has come from your fixer “Gunderson”.  The understanding is work for him a while.  Do well and keep your head down and you will gain more access to bigger and better pay and toys.

Recruiting will be here http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24760.0 rules for character creation are there.  If you want to join please post there and ask for a friend request here https://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/Stuttrboy#
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-16/1327:51> »
Okay I've got characters for Imladir, Scawire and Ennui.  I will start off kind of free form and let you do what you want, but don't worry, Gunderson will call.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-16/1520:32> »
Cigz can make a Logic+Willpower (2) test to keep from spending 50 nuyen on drinks if you'd like, otherwise please update your character sheet.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #3 on: <09-21-16/1616:57> »
I decided no point trying to resist the drink yet. I modded the character on this site I'll get to it shortly on OP.

I was wondering what dice roller are we using in this game, also do I use it to roll my extra nuyen or do you want to. Since the extra money is going to be needed specially when living in the neighborhood we seem to be gracing with our mad combat skills. Ok the other two have mad combat skills I'm just mad (crazy happy about playing shadowrun after two years away.)  ;D
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-21-16/1703:24> »
http://orokos.com/roll/

Feel free to roll your own, just post the BBC code in OOC

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-21-16/1729:06> »
sigh, I hate you Stuttr

Agent 1 teamwork matrix perception: 4d6t5 2
Agent 2 teamwork matrix perception: 4d6t5 1
Agent 3 teamwork matrix perception: 4d6t5 3
so +3 limit and +4 dice for matrix perception
leader teamwork matrix perception: 12d6t5 1 lol wow, spectacular, and a glitch.
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/1759:56> by Ennui »
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-21-16/2059:09> »
lol wut?

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-21-16/2107:31> »
leader teamwork matrix perception: 12d6t5 1 lol wow, spectacular, and a glitch.

I see 5 ones, not 6. So not a glitch.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-21-16/2156:33> »
With a device rating of 4 and the +3 from the teamwork test she would have needed 7 1s to have made a glitch right?  Were you thinking of using the data processing limit of your deck instead?

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-21-16/2158:57> »
A glitch is only when you have ones on at least half of your dice, nothing else matters (except some qualities like Social Stress for example).
And a critical glitch is a glitch with no successes.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-21-16/2226:40> »
Oh, how do I keep mixing that up.  I think you've explained this to me before.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-21-16/2227:48> »
I didn't want to say it, but yes I did ^^

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <09-21-16/2259:08> »
Part of that may have been me.  I was talking about glitches with him earlier and thought it had something to do with your limit.  Thank you for clearing that up.

Oh and "wut?".  You know damn well I didn't want to be called Arachne.  That's not her name.
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/2317:02> by Ennui »
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-21-16/2330:35> »
Increased reflexes force 5: 10d6t5 3
edge reroll: 7d6t5 3

I had 4 successes on a force 5 spell that had 6 successes is my drain still 5P or is it 6P because of the extra success?

Neither.
If you had six successes, then yes, you would take physical drain. As it is, you only get five: spending edge to reroll misses doesn't increase the limit, it stays at five.
And the value of the drain, would be computed base on the force, not the successes.

So Force 1 with 7 successes, would be a 2P drain. Force 8 with 5 successes would be 8S.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-22-16/0803:32> »
So her force 5 spell got 6 hits so she's rolling against 6P or the edge reroll limits her hits at 5?