NEWS

Ares Macrotechnology and Insect Spirits

• 131 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <12-02-11/1651:55> »
They even put it on video for kids today with their ADHD brains and inability to read and all that!  :P

Not that my generation was any better...  Idiot getting a "B" for a "Book Report" on Rolling Stone magazine, and I getting a "C" on...  I forget, but at least it was a BOOK.

>.> I got an A on a book I never even read. Had to do a "journal" on the book "Night" which is about a guy in the holocaust. <.<

Oh yes, I'm good at getting by doing very little work. XD Is this a skill or a flaw? I can never tell which.... <.<
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #61 on: <12-02-11/1700:06> »
I once got an A on a philosophy essay where the topic was "The Mind is a Machine. Discuss." I drek you not, I took that thing in stream of consciousness form from Godzilla, to the Borg, to the Matrix, and back again. Even I had no idea what I was writing until it was on the screen. Fun stuff.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <12-02-11/1746:47> »
I once got an A on a philosophy essay where the topic was "The Mind is a Machine. Discuss." I drek you not, I took that thing in stream of consciousness form from Godzilla, to the Borg, to the Matrix, and back again. Even I had no idea what I was writing until it was on the screen. Fun stuff.

Gotta love there is no "right" answer questions. People seem to have a freakin hard time with these questions.... *sigh* poor sods....

haha, sod the quest! xD (Sorry was thinking of a Indie short serise about DnD related stuff.... if anyone has the chance look up "Journey Quest" and/Or their earlier movie "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising")
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <12-04-11/0018:00> »
Knight is apparently under the delusion that they can control the bugs, and wipe out the ones that don't behave. Needless to say, this is going to all come crashing down. And Chicago will probably be ground zero for it. Again.

so Knight gets possessed by the Invae after the Chicago affair and Ares starts spreading the use of security bug-things throughout the corp.

And you thought the Universal Brotherhood was bad...
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #64 on: <12-04-11/0029:15> »
Knight replaced?  I doubt it.  Underestimated the abilities and determination of his opponent, though -- that I can believe.  He does it so often ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #65 on: <12-04-11/0849:54> »
Knight replaced?  I doubt it.  Underestimated the abilities and determination of his opponent, though -- that I can believe.  He does it so often ...
Pretty stupid underestimation.

Everyone knows how damned tough and stubborn Cockroaches are, after all.  Just can't kill the damned things!

EDIT:  Scary Thought:  Horsefly Insect Spirits!  Think Mosquito force-fed steroids from birth with a glandular problem that makes them five times the normal size.  And, yes, 'Roid Rage too.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <12-05-11/1849:01> »
eww
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #67 on: <12-05-11/2009:37> »
Yeah.  Northern Ontario is not a nice place for insect life.  They're damned tough.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <12-06-11/2238:30> »
Scary Thought:  Horsefly Insect Spirits!  Think Mosquito force-fed steroids from birth with a glandular problem that makes them five times the normal size.  And, yes, 'Roid Rage too.

Yup, growing up in Wyoming, horseflies are the worst. And a Sioux Wildcat platoon of horsefly mergers keeps me awake at night...with giddiness at the thought of making my players travel to the Sioux Nation. :)
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #69 on: <12-09-11/1429:15> »
They even put it on video for kids today with their ADHD brains and inability to read and all that!  :P

Not that my generation was any better...  Idiot getting a "B" for a "Book Report" on Rolling Stone magazine, and I getting a "C" on...  I forget, but at least it was a BOOK.

>.> I got an A on a book I never even read. Had to do a "journal" on the book "Night" which is about a guy in the holocaust. <.<

Oh yes, I'm good at getting by doing very little work. XD Is this a skill or a flaw? I can never tell which.... <.<

You'd be Amazed at just how many books Frank Castle of Castle productions has written for my biblogrophies over the years......... 8)
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <12-09-11/1434:24> »
Scary Thought:  Horsefly Insect Spirits!  Think Mosquito force-fed steroids from birth with a glandular problem that makes them five times the normal size.  And, yes, 'Roid Rage too.

Yup, growing up in Wyoming, horseflies are the worst. And a Sioux Wildcat platoon of horsefly mergers keeps me awake at night...with giddiness at the thought of making my players travel to the Sioux Nation. :)
Who wants me to REALLY scare them then.......................... Looking over Conspiracy Theories. It looks as if Plan 9, Snopes and all the rest have missed the oldest, Largest and most well defened hive from SR history.....

Anyone know what it is?

Here's a hint it's from a Really out of print product.... By like 18 yrs.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #71 on: <12-09-11/1850:23> »
Don't be a tease, dear.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <12-10-11/0336:14> »
2011 - 18 years = 1993.

Only thing I can think of is the "CrashCart Debacle" out of 2XS (1992)

Otherwise, 1993 +/- 1 year, it would be in one (or more) of the following:

Novels
N04 2XS $4.50 Findley, Nigel D.   
N05 Changeling   $4.50 Kubasik, Chris
N06 Never trust an elf $4.50 Charrette, Robert N.
N07 Into the Shadows $4.99 Weisman, Jordan K.
N08 Streets of blood $4.99 Sargent, Carl
   7100s
7109 Shadowbeat $15.00 Hume, Paul R.
7110 Shadowtech $15.00 Wu, Karl
   7200s
7204 Germany Sourcebook $18.00 Immig/Romer
7208 The Neo-Anarchists' Guide to Real Life $15.00 Findley, Nigel D.
   7300s
7309 Imago $8.00 Sargent, Carl
7312 One Stage Before $9.00 Findley, Nigel D.
   7900s
7900 Shadowrun Main Book 2nd Ed. HB $30.00 Staff
7901 Shadowrun Main Book 2nd Ed. SB $25.00 Staff   
7902 Shadowrun Game Screen 2nd Ed. $12.00 Dowd, Tom
7903 The Grimoire 2nd Ed. $15.00 Hume, Paul R.

Novels
N09 Shadowplay $4.99 Findley, Nigel D.
N10 Nights Pawn $4.99 Dowd, Tom
N11 Striper Assassin $4.99 Smith, Nyx
   7100s
7112 Paranormal Animals of Europe $18.00 Sargent, Carl
7113 Corporate Shadowfiles $18.00 Findley, Nigel D.   
   7200s
7210 Tir Tairngire $18.00 Findley, Nigel D.
7211 Tir Na nOg $18.00 Sargent/Gascoigne
   7300s
7313 Dark Angel $8.00 Kane, Thomas
7314 A Killing Glare $8.00 Prosperi, Louis J.
7315 Celtic Double-Cross $8.00 Sargent/Gascoigne

Novels
N12 Lone Wolf $4.99 Findley, Nigel D.
N13 Fade to Black $4.99 Smith, Nyx
N14 Nosferatu $4.99 Sargent, Carl
N15 Burning Bright $5.99 Dowd, Tom   
   7100s
7104 Street Samurai Catalog $12.00 Dowd, Tom
7114 Fields of Fire $15.00 Dowd, Tom   
7115 Lone Star Sourcebook $18.00 Findley, Nigel D.
7116 Prime Runners $18.00 Sargent/Gasgione   
7117 Bug City $18.00 Staff
   7200s
7204 Germany Sourcebook $18.00 Immig/Romer
7212 Denver Boxed Set $25.00 Findley, Nigel D.
   7300s
7316 Eye Witness $10.00 Nystul, Mike
7317 Paradise Lost $10.00 Wong/Findley
7318 Divided Assets $10.00 Dowd, Tom
7319 Double Exposure $10.00 Cain/Findley
7320 Harlequin's Back $15.00   Staff
   7400s
7401 Sprawl Maps $15.00 Staff
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <12-10-11/1703:11> »
yup. it's definatly on that list........

Gimme just a bit I had to pull out that old stuff and I'm looking up page numbers and references for you all. That way you can all look at it yourselves.

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <12-10-11/1908:39> »
Okay so if anyone has a copy of the Denver box set break it out.
Look up and read:
Denver sourcebook - p.153   Essian's comment
Denver GM's Book - p. 18 Elizabeth Kalheim (option C)
                                     p. 21 Sappho (option C)
                                     p. 36 - 35 the Hole (again option C)

My theory on where the bugs holed up at is that they managed to burrow into what was left of "The Hole" or for those non-Denverites, the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD).

Yes I know that all the stuff in there are optional ways for the timeline to go but if you read the whole thing overall most of the "wost end cases" are what played out in the time line IIRC.
The references above show that Denvers UB chapter house was active in '54. And that Kalhiem was being manipulated by Sappho to "care about Cheyenne Mt again. Sappho is a Mantis shaman so you have to wonder why Mantis wants to have the Hole looked at again.....
And as for the Hole it's mentioned that it has an underground stream leading into the mountain that should allow astral travel inside but there is a powerful ward deep in the mountain. And that Shamanic commando teams, with spirit support, and curious indivduals that project  in come back with scrambled minds or don't come back at all.

Yes I know that Ghostwalker would have a problem with them, if he knows about them. And if he does know maybe he knows they are too entrenched for him to get to and that they might be too strong for him to beat alone.

Anyway that's it. If I'm right and that was the way it was suppposed to turn out, which we will never know now with all the writer turnover, this would have been freaking terrifing. Bugs with a Nuke proof bunker/Hive that have been left alone for 19 years to grow.........
Imagine what those merged Ares black ops guys could do with that?

You're welcome.
Sleep tight, don't let the bed Bugz bite.

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept