NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #465 on: <08-17-16/1353:29> »
Is there a reason Laser weapons are not in the drop down menu for weapons to be placed on Weapon mounts? I really wanted to add a Archon to my Steel Lynx.... Come to notice... why isnt there flamethrowers, and missile/rocket launchers there either? *edit* found them, you have to install a vehicle weapon mount, not a drone weapon mount. which is strange... oh well

Also, whenever i go to add an "Improvement" to a Knowledge Skill chummer crashes when i go to select the skill.
« Last Edit: <08-17-16/1457:57> by Raven2049 »

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #466 on: <08-17-16/1528:09> »
The softweave mod rounds down instead of up, is this intended or a bug?
Also when i make a custom mod with the same formula it gives a different result ???

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #467 on: <08-19-16/0819:28> »
Lasers aren't in the dropdown list because I'm an idiot and tend to forget that CGL don't have sensible things like keyword lists when they're working on these things. Per RAW, lasers are a weapon category. Per RAW, turrets don't list lasers as a valid weapon category. I'll fix it when I get a chance.
I can't replicate the knowledge skill issue, can you upload an affected character file and provide steps to reproduce it?

YNT softweave is intended in that there's no RAW stating otherwise, so I default to floor. If you can provide a reference stating it should be ceiling instead, I'll switch it out.

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #468 on: <08-19-16/1245:45> »
No reference, just that math rules are that 0.5 is rounded to 1.
What about when you make a custom armor mod with the same capacity formula you get a different result?
« Last Edit: <08-19-16/1251:38> by k_night »

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #469 on: <08-19-16/1314:43> »
Also for the custom armor mod i'm trying to make, i'm trying to make it so it sets the armor rating of the modded armor to 0, but i haven't found a formula that wont crash chummer.  :-\

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #470 on: <08-19-16/1319:51> »
Lasers aren't in the dropdown list because I'm an idiot and tend to forget that CGL don't have sensible things like keyword lists when they're working on these things. Per RAW, lasers are a weapon category. Per RAW, turrets don't list lasers as a valid weapon category. I'll fix it when I get a chance.
I can't replicate the knowledge skill issue, can you upload an affected character file and provide steps to reproduce it?

YNT softweave is intended in that there's no RAW stating otherwise, so I default to floor. If you can provide a reference stating it should be ceiling instead, I'll switch it out.

See the note on rounding sidebar on page 48, CRB.  Unless otherwise stated, round up.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #471 on: <08-19-16/1406:47> »
Damn, i didn't look for references for that, cause i didn't think there would be a specific answer to such a broad aspect.  :o
Thanks for the info Kincaid  ;D

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #472 on: <08-19-16/1858:55> »
I've found a pattern in the behavior of the custom mods.
Any armor mod that modifies capacity and isn't YNT Softweave Armor,
modifies both base capacity and available capacity. :o

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #473 on: <08-19-16/2013:18> »
Can't choose an initiation grade for magical characters when in build mode. Don't know about career mode.

Was that deliberate? Not seeing it in the changelog.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #474 on: <08-19-16/2142:57> »
You can, but you have to activate a house rule, since it's normally forbidden.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #475 on: <08-20-16/0751:27> »
I hate to say this, but it's still crashing when I try to add a metamagic technique.  :-\

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #476 on: <08-20-16/1000:03> »
Right, so. Fixed the rounding calculations for armour mods, gear and some other stuff.

Calculations for the capacity increasing mods now works again properly; items that do this will need the <softweave /> bonus applied.  I'm really not a fan of locking away things like that behind specifically named improvements, but there's a chunk of annoying work involved in genericising it for existing characters. One day or another I'm going to do something about a loading shim to manage characters with old improvements that won't cause issues, but that's probably a long way off.

As for the metamagic technique issue, I can't replicate it. At what point does it crash? Clicking the button to open the form, selecting a metamagic, accepting the selected metamagic, etc.? If it's crashing out, you're probably getting a prompt to send a notification to us. If you click No, what are the top five lines or so of the exception report?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #477 on: <08-20-16/1028:44> »
Right, so. Fixed the rounding calculations for armour mods, gear and some other stuff.

Calculations for the capacity increasing mods now works again properly; items that do this will need the <softweave /> bonus applied.  I'm really not a fan of locking away things like that behind specifically named improvements, but there's a chunk of annoying work involved in genericising it for existing characters. One day or another I'm going to do something about a loading shim to manage characters with old improvements that won't cause issues, but that's probably a long way off.

As for the metamagic technique issue, I can't replicate it. At what point does it crash? Clicking the button to open the form, selecting a metamagic, accepting the selected metamagic, etc.? If it's crashing out, you're probably getting a prompt to send a notification to us. If you click No, what are the top five lines or so of the exception report?

It crashes when I click the button to open the form. The window will partially open, and then it crashes. It's not giving me a prompt to send you a notification. I just get a pop up saying "Chummer 5 has stopped working. Looking for a solution to the problem.", then another that says "A problem has caused Chummer 5 to crash." and my only option is a button that says Close Program. It doesn't even tell me specifically what the error is, just that there was one.

I'm starting to think it's an issue with my computer and not with Chummer itself.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #478 on: <08-20-16/1058:47> »
Thaaaat's interesting. What version are you running, 183?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #479 on: <08-20-16/1115:13> »
Thaaaat's interesting. What version are you running, 183?

Yep