NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-16-10/2302:58> »
Not to be pushy or anything, but with the physical release of 6WA, are the print errors in the PDF still there in the printed copy?
If they've been fixed, where's the updated PDF?
If they haven't been fixed, how much more time did you need to fix the issues when they were brought forward the same day the pdf came out?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #31 on: <09-17-10/0216:51> »
Just noticing, 6WA is number CAT26205. Vice is CAT26203. Seattle 2072 is 26240. What happened to 26204?
Maybe 26204 asked too many questions about where other CAT numbers went!   :o

Not to be pushy or anything, but with the physical release of 6WA, are the print errors in the PDF still there in the printed copy?
If they've been fixed, where's the updated PDF?
If they haven't been fixed, how much more time did you need to fix the issues when they were brought forward the same day the pdf came out?
I can, at least partially, answer your question -- but only by shamelessly repeating what I saw as an official answer over on Facebook:  "This is the same print run as the copies at GenCon. Errata will be released."

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <09-18-10/1504:15> »
Spy Games sounds good. That's an aspect of SR that's never been adequately explored, in any edition. Will ISA, SO15 and Section 9 be in there?
"Degrade first the arts if you'd mankind degrade,
Hire idiots to paint with cold light and hot shade."
-WB

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #33 on: <09-19-10/1005:32> »
I always thought runners feel into two classes.
a. The shoot first, shoot second then toss in the grenades in.
b. Plan, plan, plan and attempt to get in and out unnoticed.
The latter always struck me as more of a spy like game so a book for that second crowd certainly seems like a good choice.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #34 on: <09-19-10/1203:27> »
 ;D Attitude--Did you like Shadowbeat? Then hopefully you'll like Attitude.

" You have an Attitude!"

Why Yes... And Arsenal to go along with it! ;D
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <09-22-10/1234:48> »
Spy Games sounds good. That's an aspect of SR that's never been adequately explored, in any edition. Will ISA, SO15 and Section 9 be in there?
I hope not.

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <09-23-10/2006:23> »
Why's that?  ???
-WB

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-24-10/0946:42> »
Too much Big Brother/Illuminati hand waving, I'm assuming.  It's too easy to say the "sprawling tendrils of the shadowy intelligence agency" finds your character, regardless of the fact that he erased his SIN, stripped naked, blasted every RFID tag within 100 miles of himself with the EMP from a nuke set off to kill everyone the character knows and to fake his death, swims out to the middle of the Pacific on a strip of driftwood and then freedives to the bottom of the ocean where the Agency is waiting to pick him up and return him for questioning.

It becomes hackneyed after a certain point.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <09-24-10/2204:42> »
Err, that's assuming quite a lot beforehand. Real world intelligence agencies are nowhere near to Big Brother. They're extremely fallible and in many cases incompetent. Why would someone object to an unreleased book because they think intel agents are omnipotent? That's silly.
-WB

Katerchen

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <09-25-10/0942:28> »
Spy Games

Great!

But I hope I don't have to erase my ex-spy character after reading all the infos (and new rules and gear?) in this one...  ;D
Versuchen Sie's mal mit Wagner, da klebt mehr Blut dran.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <09-25-10/1016:36> »
Err, that's assuming quite a lot beforehand. Real world intelligence agencies are nowhere near to Big Brother. They're extremely fallible and in many cases incompetent. Why would someone object to an unreleased book because they think intel agents are omnipotent? That's silly.
Mostly because that's how the media has portrayed intelligence agencies.  Actually one of two extremes:  Either they are boneheaded incompetents, or they are the All Seeing Eye of God.  Real world intelligence does it's job fairly well.  It's just that there is an ocean of information to swim through, and they only have snorkeling gear.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <09-25-10/1025:45> »
Which is made out of paper and bamboo sticks.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-25-10/1913:39> »
Mostly because that's how the media has portrayed intelligence agencies.
But thats not how they're portraed in shadowrun, portrayals of inteligense agensies has been pretty realistic in past books and i don't see any reason to except anythink else from this book.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <09-25-10/2241:05> »
I just loved the FBI agents in Native American Nations 1. Della Cooper and Grisham...hehe.
-WB

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #44 on: <09-25-10/2253:20> »
i just want a physical release date for runners toolkit, i've had the thing on back order for forever and have now paid for it twice, (got my money back in Seatle 2072 and Vice the first time) and i'm still waiting for it to physically release.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget