NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #105 on: <07-25-13/0108:26> »
SR5 410, Pepper Punch description:

"Someone dosed with pepper punch feels an intense burning on any affected skin; this affect is even more pronounced if it gets in the eyes, nose, or mouth..."

Should read effect.
P A L L A D I O N

David Chart

• Newb
« Reply #106 on: <07-25-13/0914:58> »
Repairing Matrix Damage, p. 228, is not completely clear on how much damage needs to be repaired before a device is usable again. I suspect that a single box is enough, but an explicit statement would be helpful.
David Chart
Waiting for Ryumyo
http://www.davidchart.com/

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #107 on: <07-26-13/0026:48> »
Combat Action: Stand Up (p 166)

Using a Simple Action, a character who is lying down or
prone may stand up. If the character is wounded and at-
tempting to stand, he must succeed in a Body + Willpow-
er (2) Test to do so (wound modifiers apply to this test).

How wounded is "wounded"?  Are we truly intended to be rolling to stand up for just one box of damage that hasn't even caused a -1 wound penalty yet?  I could see when (Half BOD) boxes are filled in (total) on the damage track.  But for a headache?  Surely that was one intended for more clarification? 

Kyle Morgan

• Newb
« Reply #108 on: <07-28-13/0928:01> »
On Page 198 under Penetration Weapons ist says: When multiple rounds are fired at a barrier, the damage increases to two boxes for three bullets, three boxes for six bullets...
On the Same Page in the example, Wombat toggles to full auto, yet still does only one box of damage.

Kyle Morgan

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <07-28-13/1144:53> »
On page 206, the chapter about first aid constitutes: The macimum damage healable with the first aid skill is equal to the skill's rating.
However, the example on the next page allows Full Deck to heal 4 boxes of damage with a skill rating of 1 and a specialization to combat wounds.

Elizara Dane

• Newb
  • Discreet negotiations and arbitrations by request
« Reply #110 on: <07-28-13/1432:15> »
On page 206, the chapter about first aid constitutes: The macimum damage healable with the first aid skill is equal to the skill's rating.
However, the example on the next page allows Full Deck to heal 4 boxes of damage with a skill rating of 1 and a specialization to combat wounds.

P.450 "Add the medkit’s rating to your limit on First Aid tests" in the entry for Medkit. This killed me for the longest time too because this is the ONLY mention of this in the book other than the implication in the example.
My goal? Dear, my one goal is only the most noble goal of all...

A life of luxury, of course.

David Chart

• Newb
« Reply #111 on: <07-29-13/0336:48> »
A few magic ones I don't think I've seen posted yet.

Give the Offering (296): First sentence says you must spend (Force) reagents. Last paragraph is all about what to do if you are not spending any reagents. The summary for reagent use also implies that it is optional.

Circle of Healing (298): This lasts several days. Does anyone who enters the circle during that time get the benefit of the healing spell? If I get healed once, then get wounded again, can I pop back into the circle for more healing? I'm really not sure what the intent is here; the first sentence suggests that it just heals several targets at once. Increase Attribute and Increase Reflexes are Healing spells; do they last several days when cast as a ritual?

Spirit Services Table (302): Aid Study has been missed off. It's in the descriptive text.

Obtain the Telesma (306) says that the unworked telesma or telesma you have worked on are easier to enchant. The artificiality of the telesma is covered by Object Resistance. Working on the telesma does not, however, seem to give you any bonus. (I think it should; that was a nice feature of earlier editions).

Improved Ability (309) says that the maximum possible improvement is current skill x 1.5. Read literally, that means that if I have a skill of 6, I can improve it by 9 points (an improvement of skill x 1.5). I suspect that the intent was for the maximum possible improvement to be current skill x 0.5.

Voice Control (311) is strictly better than Improved Potential (Social) (309): Voice Control gives you +1 Social Limit per level, and other things, and comes in levels so that you can boost your Social Limit by your Magic Rating.

The rules seem to have changed to make non-Awakened talismongers and magical theorists impossible. They were explicitly mentioned as character types in earlier editions, albeit unlikely to be player characters. Is this a retcon so that they never existed (like metahuman allergies) or has something changed in-world (like the Matrix)?
David Chart
Waiting for Ryumyo
http://www.davidchart.com/

Elathan

• Newb
« Reply #112 on: <07-29-13/0922:50> »
I don't know if this belongs to the errata, but here we go:

It seems it's missing the clarification about the type of weapon that can get a Gas-Vent System (like in SR4A, quoted below).

Quote from: SR4A, page 322
Gas-Vent System: Gas-vent recoil compensation systems vent a weapon’s barrel gases at a specific vector to counter barrel climb. Gas- vent systems can be built into machine pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, and machine guns. Installing them takes up the barrel mount and requires an Armorer + Logic (8, 1 hour) Extended Test; once installed, they cannot be removed. Weapons already equipped with a built-in gas-vent system cannot be equipped with an additional gas-vent system.
The gas-vent 2 system provides 2 points of recoil compensation; the gas-vent 3 system provides 3 points of recoil compensation.

Quote from: SR5, page 431-432
Gas-vent system: Gas-vent recoil compensation sys- tems are barrel-mounted accessories that vent a weapon’s barrel gases at a specific vector to counter muzzle climb. Once installed, a gas-vent cannot be removed. Gas-vent systems provide a number of points of Recoil Compensation equal to their rating.
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Kyle Morgan

• Newb
« Reply #113 on: <07-29-13/1043:33> »

P.450 "Add the medkit’s rating to your limit on First Aid tests" in the entry for Medkit. This killed me for the longest time too because this is the ONLY mention of this in the book other than the implication in the example.
Aye, the example mentions that too. According to the chapter about first aid, the mental limit should be used. A medkit would increase this limit or it might just replace your skill. Does that mean, your skill rating is a second limit for the test and is the medkit rating overriding your skill limit? I think, the sentence about your skill as another limit just does not fit in and should be taken out, especially since the skill can be defaulted to logic-1.

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #114 on: <07-31-13/0012:16> »
Missing section from Combat somewhere:

Unconsciousness: When all of the available boxes in a track (Physical or Stun) are filled in, the character immediately falls unconscious and drops to the ground. If the Stun track is filled in, the character is merely knocked out. If the Physical track is filled in, however, the character is near death and will die unless stabilized.

There is no explicit reference to this in the Combat or Damage sections, but several implied references, SR5 100, 137, 460, etc., as well as the Quick-Start Rules 12 (quoted above).  The other subsections of Applying Damage and Condition Monitor Tracks are probably missing as well.
P A L L A D I O N

Pumpkin

• Newb
« Reply #115 on: <07-31-13/0532:06> »
Page 266 - riggers get +1 dice pool for VR whereas hackers get +2 but all initiative bonuses are the same

Should riggers get +2?

Is page 266 in error?

Thanks

ImaginalDisc

• Omae
« Reply #116 on: <08-01-13/0204:08> »
p65 (top right paragraph) says that trolls need to pay 50% more for all gear, with no mention of a modified cost for dwarves.
p420 under Size Costs says that equipment size modification costs for both metatypes is included in a Lifestyle cost modifier.

Which is correct?

I've been told it was decided it should just be the increased lifestyle cost.  Paying extra for all gear, while it may be more realistic is just way to harsh.

It also isn't clear if it's 50 or 100% for Trolls and 10 or 20% for Dwarves. The C-Gen text in multiple places have the 50/10 but the table lists the increase as 100/20% respectively.

Just to follow on this topic, which I find really crucial to basic character creation, the specific page references are:

Page 66 says:

Dwarf Racial: +2 dice for pathogen and toxin resistance, +20% increased Lifestyle cost
And:
Troll Racial: Thermographic Vision, +1 Reach, +1 dermal armor, +100% increased Lifestyle costs

While page 94 directly conflicts by saying:

When a character factors in racial modifiers for gear
costs (trolls have a 50 percent gear and Lifestyle cost
increase, dwarfs have a 10 percent increase in gear
costs)

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <08-01-13/0437:39> »
On page 166, the Throw Weapon action reads as follows:

Throw Weapon
A character may throw a ready throwing weapon (see Ready Weapon, p. 165) by taking a Simple Action. The character may not take any other attack actions in the same Action Phase. Multiple readied throwing weapons can be thrown at a target within Short or Medium range by adding a Multiple Attacks Free Action (see Multiple Attacks, p. 196).

To be consistent with the wording of all other attack actions, the last sentence should be changed to read more like this:

Multiple readied throwing weapons can be thrown at multiple targets within Short or Medium range by adding a Multiple Attacks Free Action (see Multiple Attacks, p. 196).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #118 on: <08-01-13/0712:33> »
Availability Tests do not list how long the tests themselves take, only Delivery Time.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Zhavier

• Newb
« Reply #119 on: <08-01-13/0737:24> »
Two things:  I could not find any information on how many hacker programs an RCC can run, nor any information on the cost of buying autosofts for drones in fifth edition pdf.  Defaults I'm running with are that autosofts cost the same as hacker programs, and that an RCC can run its device rating in hacker programs + whatever autosofts it runs from the sharing/noise filter ability.