NEWS

Jackpoint-style discussion?

• 1 Replies

Leevizer

• Omae
« on: <04-22-14/0705:58> »
I think that'd be fun and immersive. The main point would be to start up a discussion in character and get comments in character.

I'm thinking that people could, if they wanted to, post their messages in the format seen in sourcebooks, prompting for users to reply with in-world-replies. Obviously this wouldn't work with straight-out rules questions, but talking flavourfully or if you want to make a choice based on roleplaying elements, not numbers, it'd be nice. It could easily be managed by making the post subject contain [JP] for example, kinda like a lot of posters do when talking of SR5 instead of SR4? Or saying it on the first line of the topic.

Also, it'd make for good fanfiction as well and would make the whole "I'll see what people have said about X in the forums" an immersive Shadowrun experience instead of just... Checking for new posts.

Has this been done before? A quick matrix search didn't show anything like this. Does anyone support this idea? Where should this kind of discussion happen? Should there be a thread or a post with the "rules" relating to this or runner "personas" people want to use? Though this might make it too regulated for most people to enjoy...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...